NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES thread Part 3

(1000 Posts)

Ooooooohhhh, that's exciting, and a bit of an honour, I feel like the Leader!

Didi

Maybe give it a few more days then so are a couple weeks then retest . Loosing weight can help with pcos

Schooldidi Sun 13-Jan-13 14:14:47

No need to poas sad Af turned up while I was in Morrisons. I should have known that aknowledging it was late would make it turn up.

Oh sad

Sometimes things are just shit aren't they. Sorry didi thanks

Tortoise Sun 13-Jan-13 17:50:27

Sorry to hear that didi sad. (((hugs)))

How's everyone feeling about tomorrows weigh in?
I'm dreading it again as I've had a terrible few days sad . If I get a chance later I might drag the exercise bike out and do an hour on there watching tv. Got ebaying to do first though.

Hi all

Thanks for reassurance. Hmmm wonder if any of you live in London as men never give their seats up here! Apart from the nice one on Friday!

Bring on the vile workout gear, by Easter I will be buying a smaller size.

didi i'm sorry to hear that, how disappointing.

Went to a party last night and ate a lot of food, but much less than i would've done. It was mainly stodgy carbs and savouries - my idea of heaven. I find I am a bit of a scientist at all social occassions now observing 'thin' people. I have discovered that they eat less than me and often turn down food!

Hi tortoise. I always dread weigh in because there have been a few weeks where I've lost nothing and I've eaten really well. I have had two days this week where I haven't really stuck to the diet.

Tuna salad for lunch today and soup in a minute so really unexciting food today. Will do an Internet food order tonight so I can plan menus for next week as I do much better when I'm organised.

ICBINEG Sun 13-Jan-13 18:16:53

I am doomed for the weigh in tomorrow. Am having AF from hell (has been a recurrent problem since giving birth tbh) and have been stuffing in the chocolate ever since the news about my DM hit home.

But never mind...Ill post it up whatever it is and then try and use it for motivation to do better next week...

Schooldidi Sun 13-Jan-13 20:22:09

It's stupid for me to be disappointed, we're not even ttc. An accident is my only hope of another baby but surely we would notice a condom malfunction? Any thoughts on how I could arrange a condom malfunction in a way that is not immediately obvious (because it could take months)? I am joking really but it's very frustrating for me to want another baby so much and him to flatly refuse.

tortoise I've already weighed in this week so I'm feeling fine about it. If you are struggling with the diet is there anything you can change about the times/days you find you struggle with? Like if you are struggling with evening snacking, could you make sure you have plenty of fruit in to snack on, or popcorn is surprisingly low calorie? Or if it's portion sizes for main meals, or eating the wrong thing at main meals then could you look for lower calorie versions of the foods you like to cook so that you can have the portion sizes you want? I know that I like big portions of food so i make a lot of slimming world or weightwatchers recipes because they are made lower fat so I can eat more for the same calorie values iyswim.

Icb Right now in your life I don't think you need to beat yourself up about eating a bit too much chocolate. You can't possibly be eating any more of it than I did at my lowest point last year, be kind to yourself, and just get back in gear whenever you are ready.

Tortoise Sun 13-Jan-13 21:11:29

didi Think i just struggle full stop lol. I can go all day without eating but then as soon as i eat it seems to trigger the 'I want more' feeling. Portion size is also a problem though.

Think i have AF due end of the week.

didi oh no, very sorry to hear that, does your DH know how much you want another baby?

What are these pills you speak of youcan? Do I need some?!

Good luck all my lovely pals x

Ha CCC - senekot haha!!

I am just taking night before weigh in. I have been on soup and vegetables this week and need a bit of assistance grin

Good luck all for weigh in. I am in a pensive mood. I feel that if I haven't done well I want to throw the towel in. But I will not.. I can not.

Ohhh!!! Might try then, know what you mean re eating veg.......!

Sorry Didi must be hard wanting when other does not

Icb
With everything else going on in surprised you not ate all our weight in chocolate be kind to yourself it's been hard few weeks

Johnny

Sometimes a bad few days seems ti kickstart our bodies and yup it does open your eyed you find self people watching more oh and yes I'm a savoury person to

I find Im not missing chocolate or cake shock but cheese and sausage rolls well sad

Tortoise maybe keep diary for week of what you are eating see if there is a pattern if when You are most hungry and not eating means once Yiu start your brain goes ekkk I'm hungry and we may not get anything for ages better stock up

Btw. I can reccomend Mirena I kinda forgotten what an AF is since I had it . Must check feeling due for new one . Mind it be immucalte conception if I did fall pregnant but am used to not having AF any more

Nope you can who knows if not good this week then next week it may fall of sometimes seem to stick a while mind lol not if your taking senna nothing sticks around

Schooldidi Sun 13-Jan-13 22:15:16

Tortoise I would second Human's suggestion of a food diary. I find that if I graze all day I do better than if I try and starve myself and then eat more in the evenings. Maybe try eating smaller meals throughout the day? I don't think I go more than about 3 hours without food most days blush although a lot of the time it's a bit of fruit mid morning or a low fat yogurt mid afternoon, not a full blown meal. I wouldn't be able to eat nothing all day and just eat an evening meal, I would binge completely and it would be pointless having starved myself all day.

Morning all <yawn>

I have lost my chirstmas weight gain....5lbs off for me but it was bloody hard living on soup and veg all week. I honestly cannot stomach the last few pots in the freezer...the parsnip soup is like baby puree...

I can start afresh now and start making progress again so no slacking for me this week. I must get closer to that 12...

Tortoise Mon 14-Jan-13 07:56:03

Well done youcan smile
I stayed the samesad
I have been doing better at having lunch most days. smile Need to cycle more again this week. I ruined all that with bad eating blush .

Down a pound. Now 11 st 10. Really pleased as i had a big lunch with a friend on friday and a party on saturday. Comfortably away from 12, I don't ever want to be over 12 st again.

youcan and tortoise those are really good results. Tortoise you might not have lost but you'll be getting fitter (and getting your kids fitter) so brilliant. Youcan 5lbs is amazing. When dh gets back you will be a 12!

ICBINEG Mon 14-Jan-13 09:25:23

ho hum. Well technically I am down 1 lb but that is because I went from 155.6 to 155.4 and have always been rounding to nearest lb.

On the one hand it could have been worse given the AF and binging on burgers and chocs. On the other hand I have been within touching distance of 10s at the start for a month now.

Must not stall! Right it is 10s or bust this week! NO MORE EXCUSES.

ICBINEG Mon 14-Jan-13 09:26:09

Well done losers (and in view of my own efforts) well done stayers the same. January is a tough one!

Morning rather late but got a pooly grizzly baby and snow to

Tortoise
Ok you stayed the same but it shows that you have learnt moderation and that if gave few bad days that Yiu can balanced it out

Well done youcan hope Yiu been able to go

Yay johnny go you

2 and 1/2 off for me takes me below 12 stone grin am 11.12 now

Tortoise yes 1lbboc muscle weighs same as 1lb of fat but changing fat to muscle may not give weight loss but it will give Yiu inches lost

Icb

You had one hell of a week so that is still good going

Tortoise yes 1lbboc muscle weighs same as 1lb of fat but changing fat to muscle may not give weight loss but it will give Yiu inches lost

Icb

You had one hell of a week so that is still good going

Well done all! I managed three pounds so next week will be the righ side of 14 stone, never to be seen again!!!!

Blimey youcan that is hardcore!!!!! grin

Tortoise Mon 14-Jan-13 11:51:31

Human I have to disagree. sad. I have no moderation in my eating. Especially this week end. I had huge plates full of crap plus various crap inbetween. Today is off to a bad start too.
Miserable weather combined with sitting at home = snaking sad
I'm bored and have things I should be doing but my motivation is at an all time low sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.