NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES thread Part 3

(1000 Posts)

Ooooooohhhh, that's exciting, and a bit of an honour, I feel like the Leader!

Tortoise Wed 09-Jan-13 20:16:20

That would be NIT combing. grin

Oh ich that is sad news. How is your mum coping? Oh gosh, what a shock, especially if you had a bit of hope there.sad

Have done a two mile brisk walk with two pals who are doing that London midnight marathon thing so they were going for it!

Oh Ta youcan kiss, very kind! And thanks didi!!!!! For forgiving me!

Ha ha johnny!! <smacks johnny's DH's bottom>

Tortoise Wed 09-Jan-13 23:40:48

Well done on the walk Checkpoint.

My legs have gone all achy. Guess from all the cycling. grin

Messed up tonight by eating 2 pain au chocolat and drinking a bottle of bud. Last one from Christmas booze! So no more beer in house.

Tortoise Thu 10-Jan-13 14:27:04

Haven't been out cycling today but walked just over 3 and a half miles this morning.
2 more to go by doing school pick up plus DDs have gymnastics tonight so that's a few more miles then too grin .

youcan you have powers!

As you were contemplating dh's trousers falling down they did in fact split thereby revealing his undergarments to his workplace blush

He always runs up stairs two at a time and while doing so ... RRRRRIIIIIIIPPPPPP!

So ladies we had better not get in youcan's bad books.... shock

Icb how are You doing ?

Johnny am giggling at that image bet he had a red face how long did it take you to stop laughing

Checkpoint that's done going well done

Tortoise your have legs of steel all the cycling and nits are my dread I nuked then last tone with chemical as DD has very curly hair and mines long so could not face daily combing

Johnny shock

I always thought I had something magical about me....Poor DH <snigger>
Serves him right!!

ICBINEG Thu 10-Jan-13 18:46:40

Whoa! nice voodoo youcan

I am feeling a lot better today - post talk and having a bit more head space to devote to emotion.

I also had a big talk with my sister today so that helped a lot.

<may have had an oh-fuck-it-all burger last night>

Icb

To be honest of you had several followed by wine perfectly understandable

Ok ladies I have exactly 8 months in fact less as we go to airport on the 9th September my goal was 10 but going to shift to between 9 and 9.7 so will need all help can get

Plan is bar my 4 days of IB April to stick to it strictly and workout 5 days a week so please please kick me

I need loose 35lb -42lb ideally

Schooldidi Thu 10-Jan-13 19:50:37

ICB I don't think anyone would blame you for as many burgers as you wanted to eat. I think with that sort of news I would probably eat my own bodyweight in chocolate (that's a MASSIVE amount of chocolate!). I hope you're doing ok.

I would offer to kick you regularly Human but I fear it would frowned upon wink. I'll just shout through the computer screen if that's ok with you. I hope you will do the same for me when I'm ready to call it quits and eat tons of chocolate and sweets. I've got 20 weeks til my friend's wedding so I'm aiming to stick to the WW plan completely and attempt to fit more exercise in. The exercise is going to have to wait a little while though as I have hundreds of reports to write at the minute (slight exageration, only 60 really).

Tortoise Well done on all the cycling. Are you following a particular plan for your diet or are you just trying to do it yourself? I'm finding that I do better when I'm properly following either WW or SW (they are roughly the same as each other) than when I do it on my own (because I cheat when I'm doing it myself).

Johnny your poor dh shock.

Tortoise Thu 10-Jan-13 20:13:14

didi I'm just doing my own thing and trying to remember to track it on mfp on my phone.

Today hasn't been too good. Been a bit snacky. Haven't had dinner yet. Waiting for Tesco delivery.

Ahahahahah!!!!! johnny that is so funny!!!!!!!!! grin poor DH!

Shit youcan didn't know you had those powers!!!!! Rethinks cancelling meeting youcan tomorrow?!?!? (wink )

Ps ich saw your thread, tried to stick up for you but then realised that I was 8 pages too late........

human I am still sniggering and will be for some time. Unfortunately he is the most laid back person on the planet and he calmly went out and bought new trousers at lunchtime. Didn't seem too mortified, but he did get annoyed with me laughing at him.

I am now thinking of 'sewing' his old trousers back together to see if it can happen again! I can't sew on a button so this wouldn't be too challenging! (youcan started reading the twits and I feel inspired!)

icb glad that today has been better.

schooldidi hope you had a good day, it must be so motivating knowing you'll get in a 12 for the wedding you're going to. I used to hate buying outfits for special occasions and now I'm thinner noones having any. Want some of my friends to get married just so I can buy a posh frock.

I booked some Pilates classes! Start next week. Need to buy exercise clothes (not as exciting as a wedding outfit but much cheaper)

Johnny I would just go with tshirt and leggings or maybe yoga pants rather than anything to expensive

Tortoise I have found key for me is in the planning I may even got a bit OCD about it

Had a sneaky weight check and it is defintley slowing weight loss no longer seeing the 4/5 lb losses any more but not like I can cut back any more and or add more excerscise . But I half expected it long as it goes down its ok

Didi Yiu can do it maybe hacd a look at the dress that you want to wear rather than a dress that your have to wear of don't loose the weight

ICB- I saw the thread too and saw I was bloody late to it otherwise I would have stuck up or you too angry That thread didn't no one any good - it was a very Them and Us attitude. Bastards some of them.

I think about the 'obesity epidemic' (pah!) quite a lot. I think people do not deserve this vitriol about their weight - that thread had such silly comment about people still being fat at a size 14 by today's standards.

I feel as though it could something that is happening as a species evolvement. We are programmed to eat when food is in good supply, to store fat etc That in conjunction with social constraints of money (crap food is cheaper) - we are destined to be fatter by the standards of 1950's. FGS - I hate when people say we are x amount of times bigger than in the 1970's. TIMES CHANGE.

It is perfectly acceptable to think that Mankind is growing taller and laying down fat supplies for a reason and that may be that something bad might happen and the species will die down or thin out again in a thousand years or so.

As long as a person is healthy and not suffering ill effects of their weight I do not see any problem with fat.

ICBINEG Fri 11-Jan-13 09:50:13

Ha! that was by no means the biggest shit storm thread of my week. At least some of it was a bit of an exageration anyway...although xmas eating showed me that even with only one eye on the ball let alone not thinking at all I will pile on the pounds again.

Tis really really crap.

ICBINEG Fri 11-Jan-13 10:12:20

Also I might have had another Miranda moment. Honestly I have been swimming twice since the boss meeting, foot hooking, backward swimming effort with no problems whatsoever (you know like a normal adult!). But I think last night was pay back.

Getting out the pool at the end I was well chuffed at having swum 500m (double my previous record) but was a bit wobbly and had pins and needles all up my forearms. I decided I would ask one of the lifeguards if that was normal (I have a heart condition and get a little paranoid sometimes). Having made this resolution I realise the only guy left on duty is a 6 foot tanned, toned, 20 something godlet in training. But I decide not to be intimidated by this and plough on, trying desperately not to appear tongue tied. He informs me that if I have been doing mainly breast stroke, it is totally normal as the muscles cramp up slightly and restrict blood flow. Trying not to swoon that this adonis is as smart as he is well chiselled, I head to the lockers.

And this is where it goes wrong.

See I hate the fecking lockers because they are on the typical crappy hard plastic strap with key system. And it's faffy to get the key in and out of the strap and faffy to take the strap on and off and I am only going to get my shampoo out. So buoyed up by having found the confidence to speak to hunky surfer-dude, I decide to get one up on the locker too. I decide that I can unlock it without bothering to take the strap off.

So I wrestle the key out from its slot in the strap and insert it in the lock and turn. This immediately causes problems as my arm has to rotate from comfortable horizontal to a rather uncomfortable hand down elbow in the air vertical orientation. It is also the moment I realise that I am wearing the strap on my left wrist and the lockers open left to right, so having opened the door I cannot actually reach around to get the shampoo out whatsoever. After a brief moment of consternation, I admit defeat and try and remove the key - which of course I cannot do. You have to turn the key to the locked position to release it and that tinkling noise I heard when I embarked on this action was my pound coin falling out of the lock into the catch tray. Not a problem except that from my current arm locked position I cannot reach the coin tray either.

So I am standing there (well I am bent over with my elbow in the air), my arm locked to the locker door and my mind utterly blank with rage that the locker has well and truly kicked my ass, when hunk of the century saunters up and smooth as you like says "let me help you with that" and very calmly undoes the fecking strap.

I am not sure that there is any way of talking your way out of this situation with dignity but I am certain it isn't to mutter "I knew that, I knew that...erm..but thanks anyway....stupid lockers" and then slink off.

What am I...like 6 years old?

Tortoise Fri 11-Jan-13 12:04:16

That made me laugh ICB grin . Well done on the swim.

I had a terrible dinner last night of home made chips cooked in deep fat fryer, topped with beans and cheese

Today I have the worst ever deadly stinky wind ever know to man, woman, child or animal shock grin blush

OMG ICB!! I am going to utter a phrase I have NEVER uttered before....
"swoon". That lifeguard is gorgeous, reasonably intelligent and helpful. Fuck your misdemeanor - you are going to have the DREAMS of your LIFE tonight.

Oh he sounds like just the right incentive to keep you swimming regularly.
Get a new costume with push up padding. See if youc an make him sweat....

I am well jel' grin

<sneaks in>

Afternoon!

I know I said a million years a couple of days ago I was back and then disappeared, but it's not my fault. Stoopid pills are making me forget everything atm.

I have just done a sneaky weigh 14st 3. I am actually happy with that considering it's past midday and I have eaten today grin It's not that far off 2 stones lost since I started grin

Plus, I bought some clothes with xmas money and I fit into a 14!!! Properly fit, not sucking in stomach and can barely breathe fit, properly fit!!

That being said, can someone fill me in on what I've missed? Pretty please. I hope everybody is doing well and are noticing results grin

Hey fuck ! Bloody hell, a 14! Brill, I am still in an 18 and I am 14.0 this morning, well done you!

ich AHHAAAAHAHA!!!! Actually laughing!!!! Have all sorts of hilarious images in my head! <breathe>!!!!!!!

Went to doc today (keep having palpitations, prob to do with thyroid but am sufficiently paranoid to get it looked at) and the nurse told me I was in danger of getting diabetes and that I needed to lose weight. I was temporarily shocked but quite refreshed actually that she told me! And she gave me a nice book to look at too, BHF advice book. So I told her all about our thread and she said it sounded brilliant. (which it is of course)! grin

So my resolve has strengthened again as my dad has diabetes and it isn't pretty.

Ha ha still laughing at the locker thinking it has kicked your arse and you muttering 'stupid locker' so funny!!!!

CCC- oh sad Did she weigh you then <nosey>?

Did you raise the issue or did she? Anything good in the books? I suppose it is good that you had someone tell you to your face but....very upsetting.

I went to the docs a couple of years ago with swollen knees/ ankle after running. He told me my weight was to blame and I was very shaken. I just nidded along in the room but when I left I felt very low. I think I weighed 14 stone then and I had lost a stone and a half and was feeling GOOD about myself. The thruth really bloody hurts sometimes.

Hope you are ok xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.