Work Out DVD's that erm...work

(7 Posts)
Cbell Thu 06-Dec-12 06:40:23

That's it really. The cold dark weather has set in and I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to get outside and go for a run.

I'd like to keep doing some exercise during the winter months so was thinking of trying out a work out DVD. Any recommendations?

I would say I am used to 'proper' exercise! I hate classes that don't push you hard enough (waste of time). I usually run about 25-30 miles a week so I'm wondering if there are any home exercise programmes used by really fitness freaks?

mrscrimbobash Thu 06-Dec-12 21:17:09

The Shred. There's a bazillion threads about it if you search on MN.

hermioneweasley Thu 06-Dec-12 21:18:29

Another vote for the wonder that is Jillian. If you are used to serious exercise though, shred might be a bit tame for you

chicaguapa Thu 06-Dec-12 21:22:29

Came on to say that no doubt there'll be a gazillion posters after me saying the same, but the 30-day Shred really does work! But if you're up for more than 20 mins a day, she does some 40-min workout DVDs too.

GingerLemonTea Thu 06-Dec-12 21:49:17

What is the shred? Cardio? Toning?
I have it, but it has been in the cellophane for a few years!

chicaguapa Fri 07-Dec-12 07:36:04

It's cardio, strength & abs, lots of combination work "working the little muscles in with the big ones". grin.

Try it if you've already got it and see what you think. A lot of people who are already fit say it's still hard work.

CabbageLooking Fri 07-Dec-12 07:40:49

Anything by Davina McCall - luffs her. They hurt like hell but are very effective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now