The Big Fat List and Days Of Diom (TM) Part X - The one with multiple pregnancies shook up with hen do's, Wedding and a sprinkle of stress!

(518 Posts)
ChocolatesSnowAngel Wed 05-Dec-12 07:19:32

Moving in over here girls, the old pad was a tad crowded!!!

ladyarwenevenstar Fri 21-Dec-12 23:24:54

dammit, sorry. SO tired last night after an extra shift covering the office at work... ended up asleep early, then awake at 12 with a stinking cold.

anyhow, the Wii said 2lb loss for me, so <yippee>, long may this magic continue!

is that you at target FHF?

SlimJimBra Sat 22-Dec-12 16:19:45

Woo hoo grin well done ria smile

Hey, I'm 1lb over target but am within target range.

Won't be after this week though, started on the wrong foot yesterday and it's went slowly downhill from there.

How's everyone else?

ladyarwenevenstar Sun 23-Dec-12 01:26:04

yay FHF that would be near enough for me!

Am beyond knackered tonight,so much so that I can't face bed yet (plus no supper and only 1 glass of wine and 1 cidershock). Been out all day - farmers market, last of prezzie shopping (plus a bonus clothes shop for DH and I with the last 2 years voucher from my mum!), visit to ILs, supermarket shop... <sigh> ALL presents wrapped and ready which is so unusual for me - I might get some sleep on xmas eve this year!!! (I have not bough the SW mag for under my tree, as I dont want thin-and-bitchy guests to see me open it. Will buy for my "surviving xmas" treat next Tesco shopwink)

of couse, I have still got baking, cleaning/tidying, and laundry to do, and DH has the food to sort (DM is getting edgey cos she's not in charge this year!), and we are probably out tomorrow, and DH has a temping shift on xmas eve (never turn down work here!)

survived the ILs, though FIL was moaning about having won £5k on the lottery! He was more concerned that if he'd had another number it would have been considerably more. I would have been more than thankful for £500, let alone any more. People huh?!

hope all is well with you guyssmile.

Huffpot Mon 24-Dec-12 21:32:11

Merry Christmas all

SlimJimBra Mon 24-Dec-12 22:19:05

Merry Christmas Huff and everyone else smile

ChocolatesSnowAngel Tue 25-Dec-12 10:20:14

Merry Christmas Doomers, have a wonderful day smile

Hope one and all had a fab Christmas!!!

I'm waiting my mum and dad (strained relationship) for boxing day dinner. Asked here out of a sense of duty.

I will drink til it's ok.

Oh one more question, "what's slimming world?"

grin

SlimJimBra Wed 26-Dec-12 14:09:03

LOL FHF grin it's been a bit like that here too! Though I have made a Mexican version of the chickpea dhal loaf to take to a bring and share this evening so there will be at least one free food there for me ( and salad)

Huffpot Thu 27-Dec-12 12:36:07

A mexican version sounds good.

I have all the stuff to make the basic stuff.
Just waiting till my stomach settles enough for normal food.

I forgot how awful the nausea can be in pregnancy not to mention the chucking.

Still weighed in today and was pleasantly shocked shock

ladyarwenevenstar Thu 27-Dec-12 15:36:47

hi all. a belated merry christmas to you all. hope you have all had a lovely time.

DH triumphed with the traditional lunch on the 25th (it pays to get a professional in wink), then I cooked (!) yesterday evening - Nigella's slow roast pork and gratin potatoes, and pavlova.

sadly, 3 of our guests have really hideous manners (and 1 arrived for lunch pissed), and my parents have stinking colds and are worried about uncle (who is not doing well now he is home), so it wasn't as good a christmas as it could have been, but the boys have had a great time and all presents well received.

I failed to WI this morning as I was back to bed with ibuprofen for my sore back.

am now home alone for a week or so with the boys as DH got offered a weeks work away this morningsad, there is so much food left, but we'll managewink. I may crack open the new SW mag with a glass of wine this eveningwink DH is rivalling santa in the fatso stakes, so we should be back with a vengeance when he gets home (after a cosy takeaway or two the first couple of days that is).

ladyarwenevenstar Thu 27-Dec-12 15:38:17

can you post that recipe please slim when you have timesmile

SlimJimBra Thu 27-Dec-12 18:14:32

The Mexican version is using Mexican savoury rice instead of curry flavour and using kidney beans (or mixed beans) in tomato sauce instead of the chickpea dhal. Oh, and substitute any curry powder you add with chilli powder. Otherwise it's the same recipe.
Off to WI now, will report in later. Are we doing a list tonight? Seeing as at least a couple of us will have WI i think we should.

kid Fri 28-Dec-12 10:15:19

its friday today isn't it! there was ne convinced it was Thursday grin
well, no need for me to be added to any list, I've sts. I'm not disappointed as I stuffed my face for two days. I then felt really ill for 2 days and hardly ate anything. I think I'm back to feeling normal today, time will tell.

hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are looking forward to the New year. I wonder what most of our resolutions will be?

ladyarwenevenstar Fri 28-Dec-12 10:46:31

morning, I'm shattered today - both boys in with me all night and DS3 couging like a sea lion! DH hasn't done much working away where he's lived-in while DS3 has been around, so DS3 is finding it hard (I think he is worried he's left us) sad

I know other DH's are away all the time, for a lot longer too, so I need to get a grip (!) it's just a long time since we've done this (and he was gone within an hour of the phonecall yeserday)

wish we could get out of the house, but it's so grey, damp and miserable.

ChocolatesSnowAngel Sat 29-Dec-12 15:32:26

Afternoon ladies hope you all had a fabulous Christmas smile

taking the first step to getting back on track...have bought batteries for the scales. ok they are still in the packet, but hey it's a step in the right direction!

there is still too much pate with cranberries and chocolate and mince pies and Baileys to even contemplate sticking to the plan, however, I shall weigh myself on Thursday AND I shall share the result with you guys.....it's gonna be really bad isn't it! sad

then that may shock me into sticking to it which I hope to do for 2 weeks before showing my -- shamed-- face at class again grin

ChocolatesSnowAngel Sat 29-Dec-12 15:33:05

strike out fail sad

SlimJimBra Sat 29-Dec-12 16:44:58

Ria - I find it harder when DH is away for a few days/ a week as there is no routine. When he's away for months I can get into my own routine, when it's only days I tend to 'hold the fort' until he's back.
I was super good before Xmas, enjoyed Xmas day then back on plan boxing day...and lost 1.5lb grin It's all gone to pot today though as we're at my parents for second Xmas and I've eaten approximately 300 chocolates!

ladyarwenevenstar Sun 30-Dec-12 10:07:57

I think I would be coping better if we'd planned ahead, if the kids were at school, and if I knew when he was likely to be back, and if I knew if he was going backhmm, I think the longest he's been away with work without coming back was about 5 weeks, when DS2 was a baby. I will think of the money! He should be home on Wednesday, and conveniently there's a new Midsomer Murders on, so we will be able to enjoy that together, maybe with a sneaky bottle or two and an even sneakier takeaway!

Have had a look at the calendar, and if I WI on Thursday for the list, and have a carefully planned week with minimals syns, then celebrating DS2's birthday shouldn't do too much damage (especially if I can convince him to have chinese instead of pizza takeaway), it's just a shame it's the day before the next WI.

Hi all, I did WI and it wasn't pretty - but I'm back on plan now, going ok and trying not to go near the scales as it doesn't seem to be moving as quickly as I'd expected it to.

Today I have to leaflet drop for my group - its promotion time once again! Yesterday I postered the village my group is in. I hate postering sad

Trying to think of the body magic, but it's wet and windy and I have to take the kids with me.

Dh and I are barely speaking, and it's making us both miserable.

ladyarwenevenstar Sun 30-Dec-12 22:03:00

sad FHF have a hug x

our consultant was leafleting our village today when we went to buy wine for a healthy walk. she hasn't made it to our house yet (but thats good cos I don't like her and am faithful only to our own FHF)

poor DS3 is coughing worse than ever tonigh but no point going to docs as its not on his chest. thankfully.

kid Sun 30-Dec-12 22:48:53

When DD had a rotten cough, I tried the vicks on the feet trick to see if it worked. I don't think it made any difference but figured there was no harm in trying.
My Dr recommends getting DC to drink warm dilute fruit juice for a cough. It seems to help and they enjoy it so a win win situation. Coughs are nasty, take ages to go away.

ladyarwenevenstar Sun 30-Dec-12 23:47:55

will try the warm fruit juice - did hot honey and lemon tonight and he wasn't impressed. I have been doing home-made bath salts with wintergreen, lavender, rosemary and camphor oils (can you tell I always wanted to be an aromatherapist?), which is fab for congestion (I mixed some for my dad and he sniffed the tub and ended up cured before he even got round to a bath!)

DH is home, looks knackered, but he is eating the croque monsieur quite happily unusual for DH and my cooking), and he apparenty the local place he was meant to be working tomorrow have no bookings, so he was probably right to take the risk and go away, and we will get to enjoy new year together for a change.

no sign of DS3 settling down <sigh>

Huffpot Mon 31-Dec-12 16:34:07

Happy new year everyone

I hate it when children are sick

I have an awful cold for weeks now plus conjunctivitis so am not particularly joyful since I can't take any drugs confused

kid Tue 01-Jan-13 17:33:36

Hows everyone doing? All ready to face the new year, new diet?

I have just planned 7 days of breakfasts, lunches and dinners for DH and I. It was a bit tricky to work around his 6am starts and lunches on the go but I think it will work okay.

I just need to actually go shopping now so I have everything we need. I don't know if I'm looking forward to the week ahead or if it will all go pear shaped by the weekend. DH said he'd help me plan the meals, but all he has done so far is huff and puff whenever I interupt the stupid football game thats on tv. Oh well, he will just have to eat whats put in front of him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now