The Big Fat List and Days Of Diom (TM) Part X - The one with multiple pregnancies shook up with hen do's, Wedding and a sprinkle of stress!

(518 Posts)
ChocolatesSnowAngel Wed 05-Dec-12 07:19:32

Moving in over here girls, the old pad was a tad crowded!!!

obrigada Wed 12-Dec-12 10:10:43

Morning, been almost 3 weeks since I joined SW online but still haven't managed to get started, can I ask do you all meal plan?

ladyarwenevenstar Wed 12-Dec-12 13:50:38

hi obrigada, I think planning is the way forward. I am a bit hit and miss though (with meal planning generally, so I'll speak from that experience rather than pretending I am currently dedicated toSWblush) so I find it's handy to plan and be prepared for a choice of 3 or 4 meals, and then I can go with what I fancy/can be bothered to make at the time.

kid Wed 12-Dec-12 15:14:33

Planning is definitely the best way to help you stick to plan. Whenever I do plan, I tend to lose at least 2lb that week. Unfortunately, its easier to say I'll plan than it is to actually plan!

Huffpot Wed 12-Dec-12 16:32:15

planning really helps me with SW (works out better financially too!)
I've got bloody all day sickness at moment though and carbs are pretty much the only things that don't make me feel worse!

Back on track when it eases!

Hi all, I had another good day so far, a few syns but I'm allowing a few a day rather than restricting myself!

I tend to not exactly plan, but know what's in the house and what dh we're making oytvofvit.

We had lunch out today, I'd roast beef, baby boils, veg all with no butter and gravy on side. Have to say it didnt compare to dh's Sunday roast. I love that man smile

SlimJimBra Wed 12-Dec-12 17:42:35

Obrigada - I definitely planning is the key, I usually plan a weeks meals with dh and we do the shopping list at the same time so I'm only buying what I need for the meals I've planned. That way there's no 'cheat' food available! Occasionally we'll say sod it and have a takeaway or something but usually if we don't fancy what's on the menu for one reason or another then we just swap it with something planned for later in the week.
Maybe we should all share one favourite recipe on here to get you started? One of my regular easy meals is an oven baked risotto, I'll post the recipe in a bit for you smile

kid Wed 12-Dec-12 18:23:30

I have had another good day today, its becoming a bit of a habit, for now anyway.

One of my favourite dishes which is quick, easy and tasty is fried leeks, onion, garlic and frozen peas. Cook some pasta in vegetable stock. Reserve some of the stock (4 fl oz) and mix that with 4oz of Philadelphia (synned or HEa). Mix all together and season with black pepper. It's nice hot or cold.

SlimJimBra Wed 12-Dec-12 19:33:05

oven baked risotto

200g cherry tomatoes, halved
200g lean bacon, fat removed and cut into pieces (I prefer to use thick cut bacon)
1 onion, chopped
2 corguettes, chopped
300g risotto rice
700ml stock, boiling hot

stick the whole lot in a casserole dish, with the lid on, and cook at 200c for 1 hr

ladyarwenevenstar Wed 12-Dec-12 19:43:49

root veg and a can of chick peas, roasted with a little harissa paste, served wih rice/cous cous is one of my current favourites.
If you have the last magazine, the spicy bean burgers are nice.

Do you red/green or EE obrigada?

SlimJimBra Wed 12-Dec-12 19:43:55

ps are we DoDing tomorrow instead of tonight? I'm happy to smile

ladyarwenevenstar Wed 12-Dec-12 20:00:09

some recipe/motivational blogs -

here

here

and here

here is our very own shiny DoD recipe thread

and HERE is our very own bees' motivational first post on last years pre-xmas thread -

"grinningbee Mon 19-Dec-11 09:12:50
So, here we have our nice new little thread. No food type is banned from being mentioned. It is Xmas afterall . So pull up a comfy chair, I've put a good film on the telly for you, put some logs on the fire and laid out some snacks. We have stollen, mince pies, chocs, shortbread, smelly cheese and crackers, wine and baileys.

Feel free to add anything else!

This thread will self destruct later in the new year, so don't worry about confessing to eating naughty nibbles, or putting on the odd pound (or 8).

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"

ladyarwenevenstar Wed 12-Dec-12 20:01:21

tomorow I think slim. thanks for that recipe,I've always fancied trying baked risotto.

kid Wed 12-Dec-12 20:41:38

I've never been able to find risotto rice in the supermarkets. I bet I'm just being blind!

SlimJimBra Wed 12-Dec-12 20:52:23

its called arborio rice kid

kid Wed 12-Dec-12 21:58:06

Thanks, I'll have a look next time I go. I knew it must be there somewhere!

SlimJimBra Thu 13-Dec-12 06:36:15

Ive always found it with the normal rice too btw. Now pudding rice is another matter - I can never find that!
Who's doing the list today? I don't mind doing it if you like, or if anyone else has a burning desire to do it speak up grin

kid Thu 13-Dec-12 06:56:21

I can always get pudding rice, infact I have some in the cupboard.
I've wi already this morning. I will say that i deserved a gain after the weekend I had.

ChocolatesSnowAngel Thu 13-Dec-12 16:41:18

Ah Ria that was lovely from Bee, it would be great to see her back on the boards.

I don't think I should confess to all the delicious food that i have been gorging on as to see it in writing may have me curled up and rocking in the corner for some time! grin

Thanks for all your birthday wishes and good luck everyone for the DOD!!!

ps.Obrigada, use the SW online diary it really does keep you in line <clearly not me at the moment, but when i started out it was fantastic>

kid Thu 13-Dec-12 19:22:08

I don't know if my meal plans are ok or if I should be eating more, what do you think of today's food? I don't feel starving during the day but I find I really enjoy my dinner as i don't feel like I've had a proper lunch. I'm not passing out or anything which has to be a good sign!

Red day
2 weetabix (b), milk (a), coffee
Chopped apple, banana, 2 satsumas, hifi bar (3syns)
Sweet chilli chicken, salad, small jacket potato (b), coleslaw (?syns)
Muller light yoghurt, hifi bar (3syns)
Water, diet Pepsi

I don't really have time for a proper lunch as I only have 15 minutes break to eat. It's not always like that but that's how it is for now.

ladyarwenevenstar Thu 13-Dec-12 21:48:01

who is list monitor?

SlimJimBra Thu 13-Dec-12 22:07:31

Pm me, I'll do it smile can wait to post first thing to give you time to pm me if that suits

SlimJimBra Thu 13-Dec-12 22:12:01

Kid that doesn't look like all that much to me, a normal work day for me is frequently:
Cereal and milk he A and B banana
Banana and hifi light
Salad, ham, yogurt, orange
Apple, hifi light
Dinner (usually free eg risotto or veg pasta with chicken or omelettes)
Couple of chocs or a small wine or some other treat if I'm not saving syns for later in the week

SlimJimBra Thu 13-Dec-12 22:13:41

I can't believe you go all day without snacks/ breaks. I am a little and often eater!

kid Thu 13-Dec-12 22:28:45

I should eat little and often as I have low blood pressure which has often resulted in me passing out. But, work needs cover, no-one else is available, blah, blah, blah.
I'm not overjoyed with the situation but its not forever. Frustrating thing is, it's not even appreciated so makes me wonder why I am even bothering.

I've got a proper lunch tomorrow made by my lovely dd (veg curry) and we usually have a takeaway on Friday night so I can have a night off cooking. Sometimes if I'm feeling really lazy, it ends up being a couple of takeaways in one week but I've been very good with cooking this week. I need to stick to sw over the weekend as I want the best possible weight loss that I can. I don't see the point of playing around with the same few pounds every other week.

SlimJimBra Thu 13-Dec-12 22:37:45

Ria and kid - got your pms. Will wait til Early tomorrow am in case anyone else wants to pm me their DoD <whip crack>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now