The Big Fat List and Days Of Diom (TM) Part X - The one with multiple pregnancies shook up with hen do's, Wedding and a sprinkle of stress!

(518 Posts)
ChocolatesSnowAngel Wed 05-Dec-12 07:19:32

Moving in over here girls, the old pad was a tad crowded!!!

Huffpot Wed 10-Apr-13 17:03:28

Will give that a go Fair

I hate tax bills. DP is self employed and we had to pay them about £5000!!!

Lady lovely to see you...how are you?

Well it may be a small achievement but its WI today and I have stayed on plan even having a salad for lunch at McDonalds. I will probably have a naughty dinner but Wednesdays before I was a bit lah-di-dah about it all grin

How'd weigh in go huff?

I'd a £2,500 tax bill last month sad paid it, but this letter relates to when we were getting tax credits, we're no longer entitled to it so they can't take it back little by little. They want us to contact them for repayment.

Sickens me.

I'd another good day: started with scanbran etc, lunch was potato and leek soup, Superfree fruits throughout day & sw chips, low syn sausages, beans & egg for dinner.

Huffpot Wed 10-Apr-13 20:45:20

And its ALWAYS a different matter when they owe you isn't it?

3lbs off yippee...I'm kinda disappointed though as I wanted more , being first week back on plan and being 100%, but periods wouldn't have helped that. Still its going down!

That's 3lb less than you weighed last week!! Well done, brill for you all your good work paid off!!

I feel like I've been cheating on this thread cos I was lurking on the other sw thread!!

Huffpot Wed 10-Apr-13 22:52:06

Exactly!

Lol I've been lurking there too!

Huffpot Thu 11-Apr-13 07:48:14

Taking on the 777 challenge this week. 7 days, 7 syns per day and 7 speed foods a day...anyone want to join in?
Our consultant went through it last night and is meant to boost weight loss...worth a shot!
(despite the other thread this still feels more like home grin )

Hi Huff <I posted>

Yes I tried the 777 a few months ago, it definitely helped my weight loss! I'm giving the scanbran a go this week, though I've not a lot left so may have to contact a consultant who lives nearby & buy some off her!

ChocolateBridesmaid Fri 12-Apr-13 07:53:07

Can I start the 777 from Monday, I need to shop and get it all in, plus I need to read my book again as the only speed foods I can remember are strawberries and Turkey.

My week started so well, won appeal in work for job grade and was upgraded with back pay from October, then same day found out there are going to be works going on at my hotel in July, it was a dream holiday and now looks like it will have to be cancelled, OH being a shit about it, and on top of that I feel really fat.

Sorry for moaning...as you were.

Huffpot Fri 12-Apr-13 15:52:11

If you have probs getting the scan bran Fair I can grab you some in group?

Great about the appeal Choc and crap about the holiday, OH and feeling fat. Moan away!

I'm finding the syns the hardest part of the 777 and think I went over yesterday but today is a new day!
Even baked a lemon cake today with kids and didn't eat any
B: Porridge with apple cinnamon and sweetner. coffee
L: Salad and left over mushroom and ham rissotto. coffee
D: Stirfry with chicken - sauce will be soy sauce and oyster. sauce. WW dessert yoghurt and maybe some sugar free jelly
Syns:tbsp light salad cream(2), options x 2 (4) and 2 sugar free marshmallows in options (1)

ChocolateBridesmaid Fri 12-Apr-13 16:01:38

Huff if you get the 70% ff salad cream you can save yourself a syn, plus it's nice

Oh choc, mixed week for you sweetie xx here's to a better one. My other half is quite often grumpy, I block it out by buying shoes ignoring him smile

Another good day gone!

Huff thanks for the offer! I do attend group & can get scanbran there, but I just dont have enough until Thursday, but my friend who lives nearby has sorted it for me smile you're lovely to offer though xx

Huffpot Sat 13-Apr-13 20:00:41

I shall look for it choc

No bother at all fair...I forgot you were going to a group - Im very ditzy lately.

fair with the 777 does it matter how much speed food it is - ie is 4 strawberries enough to count or does it have to be a certain portion?

I've always just thought a reasonable amount would count. EG: one apple is speed, a chicken fillet is a speed food, a handful of berres/strawberries... yes, that's what I'd say. TBH we never were given guidelines - the book says any food with an S or SS beside it!

I've made the lovely Chicken Kung Pao out of the Asia cook book, beautuiful and filling and so spicy & tasty!

DS opened an Easter egg and although I tasted it, I didn't enjoy it so had a bowl of fruit instead smile

Now to make it through the rest of the night when DH is on the beer & will be bringing out the Tayto soon!

Huffpot Sun 14-Apr-13 17:06:20

Thanks fair...thats very logical!

I hope you survived the taytos...taytos are far too delicious!

That chicken dish sounds gorgeous

We've had our nicest day yet and have done 3 loads of washing(and got it dry!!) plus never ending washing up and cleaning.

B:Porridge with cinnamon,apple and sweetener. Coffee.
L: Pasta with courgette, carrot and a home made tomato sauce
D: No idea yet!
Speed: Apple x 2, courgette, carrot, tomato, onion
Syns: Some cheese on my pasta, an Options

I survived the tayto cos I went to bed smile

However, toddy hasn't been good sad

I had a big Tesco cookie, a bag of chipstix crisps and an just sitting here craving badness!!

No idea what's for dinner here either! Have cooked a chicken but apparently no-one fancies that!!!!

(dh & ds are doing a man thing in eBay, ordering Xbox stuff and headphones etc.. Huh, he has his daddy wound round his wee finger)

Huffpot Sun 14-Apr-13 18:58:44

Bed was a very good avoidance strategy!

We all have bad days sad

I hate when I cook and no-one feels like it! angry

We have just decided on a chicken stirfry.
The babbies are in bed so back to the kitchen I go!

ChocolateBridesmaid Mon 15-Apr-13 09:10:09

Morning Ladies, I did my shopping Saturday in prep for today

B - scrambled egg made with Ff cottage cheese, ff yogurt, half grapefruit and some strawbs

L - pitta with ham, peppers, spring onion and 70% ff salad cream 1 syn follwed by ff yog with more strawbs chopped up inside yog

D - turkey breast cooked on George then added to sauce of passata, tomato puree, red onions and red peppers, served with mangetout and jacket potato (1 syn)

Grapes for snacks.

Totally focused this time round, git 2 weeks till 3 day trip to London so want to lose before I go or the damage will be awful

ChocolateBridesmaid Mon 15-Apr-13 09:14:10

Do I have to have 7 syns? Can it be less?

Hope all your weekends were good smile

Huffpot Tue 16-Apr-13 07:27:37

I presume it can be less but not 100%

Hope everyone is well smile

ChocolateBridesmaid Tue 16-Apr-13 08:52:34

I turned down a huge homemade cookie yesterday... So proud.

Morning all

Got a very long day in work today, which means I am likely to pick at crap. Have brought some pink n whites in to heat up, are they 2.5 syns? If so I can have 2, one is never enough!

It feels good to finally be focused again.

Huffpot Tue 16-Apr-13 09:42:59

Well done choc - its funny how empowering saying no is.

I looked on the app and they are 2.5 syns each.

Forgive me for being foreign but what are they?

I feel so much happier being in control of my eating
I'm hoping this is the time I will finally lose the weight!grin

ChocolateBridesmaid Tue 16-Apr-13 12:28:23

they are wafers (top and bottom) filled with pink and white mallow which are quite carboard ee when eaten straight from the packet, BUT...placed in the microwave for 20 seconds and they turn into gooey gorgeousness hmmmmm cant wait for later now.

Huge test coming up. I am off out to Home Bargains, now bearing in mind every time i go there i buy a mountain of chocolate this is a huge test of willpower to ensure i dont. They have Bubble Bars 5 for £1 sad I think I will have to walk round with eyes closed until i get to the homeware section

ChocolateBridesmaid Tue 16-Apr-13 12:31:28

Huff keep it up being in control is fabulous, you have shifted 3lbs up thread, just keep doing what you are doing because its working. I would like a 3lb loss this week but as i only got back on the horse yesterday i think thats asking a bit much for Thursday!!!

Huffpot Tue 16-Apr-13 16:37:20

Mmmm they sound good...I must get some to try. I lurve marshmallowsgrin

We don't have a home bargains here so I am safe from that temptation! (good price though!)

I need to plan my dinner tomorrow night for after WI. Last week I reverted to old habits and got chicken and chips with DPblush and have felt bad about it all week! Thats never happened before.

Onwards and downwards

Hope you survived work ok choc

ladyarwenevenstar Tue 16-Apr-13 18:51:33

Hi again. Lurking but not keeping up. You three seem to have a good focus and a nice thread going on. How are you all? Any news from kid and bee?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now