Healthy festive foods: do they exist?

(6 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Tue 04-Dec-12 18:47:03

Following on from a previous thread; how do I not gain wieght over Christmas. I love my food; especially festive food but how do I do it? Any festive but non too fattening treats? My idea is cold meats and pickles with cheese; high protein/low carb.

Try not to eat too much of it would be my suggestion. Also, have a good, filling breakfast each day (maybe poached eggs and bacon) so that you're not tempted to snack too much. And also take some extra exercise to counteract any indulgence (although burning 100 cals takes a lot more walking than you might think!).

Nuts and seeds are good sources of protein, but you can eat a lot in one go.

superstarheartbreaker Tue 04-Dec-12 19:15:35

Am having eggs for breakfast and things like rasberries and yoghurt with maple syrup...that takes the appetite away.

GordonIsAMor0n Tue 04-Dec-12 19:21:14

Yes.

They're called 'clementines'

grin

ppeatfruit Wed 05-Dec-12 13:54:53

If you think about it most of a turkey dinner is healthy just don't eat go easy on the carbs and you should be alright. It's the trimmings the chocs. mince pies, cakes, booze etc. and the temptation to eat ALL the time which is not brilliant.

I usually say 'oh fxxx it' for 2 or 3 days and start on my healthy regime again immediately afterwards (I take echinacea and nettle supplements to help me detoxify) grin The Paul Mckenna diet that i'm on is brilliant for xmas 'cos you can eat little and often on it.

Ephiny Wed 05-Dec-12 13:57:47

I tend to think Christmas cake, mince pies etc are healthy because of all the fruit smile

Seriously though there's no point IMO worrying too much about healthy/unhealthy foods. Just don't overeat on anything -- stop when you start to feel full, before you get uncomfortably stuffed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now