no more Skinny Fat we're getting toned!!!!

(110 Posts)
gracelesslady Sun 02-Dec-12 11:10:34

How about a lovely new thread where we can pat each other's backs and applaud the virtue of all the exercise we're going to do to get rid of the skinny fat, and just be stronger and fitter?

What are you going to do? I'm not a massive fan of Jillian, so I'm doing different Tracy Anderson DVDs. I just did the post pregnancy one and may need some the therapy it was so hard ;)

proseccoco Fri 30-May-14 08:17:25

Bad form, I know, but this old thread is perfect for me.

I'm 5'10 and a size 10-12 with a bmi of 19.5. I don't want to lose much more weight, but I have a pregnant-looking tummy and flabby upper arms. I'm going to try and do Body Balance, Body Pump and one run each week - am usually v exercise-averse so this will be a right miracle.
Right, will RTFT and hopefully get some tips.

rubydoobydoo Sat 09-Feb-13 15:40:06

I'm still here too! smile

I'm not fitting ALL of my training programme into a week as it's 3 days a week, but I'm letting myself off cos I go running some nights too! Just started week 3, and my arms are definitely looking more toned, and I can sort of see my abs slightly so long as I'm lying down and stretched out a bit!

I just had my best workout yet at the gym - I have no idea where my energy came from. I got there early for the cicuit class so did 20 mins on the treadmill (with some hill sprints too!) - did the circuit class which didn't hurt as much as normal so what I'm doing must be working - then did the strength training bit of my progamme afterwards. I have a feeling I'm going to hurt everywhere tomorrow!

Well done gracelesslady and kaumana - I can't do workout DVDs as our house is too small - I tried Insanity last year and kept knocking the lightshade off and falling over the sofa! grin

gracelesslady Tue 05-Feb-13 00:49:12

Hi kaumana!! Snow's a reasonable excuse I think!

Third day of level 1 done. I love Jillian. She's awesome grin

kaumana Mon 04-Feb-13 21:36:10

I'm here! [ waves at Graceless]. I have the shred not done it in ages though but remember my knees hurting.

On that note did a cardio tennis class on Friday and my knees and calves are still hurting!

I have got definite tone in my arms now, still got some work to do on the bum and tum. Was due to do a class tonight but a snowstorm hit so have ended up watching tv while gazing at the yoga mat. {newly bought} feeling guilty .

gracelesslady Sun 03-Feb-13 10:04:20

Hello???? Anybody there?? Hope you're all to busy exchanging body fat for muscle to report back!

Started the 30 day shred yesterday. I love Tracy but it takes so fecking long to do her DVDs and then you still need to do cardio afterwards. Loving getting everything done and dusted in half an hour. Will see how the knees get on with it this time - did it about 18 months ago and having previously had no bother with them, the complained vigorously about it.

Felt ok, hard but ok, yesterday so maybe I'm just that bit stronger and more capable this time.

rubydoobydoo Sat 26-Jan-13 12:52:18

I'm awake enough and booked onto the 2pm circuit class this week! smile

I've also done the first week of my programme - on the last day it involved 20mins on a thing that looked likean escalator going backwards, I did 100 flights of stairs on it! It looks so easy when other people are on it - it's NOT! I even did the spinning bike part. I HATE spinning.

Good going kaumana - DP says I feel firmer to touch now so my programme must be working! My clothes feel looser too. I think I need some more gym clothes, I just either wear my running stuff or throw jogging bottoms and a t-shirt on at the moment.

kaumana Thu 24-Jan-13 22:08:19

Hello all!

So far this week I've done Zumba, Body Pump and Body Balance and have booked in for a training programme on Monday for the gym, god help me..

I have noticed a definite change in my shape, so am motivated to keep going + purchases in the sales of gym gear make me feel better.

Well done Ruby!

Stick with it ladies

rubydoobydoo Sat 19-Jan-13 19:48:56

I've been to the later circuit class today (I was too hungover tired for the 2pm one but there was a free slot on the 5pm one so I booked that instead.)

It was with a different trainer and I don't think he was as good as the one who does the earlier class so I need to behave and have an early night next Friday! grin

As an added bonus the gym was very quiet at that time, so after the class I thought I'd have a go on the machines - and I've now worked out all the ones I need for the training plan my PT did for me! I also did day one of the programme - only without the treadmill as I'm going for a run tomorrow if the pavements aren't too icy. If they are, I can always go back to the gym and use the treadmill - I just find it a bit boring running on the spot.

Well done everyone!

kaumana Fri 18-Jan-13 22:24:37

Well done, Graceless, I'm having a glass ( bottle) of wine post planking grin

gracelesslady Fri 18-Jan-13 21:52:30

Tracy Anderson post pregnancy abs arms and bum - done! (Having a beer now. Ssshhhh.... don't tell Tracy...)

gracelesslady Thu 17-Jan-13 20:07:49

Yay!

kaumana Thu 17-Jan-13 19:29:42

Body Balance done!

gracelesslady Thu 17-Jan-13 18:16:49

Mat workout done!! grin

gracelesslady Wed 16-Jan-13 23:18:57

Welcome aboard choceyes! And hurray for the toning kaumana xx

I have done sod all exercise today, but my arms are still sore from
yesterday so presumably my muscles are doing something even when I'm not!

kaumana Wed 16-Jan-13 23:12:54

I'm back! Have been sadly lacking in effort over the hols but now I have my new gear I've been motivated.

Started back at the gym last week, combo of weight and cardio training and have been in a world of pain, serves me right for doing nothing.

Going to try and do more body pump to tone up arms, core etc and I'm pondering pilates but as I do body balance, should I bother hmm

Have noticed a bit of toning happening especially round my tum, yay! so keep witb it ladies.

choceyes Wed 16-Jan-13 10:10:40

Can I join in too?

I'm a size 8, 5'2 and 7st 7lbs. My arms and legs are fine, it's just my middle I have to work at. I've had two pregnancies and 2 c-sections close together so my abs are shot! My body fat is 27.1% as measured by a home machine, so I doubt it is very accurate. Although it made sense for DH, 16% body fat, which is normal for a very fit bloke which is what my DH is (road cycles 1.5hrs a day and plays squash a couple of times a week too).

I'm doing Zumba 3 times a week as I really enjoy it. I'm going to do some MuTu ab excercises to help reduce the mummy tummy. And do the Shred maybe 3 days a week. A big challange, but I am sick of the fat around my middle, and it's not healthy either. I look 5 months pregnant especially by the end of the day.

I'm also cutting down on sugar (just had a Shapers choc bar blush) and wheat do help get rid of tummy bload. I don't miss not eating wheat though, that's not the difficult bit. but I'm struggling with the sugar!

gracelesslady Tue 15-Jan-13 23:09:15

I did the arms bit of the mat workout. Every part of each arm was crying by the end. It is SO hard!!! Will be worth it though when the bingo wings disappear grin

gracelesslady Tue 15-Jan-13 14:06:15

Ruby, boxing sounds awesome. I could do with punching something today. Going to make do with swearing at Tracy Anderson later!

rubydoobydoo Tue 15-Jan-13 12:39:25

Hi
I have my last session with my trainer today - I can't afford any more sad

He's going to do me a plan to follow by myself though smile

He's had me doing a lot of boxing, which I really enjoy - so I've talked DP into letting me get a punch bag when we move! (It turns out he's wanted one for ages anyway but thought I'd say no hehe!) I've also been to a couple more circuit classes which are starting to hurt less so something must be going right. I daren't measure my fat again just yet (I was really cold last night so had to get some more Baileys to warm me up!)

I've still been running too, I did a very cold 6 miles on Sunday.

gracelesslady Mon 14-Jan-13 22:26:42

Hurray! (For the joining not the saddlebags though yours can keep mine company!)

Well done on the shredding. I did it 2 years ago and it's properly hardcore. So kudos to you xx

sweetkitty Mon 14-Jan-13 22:18:42

Hi can I join too? I've done 10 days of the Shred (second time doing it) but for various reasons haven't shredded in 3 days, will start again tomorrow.

I'm 5ft 4, about 8st 10lbs size 8, I carry all my excess weight on my bum and hips, saddlebags ahoy! No core or upper body strength, hate running, never really exercised before. I want to tone up and get fitter.

gracelesslady Mon 14-Jan-13 22:06:59

Hello!!! I had to really hunt to find this thread.

I've done some exercise. Not loads, and I did say some bad words. But I did it. Am proud.

How are you lot doing? Xx

kaumana Mon 31-Dec-12 18:56:53

Got new gym gear so am good to go in a few days.

IslaValargeone Sun 30-Dec-12 16:56:11

Oh ruby you are very dedicated.
I'm so shockingly unfit and weedy I'm quite intimidated at the thought of starting anything, but I am desperate to have less goosh on my lower half.
I will be taking some measurements to check my progress.

rubydoobydoo Sun 30-Dec-12 16:33:01

Hi Isla and welcome!

My trainer handed me a kettlebell today and I had to sort of lie down and twist from side to side with it. I had to do lunges with one in each hand at circuit class too. I think their sole purpose is to make exercises harder than they already are!

I finally had a good workout today - off for a run later too to get rid of the christmas pud! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now