Help don't want to be the 'big' sister

(4 Posts)
Lakota Fri 30-Nov-12 07:58:37

It's really not so bad, honest! Yesterday I had a couple of hot drinks to keep me going in the cold, then a big bowl of carrot and coriander soup for dinner, along with a slice of wholemeal bread and few cheesy breadstick things. Today I will eat normally so looking forward to a homemade curry and then later a glass of wine or two and some chocolate in front of Game of Thrones. Scales said 9st 7 this morning!

Littlebitwoo Thu 29-Nov-12 16:11:13

Thanks for the help Lakota I've heard of 5:2 but bit scared of the fasting days! Think ill give it a go anyway and see what happens.

Lakota Thu 29-Nov-12 13:19:34

Have you tried looking on the intermittent fasting threads? I don't know if you'd lose a stone before Christmas but it would certainly get you on track. I've lost 11lbs since I started it seriously about 3 months ago (am 5'6", weighed 10st 5 and am now 9st 8). I would like to get nearer 9 stone. I was within normal range when I started but definitely flabbier than I used to be and I'm very pleased with how it's going. I think ladies who have more to lose have seen quicker losses, but I'm happy with seeing a steady decline in the scales as I know I've not been starving myself and still enjoying the odd bit of wine and cake.

I fast on Mondays and Thursdays, saving my 500 calories for dinner (that way kids see me eating normally) and I also have a couple of coffees with milk and sweetener through the day in addition to my water. I eat normally the other days although have ditched sugary breakfast cereal (actually finding no breakfast and an earlier lunch is working better for me) and am being a little more mindful about portion sizes but not calorie counting.

Sorry I'm not much help on exercise as have yet to put this into practise aside from plenty of dancing round the house to my ipod as I do chores!

Littlebitwoo Thu 29-Nov-12 10:06:52

I'm 5'1 and currently weigh 10.3 I really want to lose a stone before Christmas is that possible? I really need some motivation and advice on what to do. I've though about couch to 5k as money tight and don't have access to gym, is there any apps I can download to help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now