Confused about weight & scales converting stones and lbs

(7 Posts)
Rollergirl1 Tue 27-Nov-12 11:36:45

My scales have the same 3 settings as you. I only ever weigh myself in stones and lbs. But my scales never give me the same weight more than once. If I were to go on and off them 3 times they would give me a different answer each time. Sometimes the difference between the highest weight and the lowest weight can be as much as 4lbs.

So I think comparing between stone and lbs and any of the other 2 settings would just give me a massive headache to be honest!

FelixCited Tue 27-Nov-12 10:20:19

Mine has 3 settings; kg, lbs and then stones & lbs.

Madhouse2012 Tue 27-Nov-12 10:11:54

No mine are either pounds or kilos , I've not seen scales that do pounds or stones?

FelixCited Tue 27-Nov-12 09:38:49

Hmm..thanks madhouse.. But even when i weigh just in stones then switch the scales off wait and then measure in lbs
there is a 2lb difference

Do your scales weigh you the same in lbs and then in the stones mode?

Madhouse2012 Tue 27-Nov-12 09:01:22

126lbs is exactly 9 stone, maybe flicking the switch momentarily upsets the balance?

FelixCited Tue 27-Nov-12 08:58:02
FelixCited Tue 27-Nov-12 08:57:07

I have been puzzling about this for months!
On my bathroom scales I measure in lbs as 126,
when I convert this stones online I get 9 stones http://www.occupationalhealth.co.uk/WeightConversion.htm

But when I flick the switch on my scales to measure in stones it says 9 stone 2lbs..

Why does it add 2 lbs on??
And when I quickly flick the switch back to lbs it then says 128 lbs.

This isn't a once off it always happens :-S
Can you help explain my mystery!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now