What do you think the weight of this woman is in both pictures?

(61 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 26-Nov-12 10:23:22

She is 5 foot 4 inches.

Pictures

goralka Mon 26-Nov-12 10:24:55

about 10 stone?

nappyaddict Mon 26-Nov-12 10:26:42

Which picture?

goralka Mon 26-Nov-12 10:29:13

oh right i see she is more exercised in the right hand pic.
I imagine that in the right hand pic she is slightly heavier.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 26-Nov-12 10:29:29

8.5 in the first one and 8 in the second?

She looks healthier in the second (hair, skin tone etc) - maybe the same weight as she appears to have a bit more muscle and a little bit less 'fat' (around her hips).

Is it you and why do you ask?

goralka Mon 26-Nov-12 10:29:57

10 stone in the right hand pic then.

Same as chipping

SorrelForbes Mon 26-Nov-12 10:33:35

About 8st, 7lb in both?

MirandaWest Mon 26-Nov-12 10:34:08

I'm 5 foot 4 and weigh about 9 stone and am less toned. Pretty sure she weighs less than I do. About 8 st 10 in first and 8 st 7 in second maybe?

digerd Mon 26-Nov-12 10:34:38

8.5 stone tops

Creamtea1 Mon 26-Nov-12 10:44:20

8.5 st in left hand pic and a few pounds more in right hand more muscly pic
She looks good in both!

dinkystinky Mon 26-Nov-12 10:45:52

Just below 9 stone I reckon (in both)?

nappyaddict Mon 26-Nov-12 11:33:51

I think most of you will be shocked that she is over 9 stone in both.

9 stone 5 on the left
10 stone 2 on the right

Just the inspiration and motivation I need to throw away the scales and get the camera and measuring tape out!

Mintyy Mon 26-Nov-12 11:42:40

That's really interesting. I would have guess around 8 stone 7 for both.

goralka Mon 26-Nov-12 11:50:17

I am not surprised, she looks 'well fit' and muscle is heavy. She has inspired me to take some excercise!

I would also have guessed heavier in the second. She looks skinny-fat in the first, not at all toned.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 26-Nov-12 12:11:50

Interesting.

Is she now left or right?

goralka Mon 26-Nov-12 12:25:05

we want to know her exercise regime...

Creamtea1 Mon 26-Nov-12 14:30:21

I'm sorry but how can you say she looks 'skinny fat' in the first!! She looks very slim in both, great in both. And wtf is skinny fat anyway? Apart from being the reason people say 'I just want to get 9 stone' and then when they get there it becomes 'maybe just 8 and a half' and then 8 and a half becomes 8 and becomes an eating disorder.

ISeeThreadPeople Mon 26-Nov-12 14:35:05

Scales tell you sod all really. They're a general measure.

I look pretty similar to the woman linked (right hand pic) and I weigh 8st 4lbs. I am very slightly shorter than her but reckon we probably wear the same clothes size despite the difference in weight. I have possibly more developed shoulders/arms than her and marginally slimmer legs but more defined quads. Not too different though tbh.

FellatioNelson Mon 26-Nov-12 14:40:41

I was going to guess at 8.5 and 8.0 as well.

What is surprising to me is that I am just under 5'3" and when I was 9.12 I looked TONS fatter than her. Like, tons! More than just 12 pounds or less, yet I'm only an inch and a bit shorter.

I think it's so much to do with proportion, shape, frame size, leg length, muscle tone, all that stuff.

A friend of mine recently tried some new dresses of mine on, which were all a size 12. She is not very slim but she is certainly slimmer than me. She went shock at me when she saw they were size 12s, thinking I must be a 14 at the very least, and a 16 on a bad day.

So imagine her utter despair, bewilderment and wounded indignation when she could not get my dresses done up across her back - and my boobs are bigger than hers!

She is just obviously has a much larger frame than me, and I have a small rib cage and waist. But even on the hips they were snug on her, and yet her hips give the impression of looking slimmer than mine.

Description of skinny fat on this blog

DameEnidsOrange Mon 26-Nov-12 14:45:29

Totally agree with Fellatio that weight is deceptive.

A friend weighs exactly the same as me, she is 6 inches shorter than me, at least. So you'd think she was way bigger than me but actually I cannot squeeze into her clothes 'snot fair

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 26-Nov-12 14:48:55

FN - you are a really lovely person, but please tell me that even you allowed yourself a tiny <snurk> at her indignation!! It is unfair that you look bigger than you are!

Even when I was much lighter/thinner/smaller (7.5 stone) I looked bigger than that, I think it's the shape of my face and having boobs (they were a nice c cup in those days <sigh>). Now I just look huge - I am overweight, but I look much bigger than people would think I would look if only told my height and weight.

Creamtea1 Mon 26-Nov-12 14:53:50

Still rather be skinny fat than fat fat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now