Week 9 - Little Black Dress Low Carb Bootcamp - not long to go now ...

(255 Posts)
BIWI Mon 26-Nov-12 08:09:54

Morning!

And what a truly horrible morning it is.

Here is the spreadsheet to confess all

Let's see what we can do in the next/last two weeks. A couple of strict weeks to finish Bootcamp and hopefully we can shift some serious pounds.

Doshusallie Mon 26-Nov-12 21:51:34

That pudding sounds nice piffle..... Must buy some stevia....

Piffle Mon 26-Nov-12 21:56:10

I bought mine raw ground from Funky Raw, I also get my coconut oil from there
Fast delivery and excellent products.
I won't use commercial sweeteners Ick

Marking place...

hurricanewyn Mon 26-Nov-12 22:16:32

Evening all,

Jan - sorry about your weekend, and your money sad
toomuch - glad to hear DS wasn't too poorly smile
Willie - you'll have to report back on bootcamp. I've always fancied the look of them, but am worried I'd make a fool of myself as I've no stamina.

Ended up with cauliflower rice with cream cheese & mushrooms with my fish & sauce tonight. DH, who is also low carbing, wouldn't eat it though - he's positively carb phobic now & was convined there were to many vegetables on his plate. He just picked out the fish & chorizo and left the rest.

MsRinky Mon 26-Nov-12 22:21:04

I know it isn't bootcamp, but I made some ice cream with a teeny bit of Splenda and lots of vanilla. But the awesome bit was home made ice magic: dark chocolate and coconut oil. It was like an actual miracle, I couldn't believe it worked.

Viperidae Mon 26-Nov-12 22:47:18

What did you do you with it MsRinky? Melt them together then pour over?

I made ice cream last week and it was very good indeed. Tried to make strawberry frozen yoghurt too but that was not quite so good.

MsRinky Mon 26-Nov-12 23:05:18

Yep, melt coconut oil then melt chocolate in. Ratio of 1 to 1.5. Sets instantly on contact. I made mine with fancy Valhrona, it was lovely.

NewStartSameStory Tue 27-Nov-12 00:53:14

I would love to say that I have a clue what you have written but having started the day at 4am and still have another hour or so of stuff to do before bed, I will have to come back and re-read through another time. i feel I shall be doing a good impression of a zombie tomo though.

Congrats to the losers.

Morning everyone! 2 pounds off for me taking me to 9 stone 3 and a half pounds, so only three and a half to go to my target! Can't remember the last time I was this light - years ago for sure. It's getting really hard to shift the last few pounds (don't think the wine helps) but I'm doing the shred at least 4 times a week and think that it's definitely helping smile

AuntieMaggie Tue 27-Nov-12 07:59:06

Morning all. Congrats on all your losses smile

Currently eating another rubbish breakfast in a hotel... had a crap day yesterday and went to a chinese buffet restaurant last night BUT I didn't eat a single prawn cracker, noodle, piece of rice or anything like it! grin I did have the most amazing steamed fish thing which was really light, lots of shell on king prawns, mussels, shredded lamb (no pancakes) a few bits of meat and lots of veg and mushrooms. It was lovely and if anyone is in Doncaster I recommend it!

Morning all, just marking place on new thread. Will have a proper catch up later. Are we all aiming for a target of 9st?! grin. Although I had a comment last week about not losing too much more. It was worded in a way that meant as you age choose your 'face or backside' ......... and not from my dear old mum either! Said to me by a lovely person who I haven't seen for a while. Left me feeling sad angry hmm and confused.

hurricanewyn Tue 27-Nov-12 08:29:51

Morning all,

Clare - you'll have to change your username once you get to target smile
Auntie - that dinner sounds lovely

I've weighed this morning & .5kg off so hopefully I'll be able to shift last week's gain without it derailing me too much.

Plan for today:
B - scrambled eggs
L- not sure. Having a meeting during my lunch break, so I don't know if I have time to eat
D - Bolognaise with courgette ribbons

Hope everyone has a good day.

Well done to all losers too - forgot To say yesterday. And Ewan - you didn't sound smug at all. smile. I'd much rather hear someone had done the same as me & lost it all quickly, than it had taken aaaagggggeeesss to come back off.

hurricanewyn Tue 27-Nov-12 08:35:06

Singing - could it be jealousy?

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Tue 27-Nov-12 08:42:28

Morning all, congrats to the losers.
Mrs Rinky envy at your social calendar !! I have the grand total of, er, one night out so far booked in Dec!
halfthesize you will be just like your username soon, well done!!

I am 1lb up, which considering the week of Up to No Good last week, is really not as bad as I was expecting!! The blip is past, I am back on plan!

Yesterday
B Lidl Greek yoghurt
L 2 boiled eggs mashed with butter and pepper
D roast chicken with veg

Drank more water yesterday than I have been, it's def having an effect!!

Hurracaine, no unfortunately not! She is a gorgeous slim doctor, at least 10 years younger than me and the comment was not malicious in any way just a sort of practised eye statement. We then went on to have a lovely catch up, said a cheery bye and all was well. Except that comment keeps coming back to haunt me.

Anyway. B: Bacon x3, half a Tom, mushrooms and fried egg. Coffee with cream, Berroca in pint of water. I love this woe and the way it makes me feel too much to mess with it. smile

NotAgainAndAgain Tue 27-Nov-12 09:07:30

I think my scale is on strike.
My DD was coughing all night - so first thing I did after getting off bed - went to check on her. Then straight on the scale.
not happy - gained what I lost the previous week, hung my head and huffed off. And then remembered that oh I have not unload yesterdays food yet. Did "a big business", hopped on the scale again with hope - and no changes.
How that can be I have no idea. I still have not had a drink or anything passed my lips.
I blame my scales. Definitely on strike. They are not digital though, may
be not detecting minuscule offload (though it was not, forgive my graphic details).

PorkyScratching Tue 27-Nov-12 09:15:08

Can this WOE affect your periods? I haventhad one in 12 years (due to my contracptives) but I have bloating, cramps and heavy spotting today shock Dont know if its the low carbing or something else affecting it.

NotAgainAndAgain Tue 27-Nov-12 09:17:20

BIWI the first anniversary of being an great auntie - celebrated last night?wink

Porky, I had gone over 12 months and was thinking this is the menopause. Now I am back to having periods. That is the downside of this woe! Think it efficiently sorts out hormone levels.

Notagain, invest in some digital scales. They are great as you can see the ounces coming off.

Doshusallie Tue 27-Nov-12 09:44:04

Porky - don't say that - I am on Depo and don't have periods - I would be gutted to get them back..... sad

B: Lidl yoghurt.

DH's birthday today but he is low carbing, said no to the offer of a birthday cake and is cooking pork belly slices for tea. grin

EwanHoozami Tue 27-Nov-12 10:08:38

how's tricks, losers?

yesterday:
B - lidl yog
L - smoked mackerel salad
D - squid in tomato and green pepper sauce with cauli rice (wasn't actually very nice!)

today:
B - kedgeree with leftover cauli rice, mackerel and boiled egg (yum)
L - on the go so cheese and ham or something
D - venison liver, braised cabbage and mashed swede (my chest freezer is groaning with bits of game that DH has somehow acquired confused )

Piffle Tue 27-Nov-12 11:02:22

My periods have been easier and PMT much reduced on LCHF...

B - Bacon Eggs Mushrooms
L- Butternut Squash curry spiced soup - cold meats and cheeses
D- Roasted Pork Belly with green veg... making my own gravy...
Snacks nuts, rhubarb and cream, coconut oil and flax seeds
Exercise about 300-500 cals again walking, quick bike ride with a dog etc

Lavendersbluedillydilly1969 Tue 27-Nov-12 11:12:14

Does anyone notice they have personality issues in this WOE?
DH has been doing it too as saw my weight loss and wanted to try it but he's been really moody and irritated by everyone and everything. Can this just be the lack if sugar because I'm thinking of force feeding him fruit and chocolate I'm so fed up with it. He says I'm snappy too but it's my TOM and I think he's forgotten how aggro I could be before I started the low carbing, I feel so much better I don't think I'm anywhere near as bad.

Lavendersbluedillydilly1969 Tue 27-Nov-12 11:14:56

Meant to say he also thinks its affecting his memory and concentration and energy levels too whereas I feel I have more energy and no longer have that 3pm slump where I just want to sleep. Can it really have these differing effects on different people, he's now telling me its not healthy and he wants me to start eating fruit again as veggies not sufficient and we need some sugar and fruit vitamins to be healthy. Aaagh.

JessicaWakefield Tue 27-Nov-12 11:46:26

Lavender sounds like a tricky situation but I'm not sure that eating more fruit is the answer. I think in the past when fruit wasn't widely available and we ate more seasonally it was regarded as a once in a while treat. Traditionally the word dessert was used to describe the fruit course of a big meal which I think speaks volumes about how much we should be eating of it. It seems to me that because of marketing and perhaps the wider availability of fruit "fruit and veg" seem to be inextricably linked as though they are basically the same when we know metabolically that they're not. Perhaps your DH is someone who's more suited to a maintenance LC approach rather than bootcamp? Hope your DH feels better in himself soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now