Are you born with rhythm and dance ability?

(3 Posts)
plaingirly Sun 25-Nov-12 10:03:53

I think I might just be uncoordinated!

I am ok following the moves slowly but as soon as the pace picks up I am lost! I suppose I am expecting too much of myself to just pick it up straight away - never done any sort of dance in my life!

Valdeeves Sat 24-Nov-12 23:13:15

I used to be a dance teacher in a high school and one thing I can tell you is you can learn most of it. However - if you truly have no sense of rhythm it's like being tone deaf and you can't learn it. I bet you don't though! I've only met two pupils who didn't in my career.
Learning dance routines is about muscle memory - the more you do it the more your muscles will remember it - some people are better at this then others ( I struggled). Keep at it - you will improve week on week !

plaingirly Sat 24-Nov-12 17:28:29

I am new to Zumba and found it so tough to pick up the moves - I couldn't move my feet fast enough!

So I am wondering is it something that you are born with or something that you can learn?

Trying to figure out if I will get better! I have always been the one that can't dance - not proper dancing - but the sort that everyone does at parties. It just seems to come so easily to other people!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now