which is best?

(10 Posts)

On the "motivational" threads, a bunch of us are just eating less and moving more, nothing drastic, just gradual permanent lifestyle changes.
I've found My Fitness Pal app useful, you scan barcodes of everything you eat to add up calories, see where they're hiding.
I've lost 3 1/2 stone since July by just eating less and moving more. It can work.

frenchfancy Thu 27-Dec-12 17:54:43

Another vote for 5:2. The major advantage is you only have to think about it 2 days a week, so the other 5 you can get on with your life.

anthonyavila Thu 27-Dec-12 12:07:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

gotthearse Mon 26-Nov-12 22:05:25

Thanks for the links and tips. Will try both!

TalkinPeace2 Mon 26-Nov-12 12:49:37
amazingmumof6 Mon 26-Nov-12 00:41:12

TalkinPeace2 what does 5:2 mean, please?

TalkinPeace2 Sun 25-Nov-12 15:34:04

5:2
its the most offensively easy system in the world
and working for lots of varied people

amazingmumof6 Sat 24-Nov-12 00:53:39

<note to self: I must drink more water...>

amazingmumof6 Sat 24-Nov-12 00:52:21

for now have a small glass of water (100-200 mls) every time you feel hungry/craving.
then 10-15 mins later if you still feel hungry eat something reasonable.

you'll start peeing a lot and will start feeling thirsty - good signs that you are finally giving your body the water it is actually craving!

(and by water I mean water, cold or warm or hot. you can drink other things if you fancy, but have a small cup of water first)

I did this for 3 weeks a while ago and after a few days I stopped craving sugary food - I still ate quite unhealthily (no time for proper meals), but as I never felt very hungry naturally I ate less - hey presto I lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks.

I know it actually sounds weird, but try for a month, see if it makes a difference! if you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated, so do yourself a favour and drink more water!

gotthearse Sat 24-Nov-12 00:36:28

I'm 5'4" and 2.5 stone overweight. Work long hours, 2 dc's & find it hard to find time to plan, cook and faff with scales etc. Can anyone in same boat tell me what worked for them? I am quite an impulsive eater and have been eating far too much sugar...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now