Week 8 - Little Black Dress Low Carb Bootcamp - One Fat Lady? Not here!

(339 Posts)
BIWI Mon 19-Nov-12 08:14:23

Spreadsheet of Wonderfulness is here

Hope everyone is doing well.

I haven't weighed this morning - was a little bit distracted by a phone call from my lovely SIL in Australia, to announce the safe arrival of Gabriel Paul and Nell Florence Jean! Gabriel weighed 5lbs 2oz and Nell 4lbs 10oz, so good weights to say they are 3 weeks early.

So I'm a great aunty grin

School sounds rubbish, hope they sort it out soon for him (and you). Have a nice time off out.

Newstart have a hug xx

Welcome back heartstart and sorry things have been so tough for you - I agree with mrshp about making sure you have lots of low carb snacks available when you get back on the wagon

Singing we went to see skyfall last night too. I found it an entertaining film but I was very annoyed by the outcomes for the three female characters (don't want to say more for fear of spoilers!)

PorkyScratching Sat 24-Nov-12 12:46:58

Newstart - hope today with your DS is less of a struggle. It's such a shame that Christmas isnt magical for him, it must be frightening for the poor lad sad

Heartstart - the 1st step is always the hardest, welcome back.

Winegless - hope you are feeling less shaky and a bit calmer.

Today going fine, I did drink some Diet coke though sad wish I hadnt though, as about half an hour later I had the worst stomach pain ever sad It was almost like a contraction, I was bent double with it. Quite scary! Still dont know why, im guessing the gas or something? It passed after a few minutes and Ive been fine since.

Having "cheeseburger pie" for lunch, tastes awesome grin

Viperidae Sat 24-Nov-12 15:32:22

Hello all, hope the day is improving for all of you.

Can anyone suggest best options for a chinese restaurant meal please?

I was planning to go and watch the Xmas lights switch on in our little town centre but it is so blimmin' cold I can't be bothered!

Heartstart Sat 24-Nov-12 16:15:00

Thanks all today's day one and so far so good. More family drama today but think I am overloaded with it all which is a good thing for diet etc as I can't think about anything more for anyone else!

Ladies I am back in the game....

halfthesize Sat 24-Nov-12 17:12:58

Welcome back Heartstart and I hope things improve for you NewStart

wine what can I say Men!!!!

I have had a fantastic day, DS1 took part in the Strictly Junior competition at our local theatre. 19 schools and they came 2nd, it was so close, 5 points difference between 1st and 2nd, so proud, nearly cried grin

DD1 also much better now and apologised for bad behavioursmile

Food wise, have not eaten yet as been so busy, but its 12th wedding anniversary so have bubbly and steak lined upwink

Doshusallie Sat 24-Nov-12 17:41:52

Hey half, you got married the day before me!!!! Did it piss with rain for you too? I got married in red it was so Christmassy.

Brekkie : lidl yoghurt
Lunch : celery with pâté, chunk of cheese, 2 boiled eggs
Tea : will be a seafood stew a la dh.

Have just had 2 babybels and a bit of chorizo for snack.

Looking forward to doing some exercise next week, haven't been for a week.

Weather filthy here - took ds1 to his school chrismptmas fayre, won a bottle of baileys (drool) and wandered round town inr the rain to get ds1 a new coat.

Home now, pj'amaed and ready for slobbing.

BIWI Sat 24-Nov-12 17:51:10

Viper - obviously you will avoid anything with rice/noodles! See if they have lettuce wraps on the menu. This will be a minced pork/mushroom combination, and they will serve it will individual iceberg lettuce leaves that you wrap it in. They will also bring you some hoisin sauce to use, but try and avoid that if you can I never can.

Avoid sweet and sour; also kung po chicken can often be very sweet.

And avoid anything with cashew nuts in.

Go for straight protein as much as you can. A sizzling dish is probably a good idea as they tend not to come swimming in sauces thickened with anything.

Instead of rice/noodles I have either stir-fried mixed vegetables (although you take pot luck sometimes as to what vegetables you get!), or stir-fried waterchestnuts and celery.

Have just been to the gym and am going out to dinner at friends. They have promised to cater for me, so we'll have to see what their understanding of low carb is!

Happy anniversary, halfthesize! thanks

NotMostPeople Sat 24-Nov-12 19:53:16

Hello everyone

Like Heartstart I was on the original bootcamp thread, I went from 12 stone to 10.5 and was enjoying the low carb way of life. When we went on holiday at the beginning of the school holidays and I told myself I'd have the week off. Ever since then Ive tried from time to time to get back in the zone but have actually got worse and worse.

Obviously I've seen my weight creep back up and today I weighed myself and found that I'm now 10.12. That's only part of the story though, my terrible terrible pmt is now back while it had completely gone while I was low curbing. Not only am I grumpy and irritable but very very low for three to four days a month. Also I feel heavy, bloated and tired all the time so I know that I must get back to low carb living.

So today I'm back on track. I'm not sure how much longer you're going for so won't add myself to the spreadsheet.

In the meantime well done all of you who've lost weight and to the fab BIWI for hitting target.

Welcome back NMP! Add yourself on if you want to, there is still two whole weeks to go after this one, you never know you might get back to your 10.5 in that time!

captainmummy Sat 24-Nov-12 20:09:56

Welcome back NMP - nott too much to lose?

captainmummy Sat 24-Nov-12 20:12:50

Sorry = pressed send too soon! Welcome back NMP -I've only got 3lb to lose and am loving this WOE! Have spent weeks months yo-yoing the same lb.

Anyway,DP has gone to his xmas party so am hitting the bath and early bed!

halfthesize Sat 24-Nov-12 20:53:06

Doshusallie hi technically anniversary tomorrow 25th and yes it rained loads but so christmassy, we had christmas decs and allgrin congrats for tomorrow, how many years? x

Heartstart Sat 24-Nov-12 21:11:13

NMP I remember you..we can do it.

EwanHoozami Sat 24-Nov-12 21:24:24

Hello NotMostPeople. I love that this WOE has so many fringe benefits - it's really helping with my PMT so I hope it gives yours a kicking too.

B: Lidl 10% yog
L: tuna and boiled egg salad
D: celeriac and wensleydale soup
S: couple of chunks of 70% choc and a handful of pistachios

I need my ass kicking on the water-drinking front. Am finding it so hard now it's cold confused

Doshusallie Sat 24-Nov-12 21:34:06

Half we are 12 too!

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Sun 25-Nov-12 00:15:21

winegless yikes, that's a horrible, horrible scare for you and the munchkins, glad you are ok and hope you have had a better day today (hiding DHs body under the patio should burn some calories)

Happy anniversary to dosh and half (and their DHs, obv)

Hello new peeps, come on in!

Confession time, since the funeral on wed, I haven't yet managed to climb back on the LC wagon, I've made lots of silly, bad choices in a "fuck it, I'm screwed anyway" mad dieter way with old style comfort foods (toast, ice cream). Bah. I think I will just have to write this week off, endure the shame of weigh in, and get back to it. I KNOW I will feel better if I do!!

porky I am intrigued, what is cheeseburger pie exactly?

PorkyScratching Sun 25-Nov-12 07:32:10

blush its beef mince with spring onions & mushrooms mixed in & fried. Then put it in a baking dish (I use several large ramekins) and then make a topping of cream, eggs, mayo & cheese. grin

PorkyScratching Sun 25-Nov-12 07:32:37

Oh, then you oven bake for 25 mins so the toppping goes all melty & cheesey.

jan2013 Sun 25-Nov-12 08:50:56

ended up eating carbs last night... a few of dds biscuits and some toast. just caved in, as there was literally no food in the house as i hadn't been shopping for ages and its entirely my own fault for not doing it, as i know if there had of been a suitable low carb snack i would have been ok. also was running about all day yesterday and tired myself out then had no energy to fight the cravings.

needless to say, feel rubbish today especially after a night of interrupted sleep. have to say though, dd is so cuddly in my bed in her lovely pink bunny night suit that its hard to resist her, but she is coming in every night now.

today, have to go shopping. have to not let last nights failure upset me too much.

hope you all have a lovely sunday, porkscratching that dinner recipie sounds quite simple to do and very yum smile

halfthesize Sun 25-Nov-12 09:46:45

Doshusallie thats so funny, both millennium brides wink Happy Anniversary x

Doshusallie Sun 25-Nov-12 09:47:07

Thanks for anniversary wishes.

Dh is making a lamb tagine thing later with butter nut squash. He is taking out the apricot (boak) in deference to low carb, so I can't moan about the butternut squash - how bad is it exactly? hmm

halfthesize Sun 25-Nov-12 09:58:03

Thanks for anniversary wishes here too,

dosh found this: Carbohydrate and Fiber Counts for Butternut Squash

½ cup raw butternut squash, cubed: 7 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1.5 grams fiber and 32 calories
1 oz. raw butternut squash: 3 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus .5 gram fiber and 13 calories
4 oz raw butternut squash (¼ lb): 11 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2.5 grams fiber and 50 calories

halfthesize Sun 25-Nov-12 10:00:20

Jan sorry to hear you had a bad day food wise, just put it behind you and start a fresh. I have to say your DD with her lovely pink bunny night suit, sounds impossible to resistsmile
I had my DS2 in with us last night, I just love the cuddles x

Happy anniversaries all round. It's our anniversary (of when we got together - we aren't married) on Saturday and we are going to a boutique (snarf) hotel for the night on Friday

It happen to us all, jan, but you know he only way to feel better is to get straight back on it. And do look after yourself too

Today is lovely and sunny in a bracing sort of a way and I went for a nice run (dodging churchgoers most of the way!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now