My name's Chocomochalatte and I eat too much sugar & drink too much coffee,

(8 Posts)
mamalovesmojitos Tue 20-Nov-12 08:32:10

Mine too! Having a banana & coffee now. Have a busy day planned so hopefully that'll stop me snacking.

Chocamochalatte Mon 19-Nov-12 22:47:02

Thanks! Will take a look at Nigella... Having such a sweet tooth is much of my problem!

mamalovesmojitos Mon 19-Nov-12 22:18:58

And only one coffee? Well done! You will stick at this but it has to be achievable. Don't starve yourself and fill yourself up more with lean protein to stop sweet cravings. Nigella lawson's twitter is interesting, she's lost weight recently & often posts her meals online. Lots of protein and healthy fats & very little sweet stuff.

mamalovesmojitos Mon 19-Nov-12 22:16:18

You probably shouldn't go below 1200 calories a day. Soup sounds lovely smile. I'm an apple shape so I totally relate. If it's bloating you should look at if certain foods cause it. If it's poor muscle tone which is very common then some toning exercise should make a big difference. And a pair of spanx at the Christmas party!

Chocamochalatte Mon 19-Nov-12 22:09:13

Ok, so today was day one!

I had yogurt for breakfast, small handful of mixed nuts and raisins for morning snack, homemade vegetable soup made with gammon stock, banana for afternoon snack, one third pizza for dinner (150 cals) and a tiny slice homemade bakewell.. I had just one coffee at work as apposed to four, drank black Roibos tea the rest of the day and just two coffees tonight at a friends and even declined a chocolate biscuit!!

According to myfitnesspal total of 1160 calories.

I really just want to lose my huge stomach sad I hate that my clothes are too tight. I really have no willpower so hope I can stick this out... Xmas party should be my goal shouldn't it? I hope I can at least stick it til then.

mamalovesmojitos Sun 18-Nov-12 23:05:51

Have something savoury for lunch? Salad/soup/tuna wrap/pieces of cold chicken? The bar & banana are not filling & again are sugary. You don't want to starve yourself, you've little to lose, so with those changes you can have some cheese & coleslaw in the evening. Maybe reduce the pasta & choc biscuits (easier with no sugar cravings from the morning) and reduce wine gradually. A stone is so doable & you're lovely & tall so I bet you carry it well.

As for exercise, if you're short of time consider the 30-day-shred.

mamalovesmojitos Sun 18-Nov-12 23:02:12

I am no expert (quite a chubster in fact) but i think you are on a rollercoaster of highs and lows. You are working a lot and the caffeine & sugar are little hits that wake you up....unfortunately they'll bring you down just as quick.

My day's eating is usually decided by noon, for better or worse. If I have a low sugar brekkie (porridge, egg, rye toast, even an apple & banana (small bit of sugar) and avoid a mid-morning cake/choc/White bread hit then I'm fine all day. Im genuinely not hungry. I would suggest sticking to protein, vegetables & complex carbs and trying to reduce the honey, fudge bar, any pasta/ White bread etc. I do like one-two coffees a day with skimmed milk, no sugar.

Chocamochalatte Sun 18-Nov-12 22:53:41

I work roughly 50 hours per week sat at a desk and do virtually no exercise...

I need to lose around a stone... Please help!

I'm on a tight budget when it comes to the food shop and find I buy too many carbs ie pasta..

What should a typical day/weeks diet look like in order to lose weight?!?!

My current daily diet consists of:
Breakfast: Greek style yogurt with honey, cup of Redbush tea and splash of milk.
Get to work and have very milky coffee, think half and half milk/water, may also have a fudge bar blush
Lunch: Banana and a cereal bar (morning something, golden syrup flavour)
Afternoon snack: Cake
Dinner: Jacket potato, cheeses (loads) coleslaw... Or Pasta with chicken and pesto... Or frozen chips and fish fingers with peas...
Evening: Glass of wine maybe three times a week, snack on chocolate/biscuits most evenings

I am 5.7 and approx 11.5 stone sad It's all on my stomach, bottom and tops of legs. I have a Xmas party in less than four weeks and have nothing to wear sad Would appreciate any advise! TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now