Questions for Dr Mike Mosley

(10 Posts)
Breadandwine Fri 16-Nov-12 21:55:49

In response to the following suggestions, this thread has been created for posters to submit any questions they may have for Dr M.

virginposter posted:
"Has anyone seen this blog? helenahalme.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/five-ways-to-do-52-diet.html
It's particularly interesting because someone posts a comment stating that they are in touch with Michael Mosley and that he is keen to hear from people who have been doing 5:2 for a while. They give an email address to contact him so maybe here's our chance to put some of our questions to him??

Skinnyeye came back with:
"Good work virgin now we can contact MM and invite him to join us...we should compose an email and send just one rather than filling his inbox with the same questions!!"

I thought that, rather than sending a collective email, I would direct his attention to this thread (when it has attracted a number of questions) and he could then either reply by email or answer the questions direct on this thread.

Aftereightsaremine Fri 16-Nov-12 22:32:51

What a great idea.

Can I start the ball rolling?

Is there any evidence to show if fasting 6:1 has the same or similar health benefits as fasting 5:2?

Oh dear, me looks a bit too keen to stick my oar in by being the first to post. Questions I'd like his opinion on are:

Since going 6:1 have you had any more IGF-1 tests?

Are there any plans for the BBC to do a follow up, as the original programme seems to have raised more interest than any other previous episode?

His views on whether a near calorie free period, be it 16 hours or whatever is an important aspect of this?

Oh yeah and finally thanks for changing my life in such an amazing way for the better...so far anyway wink

Aftereightsaremine , you obviously type faster than me grin

Aftereightsaremine Fri 16-Nov-12 22:42:17

Ah yes cyclist but yours was better thought out wink

Skinnyeye Sat 17-Nov-12 00:29:18

Hi Michael and welcome to the thread. I've been doing 5:2 since early September and it has changed my life but I have some questions. I'd like to know your thoughts on -

The merits of splitting calories throughout the day vs 1 meal
Does having milk in hot drinks thoughout the day break the fast?
Gender differences and the impact of fasting on women and the menstrual cycle
Recommended protein intake on fast days

I'd also like to ask if he is aware of any human studies and do they need guinea pigs as I would love to know if the findings from our "experiments" match their results.

pookey Sat 17-Nov-12 01:20:37

Another thank you for sharing your experiences. Above posts covers my questions I too am interested in benefits of 6:1, optimnum periods for going without any calories and whether or not small amounts of milk breaks the fast. In addition more research into impact on women particularly with regards to impact on fertility.

It seems there are many ways to do IF but I quite like that as it keeps things interesting!

virginposter Sat 17-Nov-12 10:38:43

You guys have already asked my questions but I'd like to know Dr.Mosley's thoughts on Breadandwine's theory of the hunger switch as posted on page 7 of this (6th) thread. It sounds very plausable to me.

Skinnyeye Sat 17-Nov-12 13:13:36

Yeah me too

NatashaMousse Mon 26-Nov-12 00:34:34

TheCyclistist has already raised my biggest questions.

I would also be interested in learning about the testing that Dr. Mosley has undergone. How often? What was/is being measured? Is he willing to share the results?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now