Slimfast....know not ideal but

(8 Posts)
kilmuir Fri 16-Nov-12 21:30:13

need to lose about half a stone in 3 weeks as my fav party dress is a bit snug. will i lose the pounds if i stick to the slimfast plan

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Fri 16-Nov-12 21:32:12

I haven't used them before but I was looking at them the other day. It seems there is over 200 calories in each shake. You could instead have a salad for a lot less calories and it would be more filling.

Nuttyprofessor Fri 16-Nov-12 21:35:18

All that will happen is you will be starving and then binge, reduce your immunity get a rotten cold and miss the party.

Murtette Fri 16-Nov-12 22:25:28

I did it for 8 or 9 weeks and lost 19lbs. Yes, the first week or so was really tough & I was starving but then I adjusted to it and found it really easy. No thought to it and I found it a really good way of breaking the sugar high/low cycle I'd unknowingly been on. I stopped doing it a month ago as we had various things like holiday, birthdays etc which I knew weren't going to be compatible with it and have stayed the same weight which I'm pleasantly surprised by. I'm now trying to decide whether I start it again tomorrow and do it for 3 weeks and then have another break over Christmas or whether I wait until Jan before starting again as I have another 15lbs to lose.

kilmuir Fri 16-Nov-12 22:32:50

Murtette is there a maximum amount of time they recommend you can use it for?

Murtette Sat 17-Nov-12 19:10:58

I've got no idea. I wouldn't have thought anyone could stick to it for that long as it gets very dull. When I said I lost that amount of weight during 8 - 9 weeks, it was actually over an 11 week period but I went on holiday twice and, whilst on holiday, didn't do it and was very glad to be back on "normal" food.

bendertherobot Wed 21-Nov-12 09:55:43

I've lost 6lbs in 12 days doing a combination of slim fast, gym, diet pill and my fitness pal. I don't have a slim fast every day, but I just eat something else for the equal calories. I find my fitness pal is really helping me to stick to my diet, and I've never stuck with one before. Good luck. smile

Rockchick1984 Thu 22-Nov-12 00:13:15

I stuck to slim fast for 3 weeks, and didn't lose any weight in that time sad started calorie counting and weight started dropping off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now