So.... on a typical SW day, what do you eat?

(2 Posts)
beakysmum Wed 14-Nov-12 20:32:28

That's it really, I can't get my head round what to eat that is easy with 3 small dc, packed lunches for work etc etc...
I don't like rice or noodles much.

Thanks in advance x

amazingmumof6 Thu 15-Nov-12 09:06:50

do you like soup?
you can get cheap-ish cartons and maybe re-heat?
or the powder versions - just add boiling water.
if you can do batch cooking at home that you can take your portions in a wide necked thermos/food flask , Lakeland has them or look around. soups are my favourite thing for winter/loosing weight and they keep you fuller for longer if blended/smooth. (fact, watched a program about it)

also I like tortilla wraps or pitta bread, rice cakes and oatcakes and melba toast are all good with things like cottage cheese and ham or cream cheese & cucumber slices.

and you can get pre-cut carrot sticks or baby sweetcorn/mangetout packs for mindless munching

I did a "water-diet" once when you drink a small cup of cold or warm water (100-200-ml) literally for every waking hour!
I did pee a lot and the first week I was getting increasingly thirsty, but I never felt quite that hungry so I didn't over eat and surprisingly I didn't crave chocolate/sweet things!
In fact I lost 2lbs in the first week despite eating takeaway dinners 4 nights in a row!
I lost about 4 pounds in first 3 weeks, but then I gradually lost focus to carry on. it was the easiest "diet" ever and I keep going back to doing it every now and then.

trying to loose weight with little kids, baby food, packed lunches is so hard! my youngest of 6 is 7 months and I'm not even planning to worry about going back to weight Watchers till she's 1 at least!
I think I'll take my own advice and drink some water right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now