Anyone trying to lose baby weight (particularly if breastfeeding)?

(4 Posts)
EarnestDullard Fri 16-Nov-12 12:30:49

I thought 2000 because I'd usually aim for about 1500 to lose weight, plus 500 for the BFing. I'm currently eating about (well, at least) 2500 a day and my weight is staying about the same.

I've got a double buggy but so far have only used it as a single (pram), with DD1 walking, for short trips. I should really get the second seat out of its box and give it a go!

tb Thu 15-Nov-12 22:34:27

2000 cals I would think is the minimum you need - after all it's the average daily requirement without the b/f calories you need on top.

Some of the stone and a half is bound to be fluid I would have thought. I'd stick to what Jahan's doing, without trying to lose weight which could be counter-productive and not so good for your dd possibly.

As for exercise, buggy pushing during a brisk walk inbetween feeds if possible? If your toddler is on a toddler seat on dd2's buggy, I would think that would be sufficient exercise - makes my thighs, bum and stomach muscles ache just thinking about it.

Jahan Wed 14-Nov-12 18:01:30

Yes me!
My baby is 4 weeks old and I've joined a thread here that's titled 30 day challenge as I thought it would help me to kick start my weight loss.
I had a c section so im not exercising yet but plan on walking with the buggy a lot. Im thinking of getting those shape up/toning trainers.
Im breastfeeding too but im not counting calories. Im just sticking to healthy meals, fruit for snacks, 1 small treat and plenty of water.

EarnestDullard Wed 14-Nov-12 16:58:10

DD2 is 6 weeks old and I have at least a stone and a half to lose. With DD1 I did exercise DVDs while she had her morning nap, ran at the weekends, and counted calories. This time though, with a baby who doesn't nap as reliably or for as long and a toddler, the exercise in the week will be more difficult.

I'd like to stick to about 2000 cals (I know that's a lot, but I'm BFing) and exercise at the weekends. I'd love to exercise on weekday mornings or evenings but I'm still up once or twice a night with DD2 so I don't yet have the energy.

Anyone in a similar situation, or advice from anyone who's lost their baby weight under similar circumstances?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now