Weight watchers anyone?

(50 Posts)
hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 09:39:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wowserz129 Mon 12-Nov-12 09:45:21

Is started 4 weeks ago, feeling a bit annoyed this morning as haven't lost despite sticking to it 100%. So far I have lost 6, lost 2, STS, lost 2 and STS

Hi Hilde, well done for starting WW! I started WW online last Monday. Ive lost 2lbs this week, so not as much as I hoped but I've had a mad weekend where I didn't really stick to it.

Have you planned out what you are eating today? Planning is definitely key. Good luck smile

Vajazzler Mon 12-Nov-12 09:52:04

Well done for taking the first step! I've been following ww for 18months so if you have any q's i'd be happy to help smile

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 09:55:44

Wowserz129 Mon 12-Nov-12 10:04:54

Yes I lost 3 stone using fitness pal a d now I want to lose another 1 and a 1/2 with WW. Thanks. Hopefully I lose this week although I have 2 dinners to go to hmm

I am on 28 points a day. How many are you on?

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 10:09:35

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 10:10:06

Vajazzler Mon 12-Nov-12 10:28:16

32pp a day is nothing! When i started i was on 55! Even now i'm on 36 blush

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 10:37:06

Vajazzler Mon 12-Nov-12 10:50:37

Yes i have lost a bit. 9 stone 4.5lbs .

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 10:51:49

Vajazzler Mon 12-Nov-12 11:00:23

grin

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 11:11:52

Vajazzler Mon 12-Nov-12 11:18:09

It does help me keep at it. Sometimes its easy to forget how far you have come because i dont go round saying it every day.
Plus, if i can do it then anyone can. I remember my first week on ww thinking it was all gobble-de-gook and there was no way i was going to manage to lose weight and keep at it. But, here i am plodding along and still losing thanks to ww.

MyCatsRule Mon 12-Nov-12 19:20:35

I signed up to ww online last week, stuck to it for a week and lost 2lb. But I've stopped again and I don't know why! I felt so much better when I was doing it. I'm 5'9 and nearly 15st, so 3.5 stone is my target. Seems like the impossible! Anyone fancy doing a bit of mutual hand holding & encouragement?
Vajazzle you are an inspiration! grin

hildebrandisgettinghappier Mon 12-Nov-12 20:47:53

hildebrandisgettinghappier Tue 13-Nov-12 07:19:56

CambridgeBlue Tue 13-Nov-12 07:30:22

I've been doing it for over 2 years now, started out at about 15.5 stone, now just under 12 so I can vouch for the fact that it works if you stick to it. I have fallen off the wagon loads of times but once I'd lost a decent amount it was enough incentive to make me go back to it even if I'd had a crap few weeks. I haven't lost as fast as I'd have liked but that's totally down to me and I'm hoping as it'll mean I keep it off once I get to goal (2 more stone to go).

If you need any WW advice I'm very happy to help, ProPoints can be confusing but it's pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it.

MyCatsRule Tue 13-Nov-12 08:15:59

Hi cambridge just a quick question - do you use the extra points allowance each week? It seems like loads! Well done on your amazing loss!

hildebrandisgettinghappier Tue 13-Nov-12 10:27:55

CambridgeBlue Tue 13-Nov-12 13:57:29

Yes I do most weeks, it does sound like a lot but it's surprising how either a particularly heavy weekend (alcohol is not good on PP!) or just going over a few points every day uses it up.

That said I have still had good losses on weeks where I've used all my extra points and to be honest, I'm not sure I would have stuck at it without them, I need my treats!

They also allow you to be flexible if you are caught unexpectedly in a situation where you want to have something extra or where nothing sensible is available. Just be careful that you don't think of them as too much of a safety net and underestimate how many you are using. You have to track them religiously or it won't work - as I have found out to my cost!

My other tip is to try and do some kind of exercise - no-one was more lazy and unfit than me when I started this but I now run (well sort of jog/sprint/walk/fall over in a heap) a couple of times a week and at times when I've over-indulged it has meant I've still lost - I think you have to attack from all sides with this if you possibly can!

TheMouseDancing Wed 14-Nov-12 09:02:21

Hi everyone, can I join?

I started ww online 3 weeks ago but haven't really stuck to it, really need to lose 3 stone, partly due to health issues and also because I can't face buying yet another bigger size in clothes. sad

MyCatsRule Thu 15-Nov-12 08:15:47

Hi mouse sounds like we are in the same boat! Well I've decided to really go for it. 3 stone to go! Good luck. I'm going to weigh in on a Friday. I know what I need to do - basically I eat far too much sugary stuff. Main meals are fine.

toomuchdisneynotenoughJack Thu 15-Nov-12 14:08:16

Hi there, joined ww online a week and 2 days ago! I am a total beached whale and have 39 points a day to use not including my extra points! I am really trying to stay below 30 points a day, which so far seems really easy ? ( is this normal) but slightly worried cos I am eating a ginormous amount of fruit? I am 39, 5"9 and weigh about 18 stone! Not going to weigh myself until I can feel my clothes really loosening and I can see a change in my face , fingers crossed it works out!! Never done WW before !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now