Week 7 - Little Black Dress Low Carb Bootcamp - Only 4 weeks left!

(288 Posts)
BIWI Mon 12-Nov-12 07:52:49

Confess all here

I see some have already been to check in this morning - fab!

So how are you all doing? I'm sensing that there's been a bit of wibbling and wobbling going on (present company included) so maybe it's time to have a couple of super strict weeks?

Given that the party season will soon be underway, a couple of Bootcamp weeks should consolidate our losses and hopefully get a few more of those pesky pounds out of the way.

morning! just back from a lovely long walk with my friend, her dogs and mine. But now my back is killing me, thankfully Consultant appt this afternoon, so should know more about whats going on then.

Off to make breakfast now, I am so hungry today.

Not weighed in, but I will tomorrow morning instead.

dollyxdaydreamer Mon 19-Nov-12 08:21:02

Hope you are feeling less under the weather caramel

Glad to be back on the wagon with you all.

Looking forward to regaining clearer skin, a smaller waistline, more energy and being in a better mood

We can do this!

BIWI Mon 19-Nov-12 08:15:01

THIS WEEK'S CHAT THREAD is here

captainmummy Mon 19-Nov-12 08:14:22

Well done ILove!

I forgot to weigh this morning - slept through the alarm a bit so rushing. Breakfst is coffee with cream - then Tescos.

EwanHoozami Mon 19-Nov-12 08:14:02

good news ilove well done you

1lb up here. tis TOM so not disastrous.

am off on a poncey night out tonight where I'd given myself vague permission to go a bit off-piste. Looking at the menu however, the LC options look much nicer than any of that carby old stodge. fillet steak and a cheese board? Why not!

Lavendersbluedillydilly1969 Mon 19-Nov-12 07:58:37

A couple of pounds down which is fantastic but this last half stone is soo slow. Wish I could get out of the habit of weighing daily too, seeing the numbers go up and down (mostly up lately) does get me down. At least though I'm back where I was at the end of October. Aim as always is to see a number starting with 9, maybe this will be the week. Must remember it took eighteen months to gain the weight so it's not going to disappear in a one.
Good luck to all other weighers this morning.

Lavendersbluedillydilly1969 Mon 19-Nov-12 07:45:07

Well done Ilovemyteddy.

hurricanewyn Mon 19-Nov-12 07:40:18

Ilove - that's fab. Well done you thanks

Ilovemyteddy Mon 19-Nov-12 07:10:01

My BMI is 25. I am NORMAL!! I haven't been normal for years grin

I know that the BMI scale is a bit flawed but I've been waiting for that 25 to appear. From obese to normal in 10 months. Woohoo!!

Itwillendinsmiles Mon 19-Nov-12 06:52:36

From biggest loser last week to the likely biggest gainer this week!

A long and whinging rant below - feel free to ignore especially as I so rarely post but I do read and take encouragement and advice from you all!

An as expected very large gain for me this morning. I weigh daily and I've been watching the line on my graph rise since last Tuesday.

No excuses as I know exactly why. (I'm in uni every week-day or studying at home almost non-stop to meet coursework deadlines, no exercise, no gym and eating crap....)

I did give myself 'permission' to have a week off and knew the probable consequences but hadn't reckoned on just how disappointed in myself I'd feel.

So. it's a new week and a new outlook. I still have looming deadlines and I know that's what I need to be focusing on - and I will be - but with 5 exams in January (thanks for nothing whoever came up with the bright idea of semesterisation!) if I carry on like this I'll be rather large by February!

Back to bootcamp for me this week!

Cheers Wine!

caramelwaffle Mon 19-Nov-12 00:05:17

Happy birthday vnmum

<pulls up MrsHP >

Yes, Wine We can smile

WineGless Mon 19-Nov-12 00:00:55

Right pep talk chaps before BIWI comes in with her big stick wink
Tomorrow is a new start...we can do it, right?

Remember, nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

Roll on Monday

Dolly, Caramel and NewStart - can you pull me back up onto that wagon as well please!

Right, tomorrow is a new day...

Willowisp Sun 18-Nov-12 23:04:09

I just want to agree with BIWI that the sweet cravings do go. I actually turned down icecream the other day because it was too sweet & I can't be bothered to over eat !

I think a great way of making up for over indulgences is to fast the next day, this makes a big difference & gets you quickly back on track.

Also if you have a sweet tooth, make up the choc pots into Gu pudding glass holders. I managed to make 7 puddings which lasted me about 10 days. I think they saved my sanity.

Also if you're finding it too hard, adapt to something you can manage, maybe low carb squash - better to slip slightly than fall spectacularly.

BIWI I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your patience & support. I'm feeling SO much better & the lightest I've been for nearly 5 years !

NewStartSameStory Sun 18-Nov-12 22:44:51

Dolly - me too. Camel <nods> I also noticed that. Tomo is a fresh day, a fresh week and a fresh start.

Bootcamping again here. Must remember to make the coleslaw tomo. Stress has been reduced slightly by unlikely source. One which normally creates stress. Which has been a surprise but appreciated. Hopefully this week will be a bit better.

Ilove - sorry about your news. I hope your week treats you as kindly as possible.

Happy birthday VM!!

Hope you are finally starting to feel better BIWI!

caramelwaffle Sun 18-Nov-12 22:32:42

Fell spectacularly off the wagon also.

Have been really under the weather.

Let's get back on together dolly.

Great pictures boobz

I have noticed the difference in hunger and energy levels. Ability to focus. Skin and nails and that is just three days (have'nt checked weight but it will be up I think - perhaps 1-2lb)

This Woe is definitely for me however and shall continue through till next summer.

dollyxdaydreamer Sun 18-Nov-12 22:06:25

Fell. Spectacularly. Off. Wagon. sad

Please will you let me back?

<sobs>

Piffle Sun 18-Nov-12 21:59:02

Golly been so busy but have stuck to the LCHF path very well...
Done some big walks too.
Scales finally dropped after plateauing for a week...
Am into some clothes I've not worn for 18mths or more, people are noticing too.
Today I had
B- bacon, eggs
L- salami, cheese, pastrami, ham ( travelling)
D - soup!! Provender tomato and Wensleydale cheese 3G carb per 100g bingo!!! So happy to have found a fresh soup I can eat! And a salmon fillet and salad....

Hope everyone is well, birthday wishes from me where due.
Will find time to properly read the thread next week!

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Sun 18-Nov-12 21:39:25

I think I will have put on this week with the stress-cake, and rather too much reliance on meat, cheese and coffee on the go, with not enough veg and water. I feel a bit heavier round the middle.

Although my boobs seem to be shrinking. Take it from the arse first, for Petes sake please!!

Viperidae Sun 18-Nov-12 21:38:58

Singing I thought I read the venue was central London on the course info so didn't ask. Maybe I imagined it though!

Although I still have a huge amount of weight to lose and am still in the same dress size as for the last few years I had 2 friends comment this weekend that they noticed I had "lost a lot of weight" which is very positive.

I am quite looking forward to getting back onto low carb tomorrow (I was never like this with SW!)

Had lovely meal with grandparents today, managed to sidestep pudding (wouldn't have liked it anyway as was a combination of cooked fruit and chocolate which I don't like)

I adore my grandparents but last time I saw my grandpa (in january) he complimented me on my weight loss before saying 'but you've still got a little way to go haven't you'. Thanks for that grandpa!

Welcome pumpkin would you like to be added to the spreadsheet?

I found it difficult buying full fat mayo etc at first, but now I worry about not getting enough fat grin!

Welcome pumpkin! I've never felt guilty eating cheese etc., just a bid odd at first as I was so used to thinking it was off limits when trying to lose weight. I think as you've only got half a stone to go it won't happen very quickly on this woe tbh. There are a few of us trying to get rid of the last few pounds and it is very slow going now.

My start weigh was 11.7 and I'm now 9.7. Hurrah! Hopefully the last half a stone will disappear eventually but I'm really happy as I am. Before I started this woe I was staring 12st in the face, miserable and living on low fat this and that, fruit, whole meal bread and still getting bigger wondering why the hell I couldn't lose weight. Well now I know why!

Anyway, good luck and hopefully you'll come to love it the way we do. smile

Another one who had pork chops, cabbage etc., for dinner. Also made those BIWI choc pots again. So delicious but getting addictive.

BIWI Sun 18-Nov-12 20:59:46

Welcome, 2pumpkins!

The guilt about eating fat does go away - but it takes some time to get used to being able to eat it, as we are so conditioned to believe it's bad for us. The best advice I can give you is to make sure that you do some reading about low carb so that you understand the science behind it.

Re loving something sweet - the whole point of Bootcamp (and every other low carb plan that has a strict initial phase) is to get rid of the sweet tooth. If you can avoid indulging it, whilst you're cutting right back on the carbs, this will only do you good!

I think it's fair to say that those of us who are still here, in week 7, are very definitely getting the results that we want, whilst enjoying eating lovely, satisfying food.

thanks Willie for your Spreadsheet Duties. Always very much appreciated. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now