Week 7 - Little Black Dress Low Carb Bootcamp - Only 4 weeks left!

(288 Posts)
BIWI Mon 12-Nov-12 07:52:49

Confess all here

I see some have already been to check in this morning - fab!

So how are you all doing? I'm sensing that there's been a bit of wibbling and wobbling going on (present company included) so maybe it's time to have a couple of super strict weeks?

Given that the party season will soon be underway, a couple of Bootcamp weeks should consolidate our losses and hopefully get a few more of those pesky pounds out of the way.

sorry toomuch hugs from me too.

i have been so good at the moment, but god am I tired today. Lots of salads, veggies and meat.

halfthesize Tue 13-Nov-12 18:26:46

Eve All

Sorry to hear you have had bad news toomuch hope things improve for you, big hugs.

I have just had left over cabbage fried off with chopped up smoked bacon, it was so nice, will be having that againsmile

Ilovemyteddy my rings are also too big now, then keep whizzing round my fingers, I will prob wait till after christmas for resizingwink

I really need to up my water intake again, as been very slack recentlyblush

Hope you are OK toomuch.

Excellent news on all the looser rings as well!

I have had two very good days on the trot and am feeling very motivated again all of a sudden. We have been eating casseroles - they have about a tablespoon of flour in them between 4/5 portions, but decided that was fine in the grand scheme of things for us.

B - three bits of bacon and a coffee
L - none, ran out of time at school!
Snack - left over roast lamb from sunday, babybel
D - chicken casserole, green beans and broccoli

Have drunk a bit of water, but not enough yet. I do ache from netball yesterday though so think that probably helped too! I am going out tomorrow night, but driving so should be easy to stay on track.

Well done all the losers!

BIWI Tue 13-Nov-12 19:17:19

<sniff>

Still poorly. In fact, I seem to be getting worse, when yesterday I thought I was getting over it very quickly sad

Today I feel like someone has stuck a hot needle up my nose, which is making my eyes stream and my nose run constantly. I have gone through almost a whole loo roll blowing my nose (was working and only had access to this rather than tissues!), and now it looks like a belisha beacon on fire. And my throat has decided to join in and it feels like I've swallowed some especially coarse sandpaper.

<sighs>

Have two horribly long days from here as well. So I've given up any thought of going to the gym until the weekend. Hopefully I will be recovered by then. I'm really missing exercise.

Aw biwi try not to overdo and look after yourself

BIWI Tue 13-Nov-12 19:30:49

Not much I can do really - the work has to get done! Bloody typical that I should get busy when I'm poorly. But I'm doing it with my business partner, so not having to soldier on on my own!

Ilovemyteddy Tue 13-Nov-12 19:34:02

Hugs toomuch

Sorry to hear that you're poorly, BIWI.

sybilfaulty Tue 13-Nov-12 19:57:44

Sorry to hear you have had sad news, Toomuch. Take care.

BIWI, so sorry you are ill as well. Hope you soon feel better.

Moussaka for supper. My own recipe. It looks all right but we'll see. Hope you have a nice evening.

Brasssection Tue 13-Nov-12 20:10:05

Great news on people's losses but sorry about illness and bad family news sad

I am still doing Harcombe. I have to say hat I don't feel as well as I did on proper low carb but I am losing weight this way and find it easier to stick with.

caramelwaffle Tue 13-Nov-12 20:20:30

Sorry about the bad news toomuch

Get well BIWI

Viperidae Tue 13-Nov-12 20:22:41

toomuch Sorry you've had bad news, hope things improve for you.

BIWI Just think of all the energy you must be burning to produce all that snot! grin

Brass Glad you've found something that is working for you.

I have had IPD Keema and cauliflower rice for tea and, although it was lovely, I AM STARVING!!! I am hungrier having eaten than I was before confused

Viper eat more if you're still hungry!

toomuch sad sending good wishes your way.

Well done to all the losers and BIWI hope you start feeling better soon.

I've been out to eat tonight and it was pretty good if I gloss over the red wine and sautéed potatoes. blush.

Doshusallie Tue 13-Nov-12 20:40:24

BIWI sorry you are poorly.

Shepherds pie with celeriac and swede mash served with stir fried mushrooms, cabbage and leeks cooked in butter. I thought it was delish, dh ate it, but gave me a long critique - wasn't hot enough (he put his in the microwave again, mine was roasting hmm) mince too dry and crumbly, not seasoned well enough, he added chilli sauce to his. WHATEVER! We are now watching master chef, his favourite programme. He thinks he is michel roux junior and I am a contestant. He, rather than celebrating the fact that I now participate more in cooking our meals, accuses me of only bothering because it means I eat low carb in the evening. He is of course absolutely right, but if the end result is me doing more cooking what's the problem? I hate his criticism though, drives me mental. I can see him out of the corner of my eye, taking small tastes, formulating an opinion, sticking his fork in and holding it to his lip to check the temperature....angry. Just fucking eat it, it will only get colder while you do that! Grrrr....

MsRinky Tue 13-Nov-12 20:43:46

Positive vibes to all who need them. That includes you Dosh, your husband sounds like a dick if you don't mind me saying.

That would drive me bonkers dosh!

We do have a jokey 'I could not serve this to michel' for mediocre food (usually my cooking tbh)

I had a weird using-up-leftovers supper of tuna mayonnaise and kale cooked in butter (dp is out). It was a funny mix hot and cold but all tasty! I also accidentally went for a long walk when I popped to waitrose (ten minute walk from my front door - v dangerous) and didn't feel like going home so strolled along the canal for a bit then up and down some hills

Doshusallie Tue 13-Nov-12 20:49:08

Msrinky - no I do not mind one iota. At this precise moment I agree with you.

Viperidae Tue 13-Nov-12 22:11:38

I was just thinking I might feel deprived when the rest of the family have their chocolate advent calendars and looked at some alternatives.

Look at this I want one!

BIWI Tue 13-Nov-12 22:22:53

That's fab!

caramelwaffle Tue 13-Nov-12 22:47:36

Oh that's fab'!

"Out of stock"

Ok.

Who was it? envy

WineGless Tue 13-Nov-12 22:55:50

blush

Hic

Viperidae Tue 13-Nov-12 22:56:09

Out of stock?! shock

That means I am stuck with hanging a decoration on the mini M&S advent tea each day while they trough chocolate.

caramelwaffle Tue 13-Nov-12 22:58:21

<beady eyed stare at Wine>

Oh well.

They do whiskey

<sideways glance at Wine>

They need to do a vodka one <hopeful>

JessicaWakefield Tue 13-Nov-12 23:02:23

Toomuch sorry to hear that you've had some bad news and BIWI really hope that you're feeling better soon.

Well I am three pounds down but that is only because until about an hour ago I hadn't eaten anything since Sunday. Was struck down yesterday with food poisoning (and struck down is exactly what happened, one minute was coat on just about to take DS to baby group, next minute totally unable to be upright a weird combination of wanting to simultaneously faint and throw up). Have been better today but sort of depleted and dehydrated and generally washed out. Exciting to see those numbers on the scales although I know they're not real!

caramelwaffle Tue 13-Nov-12 23:06:42

Get well soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now