Week 7 - Little Black Dress Low Carb Bootcamp - Only 4 weeks left!

(288 Posts)
BIWI Mon 12-Nov-12 07:52:49

Confess all here

I see some have already been to check in this morning - fab!

So how are you all doing? I'm sensing that there's been a bit of wibbling and wobbling going on (present company included) so maybe it's time to have a couple of super strict weeks?

Given that the party season will soon be underway, a couple of Bootcamp weeks should consolidate our losses and hopefully get a few more of those pesky pounds out of the way.

'I have been guzzling sugar like a bent Oompa Loompa' - best quote on any bootcamp thread so far!

Re: water how about drinking peppermint or fruit or herbal tea. I think they can count towards your water allowance and maybe more warming in winter?

I am rubbish at drinking enough water though so don't know why I'm making any suggestions!

Lavendersbluedillydilly1969 Mon 12-Nov-12 22:47:01

Thanks for the encouragement BIWI. I know you are right it's just annoying me that its not easier, I hate that pound off 2 pounds on thing even though I'm fairly confident that I'll get there in the end.

BIWI Mon 12-Nov-12 23:05:39

As long as, overall, it's going down, that's all that matters! My rate of loss is now really slow - but I am still losing weight. And enjoying eating and not feeling deprived.

Viperidae Mon 12-Nov-12 23:54:14

I put +2lb on the spreadsheet as that was what the mad scales showed this morning but I really need to plan ahead and weigh myself on Fridays. I think that would give me a clearer picture as I have usually been fairly consistent for a few days before that whereas my weekends are all over the place so my weight on Mondays may be more erratic.

I had planned to go to the gym this am but got a phone call to go into work for a last minute meeting so missed it. I now have work for the next 2 days so will struggle to fit it in now.

Food-wise I have been good as had no time for breakfast before meeting, had prawns, mayo and 1/2 avocado for lunch then chicken, creamed leeks, green beans and a stuffed mushroom for tea. Several cups of tea and a fair bit of water.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Tue 13-Nov-12 00:13:29

Back just to update my day
B Greek yoghurt and a slice of turkey
L 2 egg omelette with cabbage, leek and mushrooms
Snack about 30g nuts
D panfried frying steak with cauliflower, broccoli and salad

My resolution this week is to drink more water and eat more veg, less cheese.

captainmummy Tue 13-Nov-12 08:27:06

STS this week (again) - not too bad considering the crap week I had last week.

Breakfast today - 2 egg omellette with cream. Black tea, pint water.

Ds2 is making vegetarian lasagne with quorn at school today, so I have half packet Quorn to use up. Is it very carby? (he's taken the packet before i had a chance to check the label) Might do lasagne-type base and top with creamed leeks, as I don't have any sliced cheese.

Jacaqueen Tue 13-Nov-12 10:08:10

I am claiming a pound off this morning which is so much better than the horror I was faced with yesterday on the scales. I am going to weigh on a Tuesday from now on.

BIWI I use Optisana effervescent multi vits from Lidl. They contain maize starch, citric acid, and all sorts of nasty artificial sweetners, but according to myfitnesspal, they are carb free.

I split each tablet into 3-4 pieces and put each into 500ml of water. To my mind this dilutes the nasties and really helps me get the water down. Last week when I had a bad cold I was using up to 2 tablets a day and I used warm water to make hot orange.

jan2013 Tue 13-Nov-12 10:37:44

hey everyone, just checking in. jac, that sounds lovely, it is great to be able to get away, and the work youve done on the house sounds great! i hope your back is ok.

vnmum you are so inspiring... workout, school run, work... superwoman?! i used to do stuff like that PRE dd i can't imagine doing it now.

i guess i need a kick up the backside again, to have a moan, and maybe by being honest it might help me break out of these bad habits. im still in the same rut with lack of decent cooking - purely my own fault as i don't have the motivation, blaming dds sleep its horrendus and i can't seem to do anything while im this tired. what i do end up doing is thinking i need to keep eating all day which is just pathetic so thats what i need to stop.

i did a gillian workout yesterday and hopefully will again today, i feel the muscles sore so thats a good sign. just need to get back in the way of it all.

Doshusallie Tue 13-Nov-12 12:26:29

went to gym this monring instead of Pilates tonight, although did some pilates moves at the gym. It has seemed to really help my back.

Had Alpro yoghurt for breakfast.

Salad of some description for lunch with corned beef probably, and I am making a shepherd's pie for tea tonight as we speak (don't you just love working from home grin) Swede and celeriac and cheese topping. yumble.

My weigh in is deffo a Tuesday - weighed 4 times this morning - 9 3, then 8 10 shock, then 9 2 twice so will agree with that. I have to say I thought I looked rather trim in the gym this morning, even if I say so myself! smile It shows you how low carb my food is if I can drink as much as I do and STS at a weight I like.

Not a great day here I'm afraid.... Had bacon and coffee for breakfast and snacked on cold meats and olives at lunchtime.... The I made a bread and butter pudding. Don't ask me why (well, there was a stale fruit brioche in the fridge, it's a public holiday here and the kids wanted to make it, plus dh is away at the moment but back tonight so wanted to make it for him).... Had a couple of table spoons with cream. Dammit!

On the upside it is my first cheat and I just had a green salad with olive oil for dinner but I fear the scales will be up in the morning.....

Re water, I have a fab water bottle that I love so I keep topping it up. It's 0.6l so I know I should drink at least 4 a day. I find it easier to swig from a bottle than a glass, and it doesn't need refilling as much.

cartblanche Tue 13-Nov-12 12:47:13

Yesterday's weigh-in 13st 1.5 - loss of 1 pound from last week. 6 weeks in and I have lost a total of 2.5 pounds NOT the progress I was hoping for. (My own fault though!)

Made a very lovely pork and chorizo stew (minus the chickpeas) from BBC Good Food website. Will try and dig it out and post the link later on.

Ilovemyteddy Tue 13-Nov-12 12:59:54

I just took my wedding and engagement rings in to the jewellers to get them made smaller as I have lost weight on my fingers - two and a half ring sizes smaller. £74 it's gonna cost me shock

And it's my arse I need to lose the weight from, not my flippin' fingers angry

grin

Doshusallie Tue 13-Nov-12 13:16:01

so today's vague salad lunch turned into left over red cabbage (please tell me red cabbage is ok), surplus swede and celeriac mash, a baby bel and some cold roast beef.

DH is low carbing for two weeks he has said - came home to eat his lunch, cheese and ham salad followed by............a banana. I'm saying nothing.

caramelwaffle Tue 13-Nov-12 14:20:49

Ilovemyteddy grin

captainmummy Tue 13-Nov-12 14:21:47

ILove - I'm sure it's going from your arse as well!

Doshu - I love red cabbage as well, but I think it's usual to cook it (for ages according to mum) with apple and sometimes raisins too. Oh and sugar 'for that sweet-and-sour taste.'

My DP is 'low-carbing' too, he has porridge for breakfast and has just had a jacket potato for lunch hmm Good for him he is still losing weight

Doshusallie Tue 13-Nov-12 14:54:11

DH cooked it with some butter and that's it I think - I love it.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Tue 13-Nov-12 15:28:46

ilovemyteddy grin if you tell people you lost 74 pounds on this WOE, bet we'd have a few more converts!!

Well, I have had some bad family news today sad so if ever there was a day to fall into cake, this would be it. But I am going to try hard to stay positive and know that it won't help me in the long run to eat comfort carbs.

B 2 fried eggs on 2 slices of ham
L slice of chicken with stir fried cabbage, leek, kale and mushrooms

Not sure for tea, may be out, will see.

Doshusallie Tue 13-Nov-12 15:37:17

very sorry to hear that Toomuch. sad

WineGless Tue 13-Nov-12 15:45:06

Too much- am sorry to hear you've got bad news. Sending virtual hugs

captainmummy Tue 13-Nov-12 15:45:27

That's sad Toomuch.

jan2013 Tue 13-Nov-12 16:24:12

sorry toomuch thinking of you and the family

Sorry to hear you've had sad news toomuch - look after yourself

Jins Tue 13-Nov-12 17:20:06

Sorry to hear that toomuch sad

hurricanewyn Tue 13-Nov-12 17:36:08

Sorry to hear that toomuch - I hope you & yours are doing as well as can be expected.

Willowisp Tue 13-Nov-12 17:39:02

Haven't checked for a while, so quick hi from me.

No longer hungry & mixing it all up grin

The Dukan galette is working fabulously for me [smug] & I'm keeping with the low carb veg...BIWI has broken me !

I'm quite light, so was aiming to maintain this & managing to do so by low carb (mainly) during the week, throwing in a bit of intermittent fasting & managing to eat roast dinner on a Sunday + naughty carb pudding. Have kept away from potatoes, although ok with sweet potatoes.

I'm serious this week as would like to take the weight now a notch.

Those choc puds helped & lasted ages.

Will try & catch up later with everyone's news.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now