Week 7 - Little Black Dress Low Carb Bootcamp - Only 4 weeks left!

(288 Posts)
BIWI Mon 12-Nov-12 07:52:49

Confess all here

I see some have already been to check in this morning - fab!

So how are you all doing? I'm sensing that there's been a bit of wibbling and wobbling going on (present company included) so maybe it's time to have a couple of super strict weeks?

Given that the party season will soon be underway, a couple of Bootcamp weeks should consolidate our losses and hopefully get a few more of those pesky pounds out of the way.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Mon 12-Nov-12 15:22:39

Managed to resist the cake, scones and other goodies at meeting this morning. It's getting easier as time goes on.

caramelwaffle Mon 12-Nov-12 15:30:09

Breakfast - olives, baked chorizo, cheese. Herbal tea.
Lunch - Thai chicken coconut soup.

captainmummy Mon 12-Nov-12 16:06:13

Bloke at work brought in Diwali cakes - managed to bag the smallest, least-sweet looking one (marzipan I think) and eat a small nibble.

The leak is not leaking! Plumber says it's weird but sometimes that happens - they fix themselves hmm. He has no explanation for it, will see what happens tonight; it is all drying up there now. <hopeful/sceptical/pessimistic!>

Complained to Lidl about the green chicken; they will 'write to me' hmm - I hope with a big voucher!

Lunch - celery sticks with pate and brie. Picked up a packet of pinenuts in tesco - 4.8g/100g carbs, so have nibbled on those today.

Dinner will be Thai RedCurry soup (again) with chopped ham.

caramelwaffle Mon 12-Nov-12 16:10:50

Ewwww

The "Green chicken"

Saying that, I've just had thai green chicken soup - slightly different grin

Regarding the leak: are you in a hardwater area? Sometimes there will be a leak that is stops when limescale builds up and creates a new barrier.

caramelwaffle Mon 12-Nov-12 16:11:12

*that stops

captainmummy Mon 12-Nov-12 16:17:48

We are in a hard-water area, but the cylinder is pressurised, so I'd have thought it would spray out! We couldn't hear a drip or hiss last night, and it wasn't raining (my 1st thought!) - honestly, i'm just waiting for it to start again soon. The cylinder is only 3 years old, not even.

Thai Green Chicken Curry - yum! Green Roast chicken, not so much!

caramelwaffle Mon 12-Nov-12 16:53:15

Ewwwwwww

Stop saying green chicken! haha...argggggh

I had a vivid mental picture the first time...

Have you asked pigletjohn over on Good Housekeeping for advice? He seems to know all about this kind of problem.

Lavendersbluedillydilly1969 Mon 12-Nov-12 17:20:38

Oops posted on the old thread this morning. A couple of pounds up today, just a delayed water gain from cheats on Saturday hopefully. Am determined to get under 10stone this week so being really really good and drinking gallons of water.
B-mozzarella and tomato drizzled with olive oil.
L-pork belly slices and celery with a little pâté.
D-not sure but may finish the pork belly and have some Brie and salad. Kids have asked for pasta and garlic bread so won't be sharing that.
Feel ok just a bit disappointed but DH says I should remember how down I was about my weight and appearance 6 weeks ago and appreciate how far I've come in a short time. The weight just crept on over a year but its nearly gone in a tenth of that so pretty good really.
Congrats to all the losers.

BIWI Mon 12-Nov-12 17:31:27

Lavender - it's always a good idea when you're feeling down about apparent lack of progress to take a very big step back and look at where you started! It's so easy to obsess about the day-to-day rather than the big picture.

Well stayed the same! Frankly a miracle, but also gives me hope that when I get to the end of my weightless I will be able to eat enjoyably and stay the same if that makes sense.

L - squash soup
D - beef casserole and green cabbage

EwanHoozami Mon 12-Nov-12 18:44:43

STS again

disappointed as I thought I'd been pretty good. I'm with the people who are having a stricter week this week.

I'm finding it really hard to drink enough water now it's colder confused

B: 2-egg omelette
L: leftover braised cabbage (still amazing) and cambozola
D: salmon with feta salad.
Snack: chunk of cheddar

Too much cheese! GAH.

Doshusallie Mon 12-Nov-12 18:56:13

Snack - celery stick with pâté and nibbled in some leftover roast chicken. Tea will be a hotch potch of left overs veggies and kedgeree.

Green chicken envyenvyenvyenvyenvy

AuntieMaggie Mon 12-Nov-12 18:57:49

Are there any sheffield low carbers? I have just had the best low carb curry feast at Aagrah and now I can't move!

Chicken tikka wings, some fish thing, a selection of chicken lamb and cauli curries with raita and onion chutney which to be fair prob had sugar in it but was the best thing ever!

BIWI Mon 12-Nov-12 19:50:40

Sounds lovely, AuntieMaggie

caramelwaffle Mon 12-Nov-12 19:52:14

Dinner was sauteed leeks with cream and topped with cheese.

Sounds nice, AuntMaggie

Well that article made me go for a run

Are you HAPPY now biwi??

grin

Seriously, thanks for the encouragement

It's silly because I love it during and afterwards (especially afterwards) but it's just before that it seems such an awful chore...

Doshusallie Mon 12-Nov-12 20:29:03

MUST DO SOME EXERCISE OTHER THAN PILATES THIS WEEK!!!!!!

BIWI Mon 12-Nov-12 20:31:10

grin

I'm having withdrawal symptoms from my personal trainer the gym. Had to cancel yesterday's session and I'm too busy with work to be able to get there until the weekend.

WineGless Mon 12-Nov-12 21:13:33

Found you all!

TOTM has arrived and am snappish and feeling horrid.

B: Greek yoghurt
L: ham salad with mayo
Snack - Brazil nuts
D pork casserole with celeriac mash and buttered cabbage.

I only ate half my tea so have the rest for lunch tomorrow.

Well done losers and hope those who are ill feel better very soon

hurricanewyn Mon 12-Nov-12 21:21:04

Evening all
True to my word, I was good today. Lets see if my resolution sticks

B - Just a multivitamin as slept late
L - pate
D - Shepherd's pie topped with swede & melted cheddar

Not enough water so I'm glugging before bed to get some in.
Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow & everyone under the weather feels better.

BIWI Mon 12-Nov-12 21:23:05

Oh - a massive word of warning - because of feeling generally coldy, I bought Sainsbury's Vitamin C tablets yesterday. The effervescent ones. I was just about to drop one in a glass of water, when I suddenly thought that I hadn't checked the label to make sure it didn't contain sugar.

The usual artificial sweeteners were present, which I had expected, along with potato starch!. Goodness only knows why - so I went without.

Just goes to show - always check the label

Oh yes they use it as anti-clagging (iykwim) agent in pre-grated cheese too

Piffle Mon 12-Nov-12 22:04:41

I tried to put myself on the spreadsheet but I am fatally allergic to spreadsheets So god alone knows what I've done!
Lost again which is a miracle after a few mistakes ( enjoyable) over the weekend away...
Today been good...
Bacon eggs
Whey to go shake, cream, Splenda,
Snacks nuts
Indonesian rendang chicken curry and cauliflower jeera rice

Add to that 800 calories of walking!!!
Tired.com

caramelwaffle Mon 12-Nov-12 22:19:47

Oh god yes. Check labels. Especially on foreign imports that have labels/ stickers placed on containers.

Tired of drinking just water, I looked around for replacements or supplements.

I tried, and started drinking coconut water/juice drinks thinking "coconut = high fat ergo -it's just fatty water"
To cut a long story short I peeled off a label to discover the carbohydrate value is not 0g (or negligible) but 23g per can.

I have been guzzling sugar like a bent Oompa Loompa in the Willy Wonka chocolate factory.

2litres of water, so far, today instead.

vnmum Mon 12-Nov-12 22:23:49

auntmaggie i used to live in wakefield and remember aagrah well from my days there. Mmmmmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now