Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

Getting healthy and losing weight through the power of MOTIVATION

(965 Posts)

Motivational Monday - where we are motivated to stick to our diet and exercise plans for the rest of the week.
Progess logged on Kato's spreadsheet (if you want to of course)
grin

You sound relieved Bonkey so yay! I hope your bug doesn't hang around too much longer. I'd love some fruit pastels. smile

I still don't feel right either and I was talking to someone yesterday who has the same thing but she's had it for a week. I really don't want it that long but the upside is that I really don't feel hungry.

FivesAndNorks Tue 27-Nov-12 09:42:55

Glad you got the result you wanted. I assumed your list was for today and did think that was quite. A lot to have eaten by 9am!

Ha, even me on a bad day couldn't manage that before 9am! grin

Hair I hope you feel better soon sad My stomach feels dodgy again today ... had enough!

eightytwenty Tue 27-Nov-12 13:34:54

What a week.

Good

No babies.
giggles about hair (removal that is).
Good losses hair and imst
2.6 mile run and 1lb loss here
Level 1 shred quite easy last night (or should that be bad as I cheated and went back to level 1 from 3. My excuse - didn't start it till 930 and couldn't face plank at that time of night).

Bad

Sick bug
Norks scales fear (I think it's better to weigh at the start so you can really count the total losses. I feel cheated out of a few lb as I am sure I'd lost a little before I started tracking.

Well done on your loss eighty. You could always reset your start weight on the spreadsheet if you feel cheated.

I've had that moment when your body shows you you've lost weight! I wear my great MIL's engagement ring and it's always been loose but over the last week it's been spinning like mad and I've finally clicked that its because my fingers are thinner. Yay! blushgrin

eightytwenty Wed 28-Nov-12 22:45:48

Where is everyone today? Hibernating from cold - or floods?

Upped the pace at my spin class tonight. Was def sweating within 5 mins (took me at least 20 last 2 weeks).

But. Ate a load of leftover galaxy counters and jelly beans which were left over from kids advent calendar (drawer kind).

Apparently still within limits. Though think mpf does over estimate exercise cals?

I'm here, dodgy stomach sad

Oh well....silver linings and all!

Advent calender! Shit! shock Best get me arse down the shops tomorrow!

I'm about, just very busy this week. Next week looks quieter (currently).
Me and Hair are planning to lose 1lb the easy way this afternoon, by giving bloodgrin. Then we can feel thin and virtuous!

MilkshakeMaker Thu 29-Nov-12 09:27:32

I'm here and lurking, struggling a bit atm though so shall continue to stay in the shadows and try and draw from all of your stories, well done everyone you are all doing so well!

FivesAndNorks Thu 29-Nov-12 09:36:19

Sorry to hear you're struggling mm sad
I'm back on it in theory, as of Tuesday. Have logged everything so far and been under cals but not feeling the motivation that I really need for me to lose weight.

eightytwenty Thu 29-Nov-12 11:38:31

Giving blood is going to be on my 2013 to do list. Have never done it before but always mean to.

5 well done for getting back in the zone. I def think its harder at this time of year don't you?

Mm. Sorry to hear you're just lurking at the moment. Is that making you feel worse or better? A few of my friends started losing weight earlier this year --a few months before I started. It actually made me feel worse to start with,but perhaps helped kick me into touch.

I am doing so much exercise (2-3 runs -albeit v slow ones), spinning and 2.5 hours of swimming, that its helping me stay on track. Goal of mini triathlon in may is encouraging me to go even when I can't face it. And I always feel better when I do! Wonder if its easier to focus on the moving more rather than the eating less during the colder months.

Feeling super virtuous today. I cycled to blood donors, and read a library book while giving blood. Nice and quick today, I was seen at 1.30, home by 2.05 including 15 min cycle back!
I'm having smoked salmon and pasta for dinner, I feel I've earned it todaygrin.

MilkshakeMaker Thu 29-Nov-12 17:51:51

Thanks guys, It does make me feel better to lurk, to me it feels like I havn't given up hope if I'm still hanging about...but I have been loosing and gaining the same lbs over and over for over a month now. I posted earlier and I think its helped as I'm under cals today for 1st time in ages and I even thought about doing the shred tonight too!!

IMST that does sound virtuous! We have a blood bank thing that comes to our work but they never let me give because of recent holidays, tattoos etc etc I've promised myself I will def do it next time they come.

Mini triathalon Eighty...cant think of anything worse!!!

FivesandNorks thats great to be unmotivated and still be under cals each day, Surely that shows how well you do when you are motivated!

northender Thu 29-Nov-12 23:09:21

Can I join please? I've had weight and food issues for most of my life and have just started to try to gain long term control of my eating. I feel my issues now are really long standing habits which are so hard to break. Dh is really supportive and also needs to do the same, though on a much smaller scale so at least I'm not on my own. I have several stones to lose but just trying a bit at a time.
I've done 4 days now of controlling what and how much I eat and I feel so much better but it's not easy is it?

Hi northender just wanted to welcome you. I'm on the back end of a night out so will post properly tomorrow.

eightytwenty Fri 30-Nov-12 07:20:28

Welcome from me too. Can entirely relate. All I can say is that it is possible. Not always easy. And I def still have some of the monsters lurking inside. But possible none the less. We are all hear to listen encourage and support.

Good luck.

Keep lurking Milkshake. Over the summer holidays I was just the same. I just seemed to stall but it wasn't an overall steady gain. I only got back into it a few weeks ago but carrying on with this thread meant that I kept it in mind. It really helped.

northender no it's not easy. I find it very hard and I do slip up all the time but you just have to get back to it and not give up when that happens. It is worth it and I'm glad your dh is behind you.

eighty I think you're going to run,bike and swim your demons into the ground. Well done and think about how proud of yourself you'll be in May!

I didn't end up giving blood yesterday because of my stomach bug and I was on a nursery mums' night out. We went for curry but I really didn't eat much. I brought it all home in a doggy bag. My tummy is a little delicate this morning though. I'm getting a bit fed up of it now. sad

reastie Fri 30-Nov-12 18:15:25

Hi north

Hair and Bonkey hope your tummies calm down soon sad how very miserable

Kato how is the house move planning going?

Wowee eighty

Things here plodding along - think I've managed to lose a lb this week <cheers> but all very slow progress given I still can't gym because of my iron, and tbh generally finding things hard as am having anxiety problems. Not giving up but am taking things slowly.

northender Fri 30-Nov-12 18:57:54

Thanks for the welcome smile. I haven't read the whole thread but will slowly pick up your stories. I think its a great idea to have this thread.

I've managed another day of eating well and regularly and so feel proud but all the usual habits/temptations are there at the back of my mind. Still, a day at a time..........

Beyond my own motivation for myself, I need to do this for dd (8) as I don't want her to develop similar issues.

Hello!

Welcome north !

I finally starting to feel better. Still on bland food and coco pops , but sickness has gone I hope and my stomach seems to like me again!

I think I may wiegh in tomorrow and see whats going on. NO idea if Iv'e lost but if I am still in the 11st's I will be a happy bunny!

How you feeling hair?

FivesAndNorks Fri 30-Nov-12 19:13:34

Hi everyone, sorry you're not feeling good Hair sad
Bonkey, glad you're starting to feel better.
Welcome north - completely identify with the food issues. I have got lots of motivation frmo these threads but my issues are portion sixe (less so now, yay!) and bingeing sad
I feel as though I am slowly getting my motivation back but it is hard. Thanks for the motivation MM smile I see what you mean, but I'm at that stage where I'm managing, but I know the slightest thing would have me cramming a kg bar of dairy milk into my mouth sideways - my motivation is really on a knife edge smile Still it is coming back.
Northerners MN meet up for Christmas curry tomorrow, and I have my possible meal all logged (assuming they letme have a starter as a main course), will be having a big breakfast and a lot of wine and will come in 177 cals pver so not too bad

I'm ok thanks. I just feel a bit off.

Norks I'm envy you're going to a meet up. They're fab.

Glad you're feeling better Bonkey. Good luck with your weigh in.

northender doin' it for the kids is a damn good reason if you ask me. smile

Happy December everyonegrin,
Food-wise I'm doing well, lots of walking today, round the German market and the art gallery.
I have in-laws this weekend, and TOTM as well (great combohmm). Thus far I've not let them wind me up too much, they go home on Monday morning anyway. I think I can hold it together that long, probably...

Good luck IMST rather you than me grin

So, I got 3 comments today telling me I had lost weight! Yay! smile

Not great, I also got 4 comments telling me that I look pale and ill hmm . I am naturally very pale anyhoo but I may have to pile on the blusher for a few days if I look that bad...

Still haven't weighed in , keep bloody forgetting!

Sandwiches for tea hmm .

eightytwenty Sat 01-Dec-12 19:24:13

Hair and bonkey - hope feeling better

Well done reastie and northern

I have had an off weekend. Dinner with friends last night. Fizz. Beef Wellington. Dauphinois potatoes. Chocolate orange meringue cake. And today tired and bit hungover. 1/2 chocolate twist at costa. 2 cheese and tuna toastie - 'only 2 slices' but yummy thick cut bread. Various licks from dd1 birthday cake. Chili and then home made lemon tart. (a gift from our lovely former lodger).

So not healthy but all delicious. Will make a concerted effort from tomorrow but am sure I will be 1-2 lb off goal next sat. Not the end of the world but would've liked to get there iykwim.

On the plus side i got loads of nice compliments from friends last night. Even if spanx helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now