Getting healthy and losing weight through the power of MOTIVATION

(965 Posts)

Motivational Monday - where we are motivated to stick to our diet and exercise plans for the rest of the week.
Progess logged on Kato's spreadsheet (if you want to of course)
grin

Morning losers grin

Hair Hope you feel better soon!

Well my first Motivational Monday back. Still don't want 'proper' food so i don't think.it will be too hard.
Sandwiches and coco pops seem to be what i am living off at the. moment hmm

IMST How was the christening?

Good, I had a small piece of banoffee pie, a glass of wine and a bit of quiche, hopefully balanced it with walking round carrying babies around all afternoon to give parents a break.
DH scuppered my plans a bit by making nachos and cheese while I read the bedtime story, so I ate 1/4 of the bowl, and just squeaked under cals!
I need a good day today, I'm out for dinner tonight, set meal so could be anything. All I know is I chose the "meat" option, and it's in a pub.
I have a cold starting so I may do some Pilates or other indoor exercise to mitigate dinner.
I don't feel particularly popular, but just lately it seems I'm out for dinner an awful lot.

Morning all.

There are some upsides to not wanting food Bonkey. grin

IMST it is that season so lots of going out I suppose. As long as its only a couple of pounds on over Christmas you'll be fine.

Well thanks to an horrendous period and having a dodgy tummy I have lost 4lbs this week. 1lb to go until my 11st per Christmas target. I think a lot of what goes on is circumstantial. I put on last week due to a big night out, a Chinese take away and totm so if I'm losing overall then I think it's ok.

Still feeling a little tummy rumbly so I'm going to take it easy today but still no d&v so that's good I suppose.

How is everyone else doing?

FivesAndNorks Mon 26-Nov-12 10:37:47

Glad you're feeling better smile
I'm doing dreadfully. Had a week off and now meant to be getting ack to it. If I can just get through today I'm sure ill get my motivation back.

Just weighed, against all odds I'm down 1lb to 11st 2lbgrin. My life is that sad that it's made my day!

FivesAndNorks Mon 26-Nov-12 10:47:02

Well done grin I daren't get on a scales for a week or so

Well done IMST. With cake too. smile

Come on Norks. You know you can do this. Sit down for a minute and give yourself a talking to. And really mean it. Then pick your chin up, get on with it and drink a pint of warm water. You can get through the day and the rest of the week.

On a more sympathetic note I hope you get back on it. Don't waste all your hard work. Do it now before Christmas kicks in or you'll regret it.

FivesAndNorks Mon 26-Nov-12 11:05:50

Thanks that has reallly helped. I will let you know how I've got on and if I don't come back you can assume I've fallen off the wagon again smile

Well done IMST smile

Norks Stick with it!

I haven't stepped on the scales for a few weeks, bit scared to tbh. I feel better because I'm 'empty' iyswim, but I have eaten a fair bit of bread in the last week and when I eat bread I maintain or gain! confused

I'm on a mission today to drink buckets of water! Only thing I have'nt tried to shift the remains of the bug thats hung around for weeks and it might help my cold in the process!

Bonkey weeks? sad I hope it clears soon.

I heard on the radio something that made so much sense. You know how they say about drinking lots of water to aid weight loss and feel healthier. Well it's because your body is eighty percent water. I never put the two facts together before but it's kind of obvious when you think about it v<thick>

Oops. The random v was meant to be a full stop. blush

I had the D&V the week before halloween, then halloween night i got it again! <lucky girl me hmm >

A few days after I felt a bit better and tried to eat a meal and it promptly came straight back out sad
Since then I keep getting waves of sickness or have had a cold or something , the only thing I want too or will risk eating is cereal and sandwiches.

Actually writing that down makes me wonder if its a psychological thing - scared to eat 'real' food in case it ends with me in the bathroom for hours.....

That sounds grim Bonkey. I know everyone asks this but you're not pregnant are you? grin

grin
Funny you should say that.....I think not...however, my friend mentioned it Friday and made me paranoid so I will be POAS to rule it out. Haven't had a chance to get one yet though.

I am 99% it will be neg! But it needs to be ruled out for definite!

FivesAndNorks Mon 26-Nov-12 12:08:00

Ooh how exciting (seem to remember you saying you were planning to ttc some time in next few years, so am assuming it would be a good thing...was tht you?)
But I think you're probably right, really nasty bugs can leave you off kilter for quite a long time after you're "better".

I've just de haired and de black gunked the shower drain. Successfully put off my lunch now grin I can upload pics for anyone who would also like to be put off their food? grin

No thanks Norks. I think I'll manage without! grin

Yes it was me but the timing would be awful atm.
I'm stupidly busy with the jewellery (which is great) , ds's birthday is in two weeks, along with a party for 20+ kids shock , then christmas, then new year....

I could very much do without the stress of that right this minute, it would be alot to get my head round.....but it doesn't matter because I am almost certain I'm not! grin

Did you Veet it?

FivesAndNorks Mon 26-Nov-12 12:36:41

No I've tried that before and have to say I wasn't impressed, lump of veet sat in the plughol then eventually got washed away with no noticeable improvement, to me anyway. Maybe I did it wrong.

I haven't ever tried it.

Dh does the plughole wink

reastie Mon 26-Nov-12 13:59:54

<shudders at plughole talk>

Bonkey keep us updated with the POASing. FWIW I had a bug a few years ago where I was ill for 6 weeks shock - it went on and on and I thought I'd never get better by the end! I went to my GP and she just shrugged and said there was one going around at the time which lasted for ages.

Well, weigh in this morning. DH had moved the scaled angry which is never a good thing as you have to have them exactly in the same place or else they give a completely different reading <sigh>. A bit of wiggling with the scales and I think I have maintained this week. Which is fine. Still on target for christmas aim. Have been suffering alot with IBS this week end again so that might have bloated me a bit for the weigh in. Have been signed off work this week with anxiety issues so hoping I can get relaxed so I can cope a bit better for the next few weeks.

reastie I hope you get some peace and feel better soon. Well done on your maintain. Have you had good comments at work yet?

Negative!! <phew>

Just a this bloody bug hanging on then....<slightly fed up>

Todays food intake:
-Coco pops with milk
-A ham baguette
-Some fruit pastels
hmm

FivesAndNorks Tue 27-Nov-12 09:40:22

Glad you got the result you wanted. I assumed your list was for today and did think that was quite. A lot to have eaten by 9am!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now