Getting healthy and losing weight through the power of MOTIVATION

(965 Posts)

Motivational Monday - where we are motivated to stick to our diet and exercise plans for the rest of the week.
Progess logged on Kato's spreadsheet (if you want to of course)
grin

steppe as the others have said, wait a week and I bet it pays off.

northender you have a week to put it right before you get on the scales. You can do it.

I'm having a good week so far. It's been ages since I've got to Wednesday and have still been motivated. Long may it last!

I'm very motivated today, landed a decent gig at a special school today for decent money so I've been dancing around the house for a while to celebrategrin
Down side, I've been cooking a steak and ale casserole all day, and it smells so delicious it's made me hungry all day. I've snacked. Twice. A toffifee this morning and half a bag of crisps this afternoon. I suppose at least I stopped at half a bag...
<dances some more to work off the crisps>

IMST that's fantastic!! You so deserve it. I'm really pleased for you. smile

Steak and ale casserole. Mmmmmm

A good day here. No snacking again so far. smile

reastie Thu 07-Feb-13 08:04:14

IMST that's great news. Massive grin to dancing around to work off the bag of crisps.

Good day for me yesterday. Feeling like I'm really getting there with the WL. Googled motivational before and after WL pictures online the other day to motivate me further, I know that sounds cheesy but it genuinely helped and made me feel like it's possible for me to actually be slim one day, maybe I can extend my final target of fitting into my size 16 pre preg clothes to being slimmer than I was pre preg hmm .

Taking DD out for lunch today as a treat and the only thing on the menu I can eat with my special diet is cheese baked potato, hoping to limit damage by giving DD as much of the cheese from my plate as I can manage as she loves cheese wink

DH had to weigh some cables he sold on eBay, in the process he weighed himself and found out he's 13st 5lb with a BMI of 28.5. This was quite a shock to him as he's always felt his weight was fine. On the back of this he has agreed to do Pilates with me this evening for 30 minutes.
DS (11yo) on the other hand, always borderline underweight, is on a hunger drive and seems to be eating about 10 meals a day!

Well done IMST smile , and would your DH join us?
reastie, glad to hear you sounding so motivated, Hair too, nice to hear about good days
I am desperate to keep up the good work today, seem to have a problem with motivation on days I'm working from home at the moment. Just need to not think about it...

IMST/Hair, you don't live anywhere near Sale do you? Because I might be there in April if you fancy meeting up? If you're nowhere near there though, I'll go for the other option (London)

Both in Sale SPB. Would love to meet up. Just say when nearer the time. smile

I've been to the optician thus morning for an irritated eye. I have another ulcer. sad Antibiotics and another visit tomorrow. It's the second one in 18 months and I live in fear that he's going to tell me I can't wear my lenses any more.

Good food day again yesterday and it should be again today. We're having freezer surprise for dinner and I know it won't be calorie laden as I made it all.

reastie enjoy your lunch. I'm glad to hear you sounding positive. smile

shock what are the chances?! I knew you lived "over Manchester way" but had no idea of where.
Hope your eye gets sorted, sounds very painful sad

looking as though it will be the evening of the 10th April - any good?
Also, how easy/how do I get from Manchester station to Sale?
(sorry for treating you both like tourist info)

I so read that with a Harry Hill voice. grin

Are you up for work. Two NHS hospitals near here.

Ooh if it's The Priory I want the gossip! shock

10th is good for me.

Two big stations in Manchester, both on the metrolink and so is Sale. Very, very easy.

KatoPotato Thu 07-Feb-13 11:33:18

I'm travelling to Manchester with work in April (the Priory!) let me see if I can cleverly diarise it??

That would be great! A meet up. Yay. grin

It all depends on if I survive TheSecondComing's birthday party too. She has twenty mn'ers going. shockgrin

Yes, its work, but ill be at the arts centre! Thanks for info about trains.

Woo hoo! Shall I start a thread and see if there are any other mners who want to come or shall we keep it motivational? I assume there's np one else on this thread who lives nearby?

Not 100% confirmed yet...I mustn't get too excited...

Ooh x post. Kato hope you can make it!

Loads of Manchester mn'ers. You have been warned!!

Will you be at the WaterSide then? <nosey>

That's the one. I'll be presenting the award-winning picture I painted of sheep in a field when I was 8 grin

grin I have no idea if I should take that seriously or not!!

Not really! My lack of artistic talent is topped only by my lack of musical talent

You'll be in good company then!

reastie Thu 07-Feb-13 13:25:55

Well I'm nowhere near Manchester so can't join in sad . You'll have to post piccies if you do have a meet up so I can live vicariously through you all grin

sad reastie. No chance of you moving before then?
<overreacts slightly>
So excited to be having a motivational meetup!!
I am now gripped with a fear I am going to put on 3 stone between now and then, and so they'll look at me and think "I thought she had lost weight" grin

Aww reastie you'll have to see if there are any motivational mondayers near you.

I turn my back for a few hours and find everyone converging on Manchester!
April 10 is fine by me (as long as we're not going to the king's ransom - it's dire!)
I'm certain you'll look at me and think "flippin' 'eck, she wasn't lying when she said she was shortshock"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now