Getting healthy and losing weight through the power of MOTIVATION

(965 Posts)

Motivational Monday - where we are motivated to stick to our diet and exercise plans for the rest of the week.
Progess logged on Kato's spreadsheet (if you want to of course)
grin

KatoPotato Wed 14-Nov-12 09:37:23

Vodka, soda and line in a tall glass. Winner! Add some angastourie bitters for a cocktail edge!

Yes, and no kebabs... Unless its officially Saturday and you can spend the rest of the day eating crackers...

Alcohol has a fair few calories, but without the sugar it's too unpalatable to consume much of.

Aahhh. Mojitos have 250 calories. That them out. Vodka, lime and soda may be the thing.

come round and do a couple of hours of pilates on Friday, that'll burn a few hundred calories, or have a good long jog.
Rake the leaves in the garden.
I'm a firm believer in enjoying life, and "paying off" excess in advance.

KatoPotato Wed 14-Nov-12 11:32:00

Couldn't have put it better IMST and Pilates will make you feel tres virtuous!

nochipsthanks Wed 14-Nov-12 13:20:47

Hi everyone,
Hope your days are going well.
I did not even try the 5:2 diet as I just knew it would play havoc with my starve and binge tendencies anyway. My biggest problem is learning to eat normally!
Oh I LOVE mojitos.
I think I am doing okay. Usually on my days in at work I would have a kebab for lunch (as a ‘treat’) but today reminded myself that I no longer have the choice (or that my choices have already been decided) , and had a lovely bowl of carrot soup with a bread roll instead. Feel much better about that. Have had 2 alcohol free days, and another once scheduled today. I think I may have lost tomorrow, but we shall see. I am determined to just relax, not panic and to take each day as it comes. Am loving porridge for breakfast- and I have never been a fan before!
WI tomorrow…..
Have good days!

Well done nochips. You have your plan and you're sticking to it.

Thanks for the offer IMST but pilates hurts! I think I'll stick to leaf sweeping and I have dd's bedroom to paint. Also I walked round the Trafford Centre for two hours today. I bought two pairs of trousers and also m-uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.2/2333220451this from Monsoon. That should have used some calories. I'm exhausted! smile

reastie Wed 14-Nov-12 16:39:56

Ohh hair what a stunning dress - love it. I'm still waiting hmm for my phase eight delivery of dresses I placed at the week end

Got my first proper 'ohh, haven't you lost weight' comment from someone at work today. It felt great! So far only one friend has noticed, and, tbh she's so lovely and complimentary in general she may have just been being nice so it didn't count as much, but clearly it must be being noticed grin

Thanks reastie. I can't believe you've not had more comments. You've lost so much.

I think sometimes people don't really look or they only see what they expect to see iykwim.

reastie Wed 14-Nov-12 16:55:59

Thanks hair tbh I think it's as I put on weight over a short period during and after pg. My usual weight for me is around a size 16, it's just I put on <coughs> 5 stone through pg and bfing, so, for me, I'm still fatter than normal IYKWIM. Maybe people expect me to be slimmer than I currently am, so although I've lost weight I still don't look slim for my normal self, just a bit closer to my normal self. I think I made that sound more complicated than it was!

I know what you mean. grin

MilkshakeMaker Wed 14-Nov-12 20:53:52

So how is the week going for everyone?

Its TOTM for me so carbs are currently my bestfriend, I have however technically still been under cals each day but I've hardly eaten healthy..

I'm hoping moving a sofa down 4 flights of stairs has worked off todays lunch as I'm pretty sure I'll barely be able to move when I wake up tomorrow!

eightytwenty Wed 14-Nov-12 23:02:45

Well done reastie.

What is wrong with me. (Or should that be right?!). I have done 3 consecutive days of shred (last 2 at level 3 which nearly killed me) and tonight I did my first full spin class. Totm for me too so am always a bit heavier but hope it will pay off next week.

eightytwenty Wed 14-Nov-12 23:02:57

Well done reastie.

What is wrong with me. (Or should that be right?!). I have done 3 consecutive days of shred (last 2 at level 3 which nearly killed me) and tonight I did my first full spin class. Totm for me too so am always a bit heavier but hope it will pay off next week.

eightytwenty Thu 15-Nov-12 08:15:16

Swiftly followed by scoffing buttercream off two cakes and a cup of hot chocolate. While I had loads of cals spare this isn't exactly normal is it. Old habits die hard.

nochipsthanks Thu 15-Nov-12 08:17:32

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone is well this morning. eighty I am exhausted just reading about your fitness regime!

10 stone 10 this morning, so in theory a 3 pound loss. But I am not so sure. i think when i was 10.13 last week i was a bit bloated, but am willing to believe that i have lost some weight.

So, the same regime for me this week, but will tweak it slightly. Last week i more often than not had butter with my roll and soup, so shall take that out. And I DID have wine last night, after a horror day when i came within a whisker of stuffing a project up due purely to the fact I was not paying close enough attention to it. (In my 'sort of' defence, I am massively overstretched right now, and have told the boss for weeks i have too much on my plate, but still I felt utterly ill when i realised I had forgotten to register online for something crucial). So a nice 2 glass of wine on the train home. Thankfully it was all okay... I think!

Off to slimming world tonight. And I am about to make the next batch of soup- red pepper and tomato.

That is a gorgeous dress hair. Love the colour, but also love that particular style.

Have a great day everyone!

nochipsthanks Thu 15-Nov-12 08:19:52

Oh, i meant to write yesterday Oblomov where are you? Come back and join us! How are things, and I recall you had a terrible stress with your friend. Is that all okay now?

Hope all is well.

thanks

Moning everyone smile

So I wanted to reveal my new plan, as I think it might help me stick to it if you know!

- At least 3 x gym/exercise sessions a week - going ok so far with bums legs and tums on Monday and spinning yesterday. Will gym or swim tomorrow
- Not to worry about slight blips, but to immediately knuckle back down
- Be happy about the winter as it means porridge for breakfast and soup for lunch, both good things that I genuinely like
- And not to deny myself a treat when it's genuinely deserved like last night's Prosecco and Percy Pigs to celebrate my promotion but not to see food as a reward/cheering up tool at other times

I will try and enter on the spreadsheet tomorrow...

Oooh congratulations!
I think your second point is the most important for me. I'm trying to do it but its hard. But the fact is, having a bad day is not a reason to stop, assuming you do want to lose the weight sooner or later - might as well be sooner!
Sounds like you have a good plan and lots of motivation

I had a sneaky weigh in today, 11 4, down 2 on Monday. My BMI has just squeaked under 31 (30.99), and several people today have commented in my slimness. 10 -something by Christmas is very achievable, and I'm starting to think even 10 8 may be possible! It would be nice to be a solid size 12 for Christmas.

Well done grin

eightytwenty Fri 16-Nov-12 07:34:45

Well done imst.

I am have lost another 1lb. Now 11 11.5. 1.5 to go to 2 stone. 4.5lb to wedding weight. 11lb to go into overweight bmi. That still feels a long way off. I will aim for that for my 40th on 1 feb.

Went for 2.5 mile run/ walk yesterday. Surprised myself I went that far. But was running with a v fit 63 yr old who kept me going.

Anyone got any Xmas strategies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now