Getting healthy and losing weight through the power of MOTIVATION

(965 Posts)

Motivational Monday - where we are motivated to stick to our diet and exercise plans for the rest of the week.
Progess logged on Kato's spreadsheet (if you want to of course)
grin

eighty hope the hangover is better and dh has got down from his high horse a little.

I feel more positive today. I think it may have to do with getting organised. I'm hopefully going to cut out the snacking today.

Lollipop I know what you mean about finding it easier on your own. Dh is obsessed about me "eating properly". It's been easier since I bought the Hairy Dieters book as he still gets a substantial meal but with less calories so he's backed off a bit.

Right. I have come to a decision. Lots of people on other threads on MN say low carbing will help with dropping clothes sizes, so I'm attempting it.

This will probably not be fun, but will hopefully get me into that size 14 before my two friends get married.

Eek shock

Knotally I think there is no competition because I am 5.5" taller than IMST and our start and end goals are so different. I will admit to being envy as she's been so consistent.

Lollipop good luck with your new plan.

Also, we're not really competitive people, too laid back for all thatsmile.
A good day today, I've been too busy helping the DCs do jigsaws today to snack at all. I'm off to make a cup of tea though (mid afternoon slump).

Hair the new plan has gone out the window! I looked at all the things I wouldn't be able to eat, and when I'm eating really healthily, they're my staples! Plus I did try a while back and it made me feel a bit ick, so going to stick to the way that works smile

Booked my skating lesson for tomorrow, even though the rink will probably be busy.

reastie Wed 02-Jan-13 18:44:11

Lolipop IMO low carbing isn't great for the long term and it's very constipation inducing - general healthy changes for life are better long term approaches. Good luck with the skating. I'm useless but I love skating. Nowhere near me to go sadly sad

Well, I'm not going too great - seem to be eating more than I should for over a week now. Hoping if I do put on any weight it will shock me into being stricter. I blame DH being off work as he eats rubbish all the time which makes me eat more. In one week he had 3 packs of mince pies, a tin of quality street, a chocolate orange, a bix box of chocolates, and a container of celebrations. And that's n addition to normal meals and some cakey snacks. And he's so slim envy . I know long term I'll get there, it's just this bit will take a bit slower.

OK, have salad packed for post skate lunch tomorrow, and have a job interview lined up for next Wednesday. Also getting called tomorrow about another job I applied for through an employment agency.

So yeah, could be an interesting few weeks.

You have to do what works for you Lollipop. Enjoy the skating tomorrow.

reastie omg that is a huge amount. I'm envy too. shock
I'm not surprised you've found it hard!

Good luck for the job interview LV!
Best thing about being back on the diet - not waking up feeling ashamed of the amount I ate the day before, and overwhelmed at the thought of getting back on the diet.

I had a thin moment last night, I put on my old pyjama bottoms, looked down at their "clown trouser" drape, and thought "these used to be tightgrin".
I really need to go clothes shopping once term time starts.
DS tried goat's cheese yesterday and didn't have an allergic reaction (we were watching anxiously with antihistamine at the ready), that increases his diet options enormouslysmile.

Briliabt to both!
How is everyone getting on?

northender Thu 03-Jan-13 17:01:39

Great stuff IMST on both counts.
I've had a big clear out day today as not only is it the year to change my shape but also to be frugal too! My kitchen cupboards revealed lots of food slightly worse for wear but I don't want to throw things out unless I really have to. Hence there are now 2 teabreads in the oven, made with dried fruit revived in tes. I'll be good and put them in the freezer though. We also seem to have a lot of crisps etc left over from Christmas so they are going to be put out in the garage where they are harder to access so less likely to be picked at constantly. Anyway, feel so much better for having had the sort out.

Will be back to the gym for the first time in ages next week. I've always had issues with food and weight over the years but 2.5 years ago I had got myself to the fittest I'd been for years and was about to do the Great North Run. I then started to have chest problems which lasted on and off for almost 2 years. It's a long term problem but has been well-controlled since June 2012 so I now really need to get my fitness back and hope that if I control my eating too then the weight will gradually fall off.

Sorry for the long post!

Phew <collapses into big comfy chair>

So tired! 2 hour skate today, including a 15 minute lesson. I am achy, tired but oh so happy.

Food wise... Not too bad I don't think. Had lunch out, and did have dessert, but didn't finish it, and now know where the healthy options are on the menu for next time smile Dinner and breakfast were healthy so it sort of balances out, right? ;)

MFP has gone "if every day were like today, you'd weigh 165.something pounds in 5 weeks".

If every day were like today, I think I'd be dead! grin

Oooh, and the man from the employment agency phoned - he was really impressed with me after we had a chat, and is going to speak to the MD of the company about getting me an interview for the role.

Apparently I understand what the company wants, and they've had people with 5 years sales experience fall apart at interview, because in this company, the sale can take place over a few weeks, as you need to build a rapport with the clients. The fact that I've done work for the CAB and have sales experience, and understand the way I'd need to think about selling, are all plus points apparently.

Was very nice to be told, "Miss LV, honestly, you're brilliant. You understand the industry this company is involved in, and seem to have the drive to take on their training and run with it" <beams>

Not saying too much yet as you never know who's reading smile

Maryz Thu 03-Jan-13 21:36:57

hmm, this thread looks interesting.

Do you welcome newbies?

I'm not sure I'm motivatable though sad.

BonkeyMollocks Thu 03-Jan-13 21:41:38

Maryz We love newbies and have a very powerful collection of boots for boots in the backside.

Also lots of positivity! grin

Maryz Thu 03-Jan-13 21:47:26

Thanks Bonkey. I muttering and grumbling and looking around her atm with great intentions for Monday when the kids go back to school.

I am seeing if I can go back to Shirley's eat lots method, as I lost half a stone without trying on that, and got much fitter. Unfortunately I only lasted about a month.

I will reregister on mfp as well.

Heck, I might even go for a walk.

<slugs last of Christmas wine, in hopeful manner>

Tentative congratulations LV, fingers crossed for you, also, sounds like a great skating session, you've earned a dessert.
Maryz welcome to the thread, we're all doing it our own way and are at different points on our journey.

LV that sounds fantastic (both the agency feedback and the exercise). And leaving dessert??? (was it not very nice? wink)

Welcome MaryZ, why do you want to lose weight and how much do you hvae to lose (you don't have to give us exact figures!)

Just to remind myself as it's the new year

- I was heading towards diabetes, joint problems, maybe some heart trouble in my 40s
- I broke a garden chair at my parents'
- I wore the least worst of whatever fit out of my wardrobe
- I want the DCs to grow up with their parents at a healthy weight (but I'm also being very careful about what messages I'm sending about dieting)

Just done shred again for first time in months, my fat is weeping

That sounds positive Lollipop. Fingers crossed for you.

Welcome MaryZ. Take your time. Hope you find the support here as wonderful as I have.

Stealth I'm very impressed at exercise this early in the morning. I'm not even dressed!

Out for lunch today. It's my niece' 13th birthday so I'm out with all dh's family. They're nice enough but I'm really not in the mood. Ds was up four times last night and dh was singing loudly in his sleep so I'm pretty tired. sad

BonkeyMollocks Fri 04-Jan-13 10:27:33

Morning....Im bloody ill again sad This time.its a bugger of a cold ....
Docs later - Will they give me a cocktail of vitamins on.prescription do.you think? hmm

Oh and today its TOTM so i feel super shit sad

<wallows in self pity>

BonkeyMollocks Fri 04-Jan-13 10:29:03

hair Your DH sings in his sleep!?!?

Well done Stealth !

Oh no sad

Sometimes Bonkey! He talks a lot usually. The best was instructions on how to put up shelves in French!

Last night's efforts were real belters xfactor style!! grin

BonkeyMollocks Fri 04-Jan-13 10:45:53

grin

My DH its bolt upright sometimes and.goes 'urrrrrrr urrrrrr' . A swift kick.normally does the trick wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now