Getting healthy and losing weight through the power of MOTIVATION

(965 Posts)

Motivational Monday - where we are motivated to stick to our diet and exercise plans for the rest of the week.
Progess logged on Kato's spreadsheet (if you want to of course)
grin

Hi everyone just guiltily checking in. Diet is on again on Wednesday. Lviv, so sorry, hope 2013 bring better things. Bonkey, can't believe you're ill again, hope you can get well xx

SPB why are you in disguise? grin

BonkeyMollocks Mon 31-Dec-12 17:52:27

SPB Stealth aka Norks....is that you? grin

reastie Mon 31-Dec-12 18:24:01

I found you! You lot dropped off my 'I'm on' threads and I had to hunt you out grin

Oh bonkey hope you feel better soon (again) that it absolute rubbish.

My new years resolution is to get over the MH problems I'm dealing with which are rubbish and life limiting at the minute. I've started with a CBT therapist and really need to sort myself out. Let 2013 be the year I deal with all that and get on with living life without worry. My new years resolution last year was to lose the baby weight - I'm 4/5 there now so I think I managed that one pretty well!

Oh lollipop sorry about your exbf problems. Btw I'll join you on the rock and roll front - I'll be reading my book and in bed by 10pm!

Was thinking I actually haven't been too bad over christmas. I had a baked potato on christmas day instead of roasties and no pudding. I have had chocolate but tried not to go too OTT. I've been eating more than normal for sure but also I've done some exercising to try to counteract it and I know it's just a temporary thing, I'm not going to have a diet like this all year. Overall, this is a great change from last christmas. I have even allowed some photos to be taken of me (usually I shy away in embarrassment of how fat I look) although tbh I still look fat, just more chubby than obese IYKWIM. Makes me realise how big I must've been before though considering how big I still look sad

reastie I think you've done amazingly. It would have been easy to make excuses and give up but you didn't. Considering what you've had to deal with I think you should be really proud of yourself. I hope you begin to get better next year and well done on the cbt. smile

How did you all guess? grin
Silly thread about sock puppeting
reastie, I wonder how many people actually manage their new year's resolutions? Very few I bet. I think you've proved you can do anything if you put your mind to it. I wonder if there is a support thread for you to deal with your other issues as well? (but don't leave us!!)

BonkeyMollocks Mon 31-Dec-12 19:28:10

reastie You have done amazingly well!
I have never stuck to a resolution hmm .

*New resolution - Stick to resolutions! grin

Happy new year everyone. I stick to resolutions because I make them achievable (although one if my aims for last year was to learn to read music, and I started my own business insteadgrin).
I am very determined once I set my mind on something you may have noticed
So, this year, toning up and a successful business, and dragging TheOneWithTheHair out into the sunshine as much as possible. Sounds achievable, I might even learn to read music toogrin.

Happy New Year everyone!

So today is Day 1, and this is my year. My year to lose this weight, my year to get a job I'll enjoy, better myself, and generally be the best person i CAN BE.

So, on the weight loss front - I'm planning to go skating on Thursday, and look into going to the local running track soon, as I think the concession card I'll have for swimming works there too. All of that, plus swimming should help me shift the pounds.

Happy New Year everyone.

Uugh. Going to bed at 2am and being woken at 6 is not great. I'm full of a cold too. I think I'm going to need strong doses of caffeine to see me through today.

I am planning on hitting my target weight this year. I have about 1 - 1 1/2 stone depending on how I look.

That would be a good achievement for me. smile

All those exercise plans sound great Lollipop.

Happy new year! Here's to a motivational 2013 smile

The running is still a maybe, it's a bit of a trek on two buses, so don't know if it's viable really. But the pool is 20 minutes away by bus, so definitely doable smile

Hmmph, just done the NHS BMI thing, apparently, I need to be 8 stone something to be healthy, I knew 12 stone wasn't great, but I thought healthy would be about 9 stone. Clearly not.

And I've forgotten to eat breakfast again, am hungry and going to forage for fruit in a minute.

LV are you a shorty like me? My "ideal" weight is 8 stone exactly as I'm only 5ft. I'm aiming for the top end of the healthy range, 9st 3 in my case, by the summer.

BonkeyMollocks Tue 01-Jan-13 13:26:26

LV My 'ideal' is jusy under 9st - however I was very happy and healthy and thin at bang on 10. My BMI was just under 25 at this weight the top end of 'healthy'.

Sometimes the top end of the scale suits better.

BMI is handy for keeping track and knowing when your pushing it butust use it as a guide! If your in range(even top end) and feel better and healthier then don't worry too much! smile

I'm 5 ft 2, so yep, a shorty! I'm aiming for about a stone off by March, if I can behave myself enough!

Just logged all my food for today, including dinner (otherwise I forget to do it later) and I've got calories left to play with smile

eightytwenty Tue 01-Jan-13 20:46:22

Happy ny all

Bonkey - poor you. Hope dr has some answers.

Lv - I'm also a 5ft er. I think the low end of bmi must make you v slim. Think 9 - 9.5 stone would be fine. Though still a v long way off.

Reastie - sounds like you have a plan.

Welcome back spb

Imst and hair - does it help having someone in rl to work with? You're both v focussed. Imst - what's The closest you've been to 9stone? I was about 10 stone at uni, and was def curvy, but didn't look too overweight.

So my ny was a bit of a disaster. I am a moderate drinker and know my limits. But not last night. I drank so much that I fell asleep on ds2's bed, woke and puked all over it and him. Had to be undressed by friend and put to bed in her bed. (Kids were sleeping there while we went to the pub). Have been in bed all day, still being sick. Mean time v cross Dh has been left washing, drying and ironing all their sheets. Not one to be proud of. However I saw the silver lining... And am able to record a 1lb loss. 11.6. Even if just for today.

eightytwenty Tue 01-Jan-13 20:47:27

Oh and lv, I can't recommend swimming lessons enough. They make it into a workout in a way that I wouldn't have done without.

reastie Tue 01-Jan-13 21:18:12

I'm sorry but I'm envy and giggling at this talk of 9 stone - I think last time I saw such a number on the scales I was about 13! I don't think I'll ever get there but in the long run I would absolutely love to get to 11 stone or thereabouts as then I'd be tilting on the high range of 'normal' (and for me I think I'd look relatively slim at that weight. Still got around half a stone before I get to 'overweight' from obese though blush

lollipop hope you reach your march aim. Good luck on the running

SPB you are really confusing me now with your nn changes - they'll have to invent a sign for you so you can be all Prince the artist formally known as like and just be known by that wink

Hair hope you feel better soon

eighty oh dear. I hope you had a good time at least to see in the new year.

eightytwenty Tue 01-Jan-13 21:24:45

Me too reastie 6lb before I'm just overweight!

I've been starving today. I think it's because I have to get used to eating properly again. It shouldn't take too long though hopefully.

I took the younger dcs for a walk along the river today so sticking to my plan of getting out more.

eighty I can't speak for IMST but I've found it has helped me loads to have a rl friend to do this with. Especially as she's on here too. I'm not sure I'd have stuck with it so long and I'd have definitely have been less honest iyswim?

Do you know what I'm finding is actually making things easier? Not having someone telling me I'm beautiful as I am. It was lovely, but it meant I sort of slacked off a bit - he said he'd hate it if I dropped below a size 10. I'm sure he was helping me sabotage myself (going for lunch at places where healthy options are few and far between, and saying "you've been to the gym, you need to eat something substantial to get your energy back")... I realize I have complete free will, but he really didn't help my lack of willpower!

Wonder if I could get into a size 14 by March??

Oh eighty! But morenfool your dh for ironing!
Lv what size are you now? You posted a photo of you going to a wedding a little while ago didn't you? Would have put you much above a 14 then.
Diet restarts in earnest tomorrow. Have been dreadful. Will give it a week or two before I get weighed and asses the damage

I'm a 16, and probably near the top end of that, at least on the bottom. The top half I can wear a 14 in some shops, it's my waist/hips/thighs that are the 16. I think swimming and skating will soon tone them up though smile

KnotallyTackered Wed 02-Jan-13 04:35:07

Yeah I like how Hair and IMST have got it too, wish some of you lived my way! Every time I talk to rl friend about weight loss she turns weird and without saying it outright, everything is a competition so I don't talk about it to her anymore. I end up defensive and failing!

Irons bedsheets? I must be a right sloth blush

I like having Hair to confess chat to IRL as well as on here, certainly keeps me on the straight and narrowgrin.
Eightytwenty, the last time I was 10 6 (my current weight) was when I got married, the last time I was below 10st was when I was working 15 hour days, doing A levels, getting 5 hours a night sleep back in the day... a few years back.
I've been digging party dresses from 10 13 years ago out from the back of the wardrobe and finding them a bit loosegrin
One of these days I'll brave trying on my wedding dress. I never thought that would ever fit againblush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now