Getting healthy and losing weight through the power of MOTIVATION

(965 Posts)

Motivational Monday - where we are motivated to stick to our diet and exercise plans for the rest of the week.
Progess logged on Kato's spreadsheet (if you want to of course)
grin

PILs produced baklava they bought in the German market, insisted I had some, so I chose the smallest one. With all the walking I'm still under on net cals, but over on base cals and fat for today. It did taste very good though, definitely worth it.
Even MIL noticed I had lost weight (DH told me, there's no way she'd give me a direct compliment). I'm getting more of the "flipping heck, you have lost a lot of weight haven't you" comments now, which are a massive ego boost. I'll weigh on Monday, hopefully I'll be 11stone for my birthday on Thursday then spoil it with all the cake

northender Sat 01-Dec-12 23:12:07

IMST its about choices isnt it? with the baklava you ate it but the smallest piece. Up to now I'd have gone for a big piece and then lost all willpower and spiralled down. Today I took dd and 2 friends to cinema then kfc. I had 2 pieces of chicken but no fries or anything else. It was a treat, something we hardly ever do. I don't feel deprived. Will be back on track tomorrow smile

Aaarrrggghh. My tummy is better so obviously I've sabotaged any good that's come from it.

Spent the afternoon at my parents celebrating three of our December birthdays. Obviously this involved the most delicious birthday cake. Chocolate no less and I had a biggish slice. We also had Dominoes last night.

I was looking forward to weigh in as I thought I'd done ok. Dreading it now.

Why do I do this to myself?!?

eightytwenty Sun 02-Dec-12 19:02:25

Me too one. Had planned to be back on it today forgetting I had made chocolate cake for dd1 birthday. Also ended up having a scone mid am and lemon tart for pudding. All small portions but hardly sensible!!!

25 min swim will barely cover 1/2 scone. Bums.

I'm still here! Just stricken with some sort of awful achy virus that's giving me an upset tummy but not in a d&v way, it just feels like I have d&v?

Also feel like someone's kicked in my shoulder blades.

Git hundreds to do before house move.,.

Wahhh

Went out for dinner, but made good choices. I had fishcakes and winter veg, drank water instead of wine, and didn't have any pudding even though everyone else did. I even walked there and back. Pudding refusal was the hardest choice, as PILs kept giving me looks as they ate pudding.

Morning and Happy Motivational Monday!

I have weighed in and am in the 11st's!! I am.saying no.more because overtime i tell all i end up falling off the wagon so I am trying a new tactic!

Still not eating great. Managed a meal yesterday which was the first hot real i have had for weeks so fingers crossed everything is.getting back to.normal!

How are we all.on this wet cold.morning? smile

eightytwenty Mon 03-Dec-12 09:09:36

Well done bonkey!

I am 1/2 lb down. Obviously weekend has not caught up on me yet. Snow and ice here which may put pain to running this week.

Hi Kato. Good to see you're still with us. Are you moving before Christmas?

Well done Bonkey and eighty. All losses are good losses.

I've lost 1lb this week which puts me on exactly 11st. I'm excited that I might be in the 10s before Christmas. smile

I'm down another 2lb, looks like I might actually be in the 10s club for my birthday (and then kicked out because of excesses on my birthday).
11 0 today, and BMI is at 30.34, nearly out of obese, I'd say another week and my Mii will stop looking like the Michelin womangrin.

That's great IMST. You're allowed to have treats on your birthday!

I bought a copy of the Hairy Dieters cook book and so I'm going to do something out of that for dinner. Has anyone tried any good recipes from it?

northender Mon 03-Dec-12 11:15:28

Well done everyone. I'm going to weigh in either Tues or Wed. I don't have scales at home any more so I have to use a set in a clinic room at work.

Glad you're feeling a bit better SKBM.

I've had a good weekend in terms of controlling the amounts I've eaten but not in terms of what it was iyswim. Still, that's my priority at the moment and I feel fairly confident I will have lost a few pounds.

Well I'm impressed. I just made sweet and sour chicken from the Fake-aways section. It looks and tastes just like the real thing and it's only about 280calories per portion without rice. The portions are big so not much rice needed either. I'm happy with that. smile

reastie Mon 03-Dec-12 14:21:21

That's great hair . I teach my students a sweet and sour chicken recipe where I work and use the recipe alot at home - it's really not v difficult and so much nicer/healthier than a pack. Let me know if you like the book as I've been wondering whether to get it

Kato hope you feel better soon - lots of nasty bugs about at the minute sad

Took DD to see father christmas today. She loved it. I admit I struggled with all the people (anxiety issues) there but managed to get through it for DDs sake. She keeps saying 'mis mis' (father christmas) and 'knee' as she's really proud she sat on his knee wink

I'll let you know reastie. From looking through I think I'm going to like it though. I'd forgotten you teach cooking.

Well done for getting out even though it caused you anxiety. You should be proud and I'm glad your dd enjoyed it. smile

FivesAndNorks Mon 03-Dec-12 15:08:35

Hi, sounds like everyone's doing so well. envy of people looking
at 10s something!
Reastie well done for getting out and your dd sounds so lovely smile

northender Mon 03-Dec-12 15:37:13

fives I'm nearer 20st than 10 but you have to start somewhere grin. But yes, very envy

Well done on getting out Reastie

eightytwenty Tue 04-Dec-12 14:20:41

How are we all doing today?

Am back on it after the weekends indulgences. Though will be off again by Thursday as the party weekend starts! Must be super good for the next few days.

Today I sorted out my website, coloured an illustrated story, and made my birthday cake, ready for Thursday (in case it goes horribly wrong, a likely scenario as I don't much care for measuring or sifting). It's a kind of sticky toffee pudding, I haven't tasted any though.

Today I woke up grumpy and stayed that way!

Will catch up tomorrow.

northender Tue 04-Dec-12 18:35:06

Weighed in today. Have lost 2 kg smile smile smile

reastie Tue 04-Dec-12 18:38:09

IMST oh, will have to see if I can nose at your website via your fb page grin

I had oven chips and a couple of very small home made nut burgers for dinner (A real treat - I haven't had either for months). I can't believe I was actually full up on a portion about 1/3 smaller than I used to eat and would still feel hungry - I even had to have gaviscon as it felt like so much! Not doing that well on eating very good foods this week, but trying to just be good with portions and not lose control. Blood test later this week to see how the iron level is going.

reastie Tue 04-Dec-12 18:39:19

Xposted north wow - well done you - 2kg is a massive amount <pats on back> . Come and join our stats here . It really helps keep me focused writing my weigh in every week.

It's shortstorylady still more could be done with it, but it does everything it needs to do.

Well done North that's a good loss.
I remember gettingenvy when I saw people getting in the 10s when I started out, while I was still in 13s months in, for me it's been a long, slow, steady loss which I hope means it's sustainable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now