2lbs a week for 35 weeks- anyone in?

(287 Posts)
theowlworrier Wed 24-Oct-12 16:03:24

I have a pretty big move coming up in just under 9 months. want to be at my ideal weight by then. This will involve losing a minimum of 5 stones (70lbs). I have come to the conclusion that doing a crazy all or nothing weightloss plan isn't going to work for me. what ordinarily happens is that I lose loads to begin with, then it all goes to pot and I put it all back on again.
So... would anyone like to join me. My first target is 10lbs by the end of november. I will just be eating lower carb, less snacking, more exercise where possible (7 mo dd and dh who works shifts, so a bit of a challenge sometimes!).

MrsLHofstadter Mon 26-Nov-12 01:31:37

ellargh I'm sure you will find all the support you need here, there is always someone around (I don't sleep, seriously).

Add yourself to the spreadsheet if you like and dive right in. We don't bite, as long as we've been fed grin.

I use food focus which is essentially the same as my fitness and have 1500 cals a day. Maybe we could start a menu/recipe swap?

MrsLHofstadter Mon 26-Nov-12 01:44:42

Speaking of someone always here, has anyone seen theowlworrier around? Hope she is ok and doing well.

juneybean Mon 26-Nov-12 10:48:41

Welcome ellargh!

I'm pleased that I only put 1lb on over the weekend (a lot of food and cocktails were consumed!)

Don't think I've seen theowlworrier around.

MrsLHofstadter Mon 26-Nov-12 11:32:02

I WANT TO GET WEIGHED, AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!.

Ahem, as you were.

Chocchip88 Tue 27-Nov-12 08:05:29

Ok I'm back on track. Weigh in tomorrow evening. Gulp!
Welcome ellargh smile
juneybean only 1lb after a hen weekend? Amazing! We're you dancing lots?
MrsL nightmare! Can you afford new ones at the moment?

juneybean Tue 27-Nov-12 08:44:10

We were in a spa I suspect I steamed it all off haha

MrsLHofstadter Tue 27-Nov-12 12:34:01

No I'm counting the copper for Christmas scales will have to wait. Instead I'm going back to my trusty tape measure. So here it is 48-40-48-28 blush. Help me!

Glad you're back on track Chocchip.

juney I wouldn't sweat over 1lb. Which spa did you go to?

juneybean Tue 27-Nov-12 12:46:34

Seaham Hall, it was amazing.

What's the 28in for?

We are very similar though I think, haven't measured this week though.

MrsLHofstadter Tue 27-Nov-12 15:47:20

My thighs sad.

juneybean Tue 27-Nov-12 15:57:05

Oh mine are exactly the same. I can no longer wear jeans as my waist and hips have gone down but thighs have stayed the same.

MrsLHofstadter Tue 27-Nov-12 17:35:12

Jeans are a nightmare!

juneybean Wed 28-Nov-12 12:10:12

Good god I've put more weight on since the weekend, it's catching up to me I think! I was good today and yesterday though so hopefully I'll have a loss or STS by Friday weigh in!

juneybean Wed 28-Nov-12 12:10:41

Oh I meant to ask if any one was on MyFitnessPal, I'm jefnerf if you want to add me smile

MissNJE Wed 28-Nov-12 13:49:19

Hello,

I've had three really bad days and I guess I put on weight. Aaaw not feeling great at the moment. I was in hospital on Monday because my breast is inflamed and I get Penicillin. I am in a lot of pain because of it and can hardly move.

Is anybody of you on Twitter?

juneybean Wed 28-Nov-12 16:20:18

same username for Twitter as in my previous post smile. I don't use it very much, its linked to my goodreads account.

juneybean Wed 28-Nov-12 16:20:46

sorry to hear you're not 100% sad

Chocchip88 Wed 28-Nov-12 20:09:34

Hi all,
juneybean still time to get that weight off by Friday!
MrsN sorry you are feeling rubbish. Hope you feel better soon.

Despite my blip on the weekend I have lost another 3.5 pounds. Am hoping the fact I'm doing so well will enable me to have some self restraint over Christmas....hmmm...

doyouwantfrieswiththat Fri 30-Nov-12 09:51:35

blush been a bit rubbish this week, will give myself a slap round the chops & lay off the crisps.

juneybean Fri 30-Nov-12 14:19:37

spreadsheet

Lost half a lb since last week so not too bad at all!

MrsLHofstadter Fri 30-Nov-12 17:21:11

I think I've lost weight confused. Got weighed in town on scales which are always 3lbs heavier than at home, if that's still true I've lost 4lb this week hmm. However I'm now going by those scales so 231lbs it is sad

MrsLHofstadter Fri 30-Nov-12 17:23:30

Back where I started ffs!

Chocchip88 Sun 02-Dec-12 09:43:53

MrsL don't worry about the actual numbers, you know you've lost weight.
How has everyone got on so far this week? Not been too bad this end, a little bit of unplanned snacking, will have to be extra good over the next few days.

juneybean Sun 02-Dec-12 11:05:33

I'm being bad at the minute, totm is one reason but ugh its so cold I just want to.comfort eat, I suspect I'll never see the 15s

MrsLHofstadter Sun 02-Dec-12 12:09:50

I'm thinking about joining the gym, do I dare?

juneybean Sun 02-Dec-12 12:18:33

Well that all depends if you want to throw £20 a month away feel free to throw it my way!

But if you think you'll actually go, then why not, shop around though, there might be cheaper ones in leisure centres.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now