2lbs a week for 35 weeks- anyone in?

(287 Posts)
theowlworrier Wed 24-Oct-12 16:03:24

I have a pretty big move coming up in just under 9 months. want to be at my ideal weight by then. This will involve losing a minimum of 5 stones (70lbs). I have come to the conclusion that doing a crazy all or nothing weightloss plan isn't going to work for me. what ordinarily happens is that I lose loads to begin with, then it all goes to pot and I put it all back on again.
So... would anyone like to join me. My first target is 10lbs by the end of november. I will just be eating lower carb, less snacking, more exercise where possible (7 mo dd and dh who works shifts, so a bit of a challenge sometimes!).

OTTMummA Mon 12-Nov-12 07:22:27

May I join you ladies? Weighed myself just now an am 272.8 lbs sad. Baby is now nearly 4 months and I need to stop talking about doing and bloody put down the cake(s). I am going to cut out White bread, rice, pasta bf will be having soup for one meal a day. I cut out coke when DD was born ( was addicted to it ) but need to start looking at everything else I consume.

Chocchip88 Mon 12-Nov-12 09:11:05

Welcome OTT DS2 is nearly 4 months too, hope you're getting some sleep!

I'm a bit of a serial weigher and Sat morning showed a 2lb loss but after the party on Saturday I've gained it back, oops. Hoping to magically lose it again by Wednesday evening, not sure that'll happen though.

juneybean Mon 12-Nov-12 14:13:21

Welcome OTT! Add yourself to the spreadsheet and make yourself at home.

I too am a serial weigher and am very upset about my 1lb increase that won't go away!

OTTMummA Tue 13-Nov-12 07:22:51

Well not the best start yesterday, hadn't really thought it through and ended up having hummus and crisps for lunch ( run out of veggies ) but did have soup for dinner.
I am off to the market to stock up and get some eggs and a set of scales (mine broke in the recent house move) while im at it.
Also need to start drinking more water so have a 1.5lt jug in the fridge now.
I am usually an all or nothing kind of gal, and find it hard to keep going if i fal off the wagon IYKWIM, it's a really negative pattern of behaviour that i would very much like to break/overcome.
I will tell myself not to weigh in every day,,, but,, i know i will most likely cave, i just can't help it.

Hi Chocchip88 how is your LO doing? DD will be 4 months on the 18th, she is growing too fast for my liking! wish i could slow it down, it is going so, so quick.

Chocchip88 Tue 13-Nov-12 08:10:27

Hi OTT DS2 is doing well, he's 4 months on the 24th, he was 3 weeks early but 9lb 3oz so a big boy! He's having jabs today so I'll get him weighed then. My Slimming World Consultant is v concerned about how my diet might be affecting his weight so it will be good to (hopefully) put her mind at rest.
I also really struggle once I've had a 'bad' day, on Sunday it was a real battle not to just eat all the food left from Saturday's party, I was v proud of myself that I managed to stick to the diet and yesterday was easy again. Phew!

juneybean Tue 13-Nov-12 12:15:31

Urgh serial weighing is getting me down I've put 2lbs on since weigh in day and I'm not entirely sure why.

Chocchip88 Wed 14-Nov-12 20:02:54

That's the problem with serial weighing, I just can't help myself though.
Luckily the scales were kind to me at my weigh in tonight and I lost 3lbs! Am chuffed!
Hope everyone else is doing well

juneybean Wed 14-Nov-12 22:19:57

Yay well done!

I managed to stay away from the scales today, been swimming but eaten over my calorie allowance (although didn't eat all of my swimming calories so hopefully that'll count for something!)

toomuchdisneynotenoughJack Thu 15-Nov-12 13:22:40

Ooooh can I join please!! I need to drop at least 70 lbs !! I would rather it happened quickly than slowly but I know it needs hard work to do it and make it last!! Really struggling this time and annoyed with myself as I have done it before , when dd was 8 months old ( lost 6 1/2 stone but calorie restriction and huge exercise ) but since then had Ds and put it all back on and some !!! joined weight watchers online a week ago and also am listening to easyloss virtual gastric band hypnotherapy each night ( seems to have helped with the snacking) ! So fingers crossed I can do it too!

juneybean Thu 15-Nov-12 14:21:45

Welcome toomuch !

I'm having a discouraging week stuck to calories for the most part but no loss so far, weigh in tomorrow

juneybean Fri 16-Nov-12 16:19:12

Argh up 2lbs, whyyyy?!

Chocchip88 Sat 17-Nov-12 19:46:00

Argh juneybean that sucks. Did you do anything different this week? Any reason you can think of?
Don't let it dishearten you (hard I know), hopefully just a blip and you'll make up for it next week.

juneybean Sun 18-Nov-12 01:04:35

I went out for a family meal last Friday and I didn't seem to shift anything for the rest of the week despite being fairly good AND going swimming for 45 minutes!

MrsLHofstadter Sun 18-Nov-12 12:36:27

A conversation with DXP this week has got me thinking. How do your DP's feel about how you look now, you're desire to lose weight and your end goal? Also do you take that in to consideration when dieting/setting goals?

Got weighed on Thursday lost 1.25lbs this week, in the right direction at last smile

MrsLHofstadter Sun 18-Nov-12 12:38:14

*your. Damn my fat thumbs this phone!

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sun 18-Nov-12 13:18:25

hi, can I lurk/join.

I need to lose at least 49lb, and stop rummaging through the kids party bags & halloween plunder to save their teeth grin, my doc suggested looking for low GI diets when he heard my creaky knees.

just had a twix while I do the ironing, in need of moral support.

will change my name to broccoliflorette if it helps.

MrsLHofstadter Sun 18-Nov-12 13:48:18

Welcome doyou. Is there any way in particular we can support you?

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sun 18-Nov-12 13:59:45

I think having people going through the same process is a good support, aiming for the weekly weigh ins could be the incentive I need. Would also be interested what experience people have after weight loss regarding loose skin, I have a caesarean 'apron', will weight loss make it worse? does anyone know any exercises to deal with it?

juneybean Sun 18-Nov-12 16:17:44

I worry about that doyou I can already see it's happening to my upper arms (bingo wings) and my inner thighs. I haven't even had children yet so can't even use that excuse, gah! I don't know about any exercises though.

Don't forget about our spreadsheet

SilveryMoon Sun 18-Nov-12 16:22:06

Not read the whole thread, but I'm in!
I'm not too good at diets at all!
In fact, I've tried very few. I did quite well on the Paul McKenna one and was losing about 5lbs a week, but after a few weeks, I fell and could no longer say no to chocolate.
2lbs a week sounds manageable doesn't it? Although I've been trying to shift the last 2lbs to get me to 15st forever!

SilveryMoon Sun 18-Nov-12 16:23:24

Wow! Check out the spreadsheet.
What day are we weighing?

MrsLHofstadter Sun 18-Nov-12 21:10:16

Hi SilveryMoon I think thursday was said for weighing but I think some people are weighing different days. I've just noticed the dates on the spreadsheet are fridays so I may start weighing then.

I've managed to put myself on the spreadsheet at last and I think comparing myself to everyone else that week might be the push I need. Competitive, me?

Chocchip88 Mon 19-Nov-12 10:39:00

Hi everyone!
I go to SW and weigh in there on Weds night I think the 'official' day was Thursday but the dates on the spreadsheet are Fridays! So whenever really!

MrsLHofstadter Mon 19-Nov-12 10:58:47

How easy is SW? I've been thinking about doing it but can't really afford the meetings. I did the old one about 6 years ago but know it's all changed since then.

Chocchip88 Mon 19-Nov-12 18:06:56

I am finding it really easy at the moment, it's only been 3 weeks and I've lost 11.5 pounds smile ask me again in a couple of months and it may be a whole different story.
They are updating all their handbooks etc in the new year so it might be worth it for you to go to a meeting in Jan (bound to be offers on) and get all the new literature.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now