2lbs a week for 35 weeks- anyone in?

(287 Posts)
theowlworrier Wed 24-Oct-12 16:03:24

I have a pretty big move coming up in just under 9 months. want to be at my ideal weight by then. This will involve losing a minimum of 5 stones (70lbs). I have come to the conclusion that doing a crazy all or nothing weightloss plan isn't going to work for me. what ordinarily happens is that I lose loads to begin with, then it all goes to pot and I put it all back on again.
So... would anyone like to join me. My first target is 10lbs by the end of november. I will just be eating lower carb, less snacking, more exercise where possible (7 mo dd and dh who works shifts, so a bit of a challenge sometimes!).

MrsLHofstadter Mon 07-Jan-13 09:52:23

Oh it's all gone horribly wrong! Aim is to lose as much as I can by april and then see where I am at.

juneybean Mon 07-Jan-13 19:19:42

Good idea! Get yourself on the January spreadsheet and see how we go!

MrsLHofstadter Mon 07-Jan-13 20:01:34

Possibly starting a new job in April so would be nice to lose a bit before then. And once I'm not at home in the day I know I'll lose weight anyway.

juneybean Mon 07-Jan-13 20:05:08

Oh fingers crossed for you then grin

MrsLHofstadter Mon 07-Jan-13 20:06:38

Possibly starting a new job in April so would be nice to lose a bit before then. And once I'm not at home in the day I know I'll lose weight anyway.

MrsLHofstadter Mon 07-Jan-13 20:07:39

Thank you.
Why does my phone like to double post on this thread only?!

Chocchip88 Tue 08-Jan-13 08:11:39

Maybe it's because you are twice as committed to this thread wink
I posted at the end of last week and it's not showing, odd!
Finding it really hard this week, I'm just about sticking to plan but every non mouthful of chocolate is a battle. Hopefully my hard work will show in the scales tomorrow.
Onwards and upwards (or inwards and downwards!)

juneybean Tue 08-Jan-13 16:59:05

I can't remember what diet you're doing chocchip, if calorie counting, no calories left over for a niblet of chocolate?

Chocchip88 Wed 09-Jan-13 21:09:01

5.5 off!! So pleased gringrin

Chocchip88 Wed 09-Jan-13 21:10:21

juneybean I'm doing Slimming World. I have chocolate everyday, usually a kit kat along with a hot choc (and sometimes another kit kat), it's just I've been wanting to bathe in chocolate all week!

juneybean Wed 09-Jan-13 21:28:56

Ohh wow!! Well done on the 5.5lbs!! That's fantastic grin

Well I think you can bathe in chocolate, just keep your mouth closed wink

juneybean Fri 11-Jan-13 11:16:41

I'm back to my pre christmas weight so 3lbs off this week!

Chocchip88 Fri 11-Jan-13 18:57:47

Excellent juneybean!!! Good loss and good to be back to normal. You have lost so much weight so far, you must be thrilled

juneybean Fri 11-Jan-13 19:19:41

Thank you! I lost 20lbs between September and December last year and I know I have done well but there's still this niggle that says you could have done better! Argh!

You are doing brilliantly though, we can do this!

doyouwantfrieswiththat Fri 11-Jan-13 19:58:18

oops..new year, new start.

At least my activity levels have increased slightly, even if I don't have enough self control to stay off the christmas goodies.

juneybean Fri 11-Jan-13 22:01:53

Ooo welcome back doyou grin

juneybean Fri 11-Jan-13 22:05:16
juneybean Fri 18-Jan-13 10:56:09

Where are you all?

flipflopper Fri 18-Jan-13 15:21:29

am i too late to join you?

I started my diet 2 weeks ago, and have lost 5lb since then.
Im not following a diet plan, just being sensible and trying to do more exercise!
I dont really have a goal weight but I would like to fit into a size 12, am a 16 at the moment. Ive just been letting myself get bigger over the past couple of years, and had a baby last sept,so im ready to lose it now!

MrsLHofstadter Fri 18-Jan-13 15:50:57

I am so out of control, it's scaring me.

juneybean Fri 18-Jan-13 17:25:18

No hop on in flipflopper! Well done on your 5lb loss!!

Oh no mrslhof have you lost motivation?

Ruprekt Fri 18-Jan-13 17:28:57

Get yourselves on the low carb thread!

It is ackshully lifechanging.

I lose 8lb in week one and DH lost 6.5lb.

It is a complete revelation as a WW follower for25years

flipflopper Fri 18-Jan-13 19:04:42

i looked into the low carb diet, and it looks good, it obviously gets results, but what do you actually EAT??? i dont want to eat loads of meat, and i dont think long term it is good for you to eat high fat??Just my thoughts!

I think sensible eating and trying to avoid processed foods, and upping your activity is the best way to go (in an ideal world, obv)!

MrsL, hope you are ok?

Ruprekt Fri 18-Jan-13 19:50:22

You need to embrace the whole way of eating. WOE.

And read the links that BIWI posts to see the evil of sugar and carbs.

DH and I are thoroughly enjoying it.

MrsLHofstadter Fri 18-Jan-13 20:24:32

I think my body may go in to shock if I went low carb. Toast with too much butter is making up about 50% of my diet currently.

All Christmas food has gone, I shall be buying nothing tasty in it's place.

The toast needs to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now