Extra weight on tummy

(3 Posts)
ziggers Mon 22-Oct-12 14:27:38

I am approx 3 stone overweight, most of which I gained after having 2 children in 18 months. Before children I was a size 12-14, so not thin, but had a relatively good figure, sort of hourglass shape. Now I've gained weight which I am getting ready to think about losing as it's starting to get me down. The thing is, I seem to have gained a lot of the excess weight on my tummy, and my shape has completely changed. My tummy is massive now, and my legs and arms etc have stayed relatively slimmish. As I said, i would like to start shifting this weight. Can anyone recommend a diet/exercise plan that will help me lose weight from around my middle as this has definitely become my problem area? I have nightmares about losing weight from my boobs/legs etc but still being left with a horrible sticky out tummy!

SCOTCHandWRY Tue 23-Oct-12 14:34:00

I had the same problem myself, and you probably don't want to hear this, but fat going on round the belly is not a good sign, from the point a health pov - it suggests you may have a disordered insulin metabolism (often called syndrome x or pre-diabetes). This can be reversed!

Any increase in activity levels would be good, even just a daily brisk walk - activity helps regulate blood sugar.

The big issue is diet though - I would suggest reading up on low carb diets and syndrome x, and see what you think about that - if you give in a go for a month or 2, you may be amazed at the results! I know I was - and that was 7 years ago, I have kept it off, except for a minor blip for a few months following the birth of DS4!

rhondagraymond Mon 12-Nov-12 12:31:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now