Week 2 - Little Black Dress Low Carb Bootcamp - check in here for tomorrow!

(891 Posts)
BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 08:12:46

We managed to fill the thread before the end of the week, so I'm starting the next one.

Here is the Spreadsheet of Wonderfulness for you to record your weight tomorrow

EwanHoozami Mon 08-Oct-12 08:18:55

3lb down smile

That's OK for week 7 I think. I might try a low-dairy week this week.

I now have a drawer full of size 16 jeans that keep falling down.

Cake what lovely recipes have you found? I need inspiration!

Humancatapult I can't speak for everyone but I'm aiming for 20g or less of carbs with the majority coming from leafy veg.

Ty Ewan

So at 14grams within ok limits not joined as not doing it same as you ladies as I'm low carbing and counting calories but as of today I have lost 66lbs in 3 monthd and don't miss the carbs any more

BigBroomstickBIWI Mon 08-Oct-12 08:31:04

THC - please can you tell us what you're eating? And why are you counting calories?!

Hi BIWI. smile

I meant I was doing 6 (ish) of the rules up to now - I am planning to follow all of them from now on. Previously I've been eating berries, a bit of sugar, a bit of milk in coffee and cheese, and not drinking enough water. However, I have had black coffee this morning (yuck! Hope I get used this this - it's like drinking engine oil!), and I am sitting with a big bottle of water beside me.

Thank you so much for the tip on vanilla extract - I will go look it out, I could really use something to put in the yoghurt.

It's really good reading everyone's achievements. smile

Broomstick I'm aiming for 1000-1200 calories a day but not doing same as you ladies so not joined the thread officially but was curious on the carbs and sorry if you answered as I missed it blush. Mines differ t to others as in full time wheelchair user who uses a power chair outside the house si not very active once out the door . Am doing it under dietcisn at spinal hospital

I'm eating lot of protein chicken /turkey as I need to allow for the fact that I'm prone to skin breakdown and can not risk a pressure sore and protein is best defence

But admit mine is specific to me is not recconemded for others

SkaffenAmtiskaw Mon 08-Oct-12 08:32:40

Good morning everyone!

I am very pleased to report that I've lost 5lbs smile

But low carbs defintley makes me feel better and less bloated

BigBroomstickBIWI Mon 08-Oct-12 08:34:58

Ah. Understood, THC. Bloody well done on your progress to date smile

Brilliant, Skaffen!

LRD - can you drink coffee with cream? I don't especially like it, but it's infinitely preferable to black coffee which is like engine oil! Please knock the sugar on the head. That's the worst thing you could be eating.

Pippa1964 Mon 08-Oct-12 08:37:13

morning everyone, after a slow start ( didn't really get my head round it all until about Friday) I am down 2.5 lbs so really pleased about that. Do people tend to weigh themselves daily? just wondering. Bacon and egg this morning - must make sure to have enough fibre - any suggestions welcome. Also anyone have a recipie for almond based pancakes?

Netguru Mon 08-Oct-12 08:42:47

2.5 lbs down here. Good start to the week but bad weekend.

I can't stand coffee and cream, unfortunately. I'll see how I go with that, may have to introduce a splash of milk. The sugar so far has been in stuff like the vanilla, bit of ketchup, but I am working out how to knock it on the head.

MmeLindor Mon 08-Oct-12 08:48:39

I am on plan again, BIWI. Yesterday was merely an airport induced blip.

Trying to persuade DH to low carb with me the next two weeks while I am here, but he is so stuck on his bread roll in the morning. Might try him with yoghurt in the morning. Would be a lot easier if he were doing it with me.

Still got the visit to his parents to navigate, and a whole day at a trade fair on Friday. Not sure what I will do there.

btw, I was laughing at the 'customers who viewed this item' on my book being this product. Seems they are not lying when they say that. smile

BigBroomstickBIWI Mon 08-Oct-12 08:49:42

LRD - it it's any consolation, I'm exactly the same. I haven't stopped drinking coffee with milk, but I limit myself to three cups a day.

Pippa - whether or not you weigh daily is up to you - I posted about it somewhere earlier - if you do weigh daily you need to be prepared for the fact that your weight fluctuates naturally, so even when you know you've stuck to the diet it's possible to see the scales show an increase. If you can cope with that, psychologically, then go for it. Otherwise, if an increase is likely to see you going 'fuck it' and diving into the biscuit tin, stick to once a week weighing.

You will be getting enough fibre if you make sure that you are getting your carbs from vegetables and salad. If your concern is constipation, you need not worry. If you eat enough fat and drink enough water, it shouldn't be a problem. Somewhere on these threads is a recipe for almond pancakes - have you checked out the recipe thread?

cathyandclaire Mon 08-Oct-12 08:53:48

2lb down here! Really pleased as am getting nearer target and had got a bit stuck before boot camp --eating loads of dark chocolate washed down with red wine--great to see the scales moving in the right direction again...well done all you losers! Bacon and mushrooms, coffee with lacto free milk for me ( I can't hack it black, I'd rather drink engine oil!!)

BigBroomstickBIWI Mon 08-Oct-12 08:54:18

grin @ Mme!

hurricanewyn Mon 08-Oct-12 08:56:47

Mme - that's hilarious grin

catstail Mon 08-Oct-12 08:57:12

well considering i am a slacker (oh dear, a magnum was calling me yesterday evening blushblush) I am very pleased with my 2lb down. I am pretty good in the day, its just the evenings where I struggle to stay on the straight and narrow.

Themumsnot Mon 08-Oct-12 08:58:38

Morning all! I've lost 4lbs, very pleased, in spite of the two glasses of wine last night. This week I'm going to focus on increasing the water and veg even more - I was drinking a lot more water than I usually do this week but still not the full 3l. And I am great on veg at dinner time but not so much at lunch. I miss apples and berries. But I don't miss grain-based carbs nearly as much as I thought I would and it feels like I could sustain this way of eating for a very long time once I can add in a bit of fruit and some wine at weekends.

BigBroomstickBIWI Mon 08-Oct-12 09:00:23

catstail - if you Google 'how many carbs in a Magnum' this is what you get:

Food Item: Magnum
Food Quantity: 1 Magnum
Carbs: 25g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Net Carbs: 25g

Magnum Ice Cream and Diet

Not permitted on low carb diets, ice creams (like Magnum Ice Cream) are typically high calorie foods with no dietary fiber and not much nutrition. Very roughly, water accounts for about 60 percent of ice cream weight, protein about 4 percent, fat about 10 percent and carbohydrate (mostly sugar) about 25 percent. Because sugar is one of the major ingredients, ice cream can be high on the Glycemic Index, which means it can cause a rapid rise in blood-glucose levels, leading to excessive insulin production and a sudden drop in blood sugar. Other ice creams can be high in fats, including saturated fat. Bottom line: whether or not you are into low carb dieting, if you want to lose weight, manage your blood sugar levels and stay healthy, keep your intake of ice-cream and other sugary-carb foods to a minimum.

Honestly - don't do it to yourself! You may have got away with it this week, but you certainly won't lose weight if you carry on with the self-sabotage.

Ultimately it's up to you. If you want to lose weight ... grin

StrangeGlue Mon 08-Oct-12 09:02:15

4lbs 2oz lost but I was starting from an over eating week so I think its probably really 2-3lbs actual weight loss.

My belt is a notch tighter though smile

JessicaWakefield Mon 08-Oct-12 09:03:48

Good morning. I'm 2.5 pounds down which I'm so pleased about as pre-bootcamp I had stalled for weeks and weeks. Good result and to celebrate I put on my "too small" skinny jeans which in reality are fine even at a higher weight but today's weigh in has given me the confidence to wear them. Have a good day everyone and congratulations on the fantastic losses posted this morning.

Thanks BIWI, good to know.

Btw, my account of what I have been doing is, erm, ideal, rather than what I've been living up to, so I am hoping posting on here will increase my motivation both to set slightly stricter goals and to live up to them! grin

I think I know the answer to this, but you know that Natureo de-alcoholized wine from Waitrose? It says it is 4g of carbs per 100ml, but is it sugar, basically? Or could I have the occasional weekend glass?

BigBroomstickBIWI Mon 08-Oct-12 09:07:48

Well, it's better than alcohol-filled wine (Oh my God - did I actually just type that?! hmm), but it's still a lot of carbs, given that you will probably drink considerably more than 100ml! Better to drink water and wait until Bootcamp is finished - and then drink the real stuff!

Jessica well done! It's a great feeling, isn't it, when you fit into your skinny clothes grin

Ok, thank you. smile

JessicaWakefield Mon 08-Oct-12 09:11:14

Thank you BIWI!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now