Week 2 - Little Black Dress Low Carb Bootcamp - check in here for tomorrow!

(891 Posts)
BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 08:12:46

We managed to fill the thread before the end of the week, so I'm starting the next one.

Here is the Spreadsheet of Wonderfulness for you to record your weight tomorrow

BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 17:43:50

Of course you can!

Here's the first thread

Here is the week 1 thread

Here's the recipe thread

You can add yourself to the Spreadsheet of Wonderfulness, or Willie will do that for you.

Just caught up - hope you are all feeling better soon those who are under the weather. I have made a soup for tomorrow - using up veg that needed using or chucking and didn't use a recipe or anything - made a guess at spices and it i delish, very proud (I am not so good without recipes generally!).

B - bacon and scrambled eggs, black tea flavoured with mango
L - two packs of pork scratchings as on road and only thing at petrol station!
D - roast chicken, savoy cabbage and bacon, carrots for others (might have a couple!)

Have had a busy day sorting out stuff in the house, putting up ikea furniture and sorting out toys and cupboards! I haven't yet had enough water, but am determined to fix that before bedtime!!!

MegTheCat Sun 07-Oct-12 18:47:52

Hi all. We were at a wedding yesterday. Wore my lbd (colours may vary) but had to wear big scary pants to hold tummy in. Hope not to need those by xmas. Did well on the low carbing considering. Big fried breakfast in the hotel, reception was a buffet so just had chicken legs, quiche (left the crust) and lots of crudites and salad garnish bits. Discovered radishes are nice - i think they're on the allowed list so may add to my own salads now. Bit low on water tho. Didnt want to be dying for the loo during wedding or 3-hour trip home. And reception was in a marquee with a bar and there was No Water! shock I had to drink diet coke. I just managed 2ltrs water but usually aim for 3. Also snacked on pepperami & pork scratchings on way home so a bit too processed. Pleased i didnt succumb to the carbs

MegTheCat Sun 07-Oct-12 19:00:11

Just caught up on the thread. My scales, too, vary wildly. I keep stepping back on until it gives me the same reading twice and go with that. I like weighing daily but am trying to give it up as its quite time consuming.

Viperidae Sun 07-Oct-12 19:44:45

My scales are mad, they can vary up to 5lb within minutes. If it wasn't for the fact that I've eaten breakfast and had a drink, vitamins, etc I'd weigh myself at work.

Well tea with the in-laws went off well. I made the Delia recipe (chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms with marsala gravy) but made the gravy with chicken stock and just a slosh of sherry instead to cut carbs. Creamed leeks were lush as always but I forgot to cook the broccoli (we'll be eating it all flipping week now!) so ate just a few bits of carrot. Even the sugar-free jelly with berries in and cream went down well (it's amazing what making ordinary stuff in pretty little glass dishes can do!)

Other than that I have had greek yoghurt with a spoonful of rhubarb with cinnamon for breakfast then sausage, bacon and eggs for lunch so not too bad considering normal life is going on (unlike my poor friend on WW)

BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 19:57:52

Brilliant - and great to see some good behaviour wink

BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 19:58:47

We went out for dinner to Bill's, a new restaurant in Wimbledon. Very little that was easily OK for me to eat, surprisingly, or at least not without asking for them to serve without this and that. I had a naked burger with cheese, no fries and extra salad. And drank fizzy water.

BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 20:07:54

<shines halo>

Doshusallie Sun 07-Oct-12 20:14:20

Tea started about 5.30 as I ate all the leftover cabbage and bacon that the kids didn't eat for their tea, then continued as I polished off what chorizo and bits of lamb left on their plates, I swerved THE PUDDING again while I served it for their afters. Then shared a piece of pork belly with DH. Am drinking decaf tea with lactose free milk (hereafter to be known as DTWLFM), and have eaten 2 brazil nuts. Think I am done now. Am very very tired after a late night last night and a 2 hour walk/bike ride with DS2 this afternoon.

Another Daily weigher here. I only weigh though if it's straight out of bed after a wee and stripped naked. I don't even have a sip of water. ROFL at whoever said they don't even put deodorant on... grin

Poppy1234 Sun 07-Oct-12 20:19:34

BIWI, is that Bill Granger's restaurant? Super envious and very surprised there weren't many options, so disappointing as a lot of his recipes (I may have all his books) are perfect for low carb.

I now look about 6 months pregnant after a massive dinner, feel slightly annoyed with myself as there was no need to be such a glutton.

Didn't have wine all weekend, realised a 14 month toddler age gap needs wine so won't be making that mistake again. I'm pleased I did it, not just for diet reasons but I did miss it with meals, especially as I make an effort to cook more extravagantly at the weekend. I only really drink at the weekend anyway so think I will include it as a cheat.

B: Greek yoghurt
L: Scrambled egg, bacon, 97% sausage, avocado and cherry toms
D: Lemon and thyme butter roasted chicken, roast celeriac and slow braised cabbage (the nicest vegetable dish I have eaten in a long time, just gorgeous) morethantoast.org/2012/05/mtt-slow-braised-creamy-cabbage/

BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 20:27:53

No - sadly it's not! It's a chain, apparently. Nice food, good ambiance - just nothing without bread/rice/cous cous/pitta bread ...

Doshusallie Sun 07-Oct-12 20:31:10

Poppy that cabbage looks divine have bookmarked link

butterflyexperience Sun 07-Oct-12 20:46:42

Boo Hoo, I caved in and had milk hot chocolate!
I was out working all day and did perfect all day. Came home had a salmon dinner and still felt cold.

Craved hot chocolate.
Made it.
Had it
Hated it!

Find it so hard to get over the mental craving...
Miss the emotional comfort from eating stodge...

It's like everything in my life wants a piece of me, to do something.
Comfort food just gives me love...

I also now feel fat bloated...

BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 20:52:21

Oh my goodness - I have to make that!

Viperidae Sun 07-Oct-12 20:55:17

I'm envious of anywhere civilised that has restaurants that don't have golden arches or serve everything deep fried in batter! (Can you tell I live at the seaside?)

Seeing as the idea of building in a cheat at weekends has been raised. Has anybody read this carbnite.com/ns-thesolution.php and, if so, what do you think? There is a science page explaining about the hormones, etc which I know some of you will understand better than I do.
I know some people might be a bit tetchy about cheating but this suggests that it might be a good thing if done in a controlled way.

It struck me that a couple of you who had low-carbed for a while said at the start of bootcamp that you had hit plateaus that shifted after carb-laden holidays. So might this work or is it too good to be true?

bucksmum Sun 07-Oct-12 21:20:01

BiWi I went to Bills on Thursday! and had exactly the same as you! I thought it was lovely. DP had the chicken skewers which looked yummy as well, bt bv without all the cous cous

EwanHoozami Sun 07-Oct-12 21:48:35

Poppy that looks lurvely.

Anyone who is a fan of cauli rice - I found this way of preparing it. File under "why didn't I think of this before" no more grated fingers

It worked a treat with my lime, tamari soy & five spice marinaded salmon and beansprouts.

MmeLindor Sun 07-Oct-12 21:56:02

Arrived in Germany.

Sadly I had to go for a sandwich that was eaten on the run. We got held up in traffic on our way to the airport and only got there an hour before boarding. Was bit of a mad rush to get through security and to the gate in time.

Arrived to find that DH has a well stocked fridge, with those little sausages, eggs and salmon so will be back on track tomorrow.

My scale gives v different readings. I weigh 3x and take the lowest too.

DIYapprentice Sun 07-Oct-12 22:17:44

Well I've been good today.

B: 2 egg, ham and mushroom omelette
L: chicken breast pieces, some cheese and some coleslaw (M&S really has a dire low carb on the run snack selection!!)
D: mince with taco seasoning, with cheese wrapped in lettuce leaves and some leftover celeriac and cauliflower mash

Somewhere between 2 and 3 litres of water, have lost count with this stupid cold, sooooo fuzzy headed.

Will see what the scales say tomorrow.....

Themumsnot Sun 07-Oct-12 22:38:18

Hmm. Have been really, really good all week but blown it tonight with two glasses of wine.

WineGless Sun 07-Oct-12 22:41:32

Evening my loser friends

I have had such a lovely Sunday. We went to the zoo and met my friend with her two children. Went for linch and had burger and cheese withextra salad for lunch.
DSil invited us of Sunday roast and as ex lighter life she knows how to plate up a low carb dinner. The only thing slight,y off piste was butternut squash but in the grand scheme of things it was fine.skipped dessert and had cheese and resisted crackers.

<polishes halo >

I think I am on track for 2lbs loss this week which am really happy about considering the alcohol I am have consumed

caramelwaffle Sun 07-Oct-12 23:02:05

Good luck for weigh ins tomorrow.

Am retaining water and feel like the stay puff marshmallow man hmm

Had parma ham and crabmeat with chillis for evening meal.

It's Monday morning here already, 6.5lbs down in first week of bootcamp, no cheating. It's been easier than I thought it would be but needed willpower at times - roll on week 2.

Best of luck with your weigh-ins grin

Hello ... may I sneak in late? I've had the previous thread sitting in a tab on my computer for two days while I ploughed through it and I think I more or less get what you're doing now (ish).

I weigh 143 lb. I'd put myself on the spreadsheet but am a Luddite and it's beyond me.

I am already doing about 6 of the rules, but need to keep myself on the straight and narrow, and probably need to cut out the cheese, too, as I think it's stalling me. How do you know?

Also - stupid question, but what's the logic behind the vanilla extract? I love a teaspoon of that in my yoghurt - do you mean more like a sparing tasteless drop or two? I mean, it's basically sugary alcohol isn't it? Or is there a special one I can buy?

I would really like to know as I've been having my yoghurt with berries and will have to give them up now.

WineGless Mon 08-Oct-12 06:19:30

Weighed in and lost 3lbs yippee!

Willie can you check spreadsheet as it doesn't look quite right plus I put my start weight for last week as 179 which has disappeared?

Good luck to those weighing in this morning

LRD vanilla extract is for those who can't manage Greek yoghurt on its own just to give it a bitof flavour. However the advice is to find an unsweetened version. Bootcamp is usually for two weeks just to kick start you and ditch the addiction to sugary stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now