Week 2 - Little Black Dress Low Carb Bootcamp - check in here for tomorrow!

(891 Posts)
BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 08:12:46

We managed to fill the thread before the end of the week, so I'm starting the next one.

Here is the Spreadsheet of Wonderfulness for you to record your weight tomorrow

frumpet Sun 07-Oct-12 14:25:18

Also marking place . Other than the wine on saturday , i have been fairly good . I think i am getting a better understanding of the WOE now . Am slow roasting pork for tonight . Will be going to be weighed tonight

frumpet Sun 07-Oct-12 14:26:06

oopd pressed too soon , not sure if i have lost any weight but i dont look quite so pregnant grin

Im watching. Nigella express, i realllly love her cooking!
I wish we could eat half the stuff she makes... I suppose tho i could adapt things somehow! wink

BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 14:42:22

I felt very strange this morning - almost didn't go to the gym. Had to go to the loo 4 times before I left the house! So had a more gentle than normal workout. Feeling OK now, but tired. I know I was fighting off a cold at the beginning of the week, so don't know if this is part of that, or some other bug.

Anyway. Today:

B - yoghurt + vanilla, pre-gym
L - 'bubble and squeak' made from leftover celeriac and leek mash, with a fried egg on top, with mixed salad and avocado with shallot vinaigrette

We go out to dinner on Sunday, so not sure what I will be having.

BIWI i hope youre feeling on the mend soon... There seems to be alot going around atm, take it easy smile

marking place

a couple of times on this woe i've felt like i'm coming down with something but it hasn't quite turned into a full-blown bug, this might just be a coincidence though

Jacaqueen Sun 07-Oct-12 14:51:36

A new thread already.

I am still at our holiday home. Will be heading back home shortly. I have been a bit picky this weekend. More carbs consumed than strictly necessary but not too bad. Will just have to wait and see what the scales say in the morning.

On the plus sides lots of lovely coastal walks in the autumn sunshine.

BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 14:58:59

That sounds lovely, Jac

foosty Sun 07-Oct-12 15:22:34

BIWI - that's how I started feeling on Friday morning, and now I have a full-on head-y cold, all stuffed up. Plus my tummy feels a bit delicate - feel sick but am starving at the same time. Have slept today and had some spicy soup, feeling a bit better. Have a lemsip and see if that helps.

Waiting for my shopping to come...need to make some kind of LC comfort food. Mashed something probably..bubble and squeak sounds like a plan! Is the recipe on the other thread?

hurricanewyn Sun 07-Oct-12 15:27:50

Hi all

Just checking in. Hope everyone is ok and thanks to those that aren't feeling too great. I've been good today, woke up starving hungry and craving stodge, but have managed ok

B - Boiled egg, mashed with butter & salt
L - Corned beef hash, made with tin tomatoes, celeriac mash & a little bit of chorizo with grated cheese on top (not strictly bootcamp, but better than what I wanted blush)
D - Lamb breast in the slowcooker & veg. Prob celeriac & cauliflower as that's what's in and I'm too lazy to go out for anything else.

Just to let you know - I've put a couple of recipes on the recipe thread for kebabs. They're just like from the take away, lowcarb & great for junky food so you don't feel like you're missing out.

Marking place - today has been a good day so far!

Viperidae Sun 07-Oct-12 15:57:25

Also marking place.

BIWI I was just like that on Friday, went to loo loads before I got to gym.

DH and DD taken in-laws out for a walk and they'll be back any minute.

ForSaletotheHighestBidder Sun 07-Oct-12 16:01:07

Hi all, had school reunion and was very good food wise. Smoked salmon to start, chicken, cabbage, broccoli and creamy mushroom sauce. No dessert, black coffee. And a lot of white wine. blush

Fry up for breakfast.

Craving chips, might have chicken breast from the chippy to satisfy craving for fried crap.

Is it weird that i'm looking forward to the weigh in?!

AngieAir Sun 07-Oct-12 16:06:12

Not expecting much from the scales tomorrow. Didn't drink enough water on long shifts at work last wek as crazy busy and now have a stinking cold. So although not eating much as no appetite, I'm drinking too much tea as need hot drinks for my throat. Usually I'd have half fruit juice half hot water so suppose tea is better.

EwanHoozami Sun 07-Oct-12 16:23:19

I can't stop picking today. Not on terrible stuff (slice of turkey here, chunk of brie there..) but it's making me feel crap for some reason.

Exhaustion from the pre-schooler sleep training maybe.

Need to do online shop. Because that'll stop me thinking about food <sigh>

Sending a virtual hot toddy to those feeling poorly brew

caramelwaffle Sun 07-Oct-12 16:24:46

Hello everyone.

Hope everyone who is unwell feels better soon.

Breakfast - nothing I preferred the lay in

Lunch - Leftover spiced spinach (large bowl)

Just now - two curried lamb chops (threw sauce in bin as it is onion puree heavy)

Tonight - nothing

1l of water so far with three to go

Does anyone else have a digital scale that gives widely varying readings every time it is stepped on? Differences of up to three pounds within seconds/minutes? So, so annoying! I'll take the lowest readings from now on.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow.

caramelwaffle Sun 07-Oct-12 16:26:31

Have you tried hot drinks Ewan? Herbal teas or normal tea?

BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 16:27:49

If ever my scales do that, I weigh myself 3 times and then take the lowest reading!

caramelwaffle Sun 07-Oct-12 16:29:27

Yes. Good idea.

Like the Halloween name by the way smile

HumphreyCobbler Sun 07-Oct-12 16:30:31

hope everyone feels better soon

I am pleased I have now managed nine days without cheese. I think I will start to shred daily when my finger gets better. Bloody finger is taking a long time to heal though. I suppose I could go for a run tomorrow (I bloody hate running).

Yes my scales randomly add 4lb from time to time I have NO idea why. I know it can't possibly be a gain as I weigh daily these days and it can happen after I know I've been good. I just reset them and get back on again

I am v suspicious of the body fat % thingy though - overnight it took me down by 10%, then a couple of weeks later put me back up again by 10%! I no longer trust it one bit

I wonder whether some water got in the works or something

Livelongandprosper Sun 07-Oct-12 16:48:56

Marking my place for tomorrow. I am really pleased with my weight loss this week, I am off on holiday on Saturday and have tried on my bikini - didn't look too bad at all!

BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 16:51:47

Hurrah!

Boobz Sun 07-Oct-12 17:39:53

Is it too late to join this thread? - I have only just seen it (or even wandered into this part of the forum for the first time this evening) as am myself on a big diet / phys obsession for the next 3 months+.

I am on the Zone diet (are any of you?) which is low carb and quite restrictive but working wonders already. I was 58.8kg on Oct 1st (just happened to start the same day as all of you ladies) and I just weighed myself tonight and I am 57.5kg, so it's working! I am following it to the letter, so far.

I also run about 50-60km a week (I love running!) at elevation, and am about to start P90X (am waiting for it to arrive in the post). I want to get ripped like the before and after photos for P90X on the web! My husband is doing all of this too (Zone diet, running, and P90X when it arrives), so that helps a lot.

Can I join? Can someone link to the original thread so I can catch up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now