Has anyone used "Chocolate Banana" slimming pills?

(12 Posts)

I have come to posess a bottle of these and started taking them yesterday, I am also taking what I have left of my Orlistat.

Has anyone used these? What did you think of them?

I have now read online that they have ephedrine in them but it doesn't say that on my bottle...

mummymeister Fri 05-Oct-12 14:18:55

tbh dont take anything unless you know whats in them. if they have come from the interweb then they could have any old crap in them and you might get ill.

They haven't come from the internet. They were bought in a shop and given to me.

mummymeister Fri 05-Oct-12 14:22:51

same thing applies you need to know whats in them the active ingredient in case it interferes with the orlistat. are they from a chemist or health food shop because they then would have details of the active ingredient.

They're not from a chemist or a health shop.

Ingredients on the bottle are:

Trimethylxanthine
Cha de bugre
Green Tea
Bitter orange

and some E numbers. Also says on the bottle 6mg of caffeine per 100mg but each pill is 1000mg and 3 to be taken daily.

But looking online lots of pages talk about other ingredients but I don't know if they are maybe talking about a different version as they still say "chocolate banana".

mummymeister Fri 05-Oct-12 14:33:32

Trimeth is another name for caffeine. Cha is a powered brazillian herb that is supposed to be a wonder drug. if it was then the big drug companies would be using it to make even bigger profits. sorry but these sound like a waste of time. the least they can do is make you feel you have had a big cup of coffee but you might be allergic to some of the ingredients so i would bin them. another in a long line of pills that we fat people are told are wonder drugs when in fact there is only one way to lose weight - put less in than you burn off - only way to lose it and keep it off. no quick or easy fixes.

Kind of hard to put less in than you burn off when you can't really burn anything off.

sookiesookie Sat 06-Oct-12 08:41:48

They sell these at my local supplement store. I think they are primarily to reduce hunger pangs. The caffine and green tea are to boost your digestive system.
Tbf if you can't exercise, they won't do anything. I know a few people who take 'grenade', which has similar ingredients. But the take them to give them an energy boost so the can exercise more or harder. These people swear by them. I can't see them helping if you are not active. If they do actually work.

I have EDS and have been told by physio not to do any high impact exercise and a lot of the time feel too fatigued to do really anything at all.

I have taken them yesterday and the day before now and I felt much more able to get up and do the usual things you should and tbh, I have been cleaning like crazy.

Definitely didn't feel hungry yesterday at all!

Tbh, now I think they're a bloody wonder drug that is curing the fatigue that the Dr's have been telling me I just have to learn to live with! shock

It says on the website they use hoodia (would that be the cha de bugre?), I have used them before and thought they definitely worked.

sookiesookie Sat 06-Oct-12 12:24:45

I thought certain exercise was recommended for eds?
Slightly concerned your go just thinks you should live with it. I hope you get more support.

Fwiw I wouldn't touch these products, but can see your thinking due to your illness. I am in good health and the caffine can cause heart problems, as its in just high amounts.

I would, ideally, speak to a medical prfessional or at least do your own research into side effects.

I've now looked into them quite a lot since yesterday and mostly side effects seem to be: Being jittery, extreme thirst and feeling sick.

So far, I feel okay on them. Haven't taken any today though.

I have some exercises to do but it's not exercise that will make me lose weight! Mostly building up core strength to support all my joints to stop me dislocating joints all the time.

I'm not even allowed to do something like pilates (at the moment) I am not allowed to swim either. sad

I am so fed up being overweight, I feel constantly paranoid if I am outside that people are staring at me.

I just can't seem to stick to a low calorie diet because even though I can't do much I feel so fatigued that I eat to try and stop me feeling so dizzy and tired.

I don't actually eat very much as it is.

Tinytears4eva Sat 11-May-13 10:21:06

Choclate banana pills are wonders the older versions do work newer ones don't I found I tried the 2nd ones as 1st ones had already been banned when I tried if they contain naringun ( they had spelling mistake ) ment to be naringin and caffeine & cha de burge then there simply the best I lost loads of weight on them I'm now trying to hunt them down becoz new ones are a waste of money x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now