If you are on a diet or trying to loose weight, what do you snack on?

(28 Posts)
NoHank Tue 02-Oct-12 19:41:38

I am not following any particular diet but am trying to eat more healthily with the aim of loosing around a stone. The only problem is that now I have started to cut down, the only thing I can think about is food.

I find that evenings are the worst but not sure what the best things are (if anything!) to snack on. I don't particularly like fruit and find it a chore to eat. I prefer savoury to sweet but obviously shouldn't be making cheese on toast or having a couple of packet of crisps at 8pm!

So what foods are the best for those pesky hunger pangs - thanks

Gimblinginthewabe Thu 18-Oct-12 19:02:49

A boiled egg keeps me full for ages. I know they are high in cholesterol, but as part of a balanced diet they are good because they really fill you up so you don't snack.

rhondagraymond Mon 22-Oct-12 15:33:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

rhondagraymond Mon 12-Nov-12 06:19:11

One of the hardest things is to cut back on snacks for me. I think I need to change how I look at food and not make it that important. There are a lot of low card food ideas out there that might make for a good snack but for me, it’s all or nothing so having a more structured diet like Dukan Diet really helps. Plus getting online diet coaching is just what an emotional eater like me needs. Lots of helpful advice here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now