Week 1 Weigh-In - Little Black Dress Low Carb Boot Camp

(982 Posts)

i know you're all dying to get started on the low carb boot camp, and for those who haven't done this before, here is the link to the spreadsheet where you should record your starting weight for Monday 1st October in column c next to your name. Please don't touch any other columns for now

weight is recorded in lbs, so if you have problems converting from kg or stones, FiddledeFat made a handy widget which can be found in the tab at the bottom labelled 'conversion'

if your name isn't on the spreadsheet then you can add yourself by adding a new line and dragging the formulae down from an adjacent row, or just ask me to add you and I will do so as soon as i can

good luck with the first week of bootcamp!

OrangeKat Mon 08-Oct-12 21:11:34

Evening. Sorry to be an arse but you'd better take me off the spreadsheets. My kidneys have gone tits up and i'm back on the steroids so no bootcamp for me- just moonface and fluid retention.
I'll see you on the other side.......

BigBroomstickBIWI Sun 07-Oct-12 08:13:18

*NEW THREAD IS HERE*

DIYapprentice Sun 07-Oct-12 07:46:08

Just weighed myself, I was right, all the processed meat must have caused me to retain water as I'm almost back at the lowest weight of the week and I still haven't had any .... erm.... proper movement. <damn this thead makes you give TMI!!! blush>

BIWI - do you want to start next thread before this one fills up so we can link to it?

WineGless Sat 06-Oct-12 23:07:10

Ps before I go BIWi - are those NUTS I see on your snack list?

shock

WineGless Sat 06-Oct-12 23:06:05

Waves to green eyes and all the other norty boot campers.

Joins them and shuffles off shame faced

GreenEyesAndHam Sat 06-Oct-12 23:01:19

Point taken, bowing out.

Good luck everyone, keep it going x

BigBroomstickBIWI Sat 06-Oct-12 23:00:38

Oh, and for the record, I went to the gym yesterday and today (both sessions on my own, not with my trainer). I have a PT session at 9.30 tomorrow morning.

caramelwaffle Sat 06-Oct-12 22:59:04

Sorry to read about your accident MrsHP Hope you are well.

caramelwaffle Sat 06-Oct-12 22:56:20

Good evening everyone.

BIWI is shouting. Ooooooh what have you all done? Naughty, naughty <shifty look>

No breakfast today
Lunch was chorizo, salami, Gaucamole and Mayonnaise. Twice.
Dinner was from takeaway. Two curried lamb chops and large portion of spiced spinach.

Plus two litres of water.

Next week I am definitely going to cut down my portions and am now o.k. to up my exercise.

Am disappointed at the red peppers being on the no-no list and am really, really craving alcohol. Shall resist <sob>

Have a great weekend.

BigBroomstickBIWI Sat 06-Oct-12 22:42:56

Good plan <nods approvingly>

Thanks everyone for your kind words, even though it was my fault! I do now, 24 hours later, feel a bit better. Have been terrible with my food however, I have made too many excuses, not planned, not drunk enough water and basically not really got going. Just planned meals for next five days at least so feeling positive for the future instead. I am also NOT going to wait until Monday to 'start' again.

BigBroomstickBIWI Sat 06-Oct-12 22:38:13

Oh, and am just eating some cheese

BigBroomstickBIWI Sat 06-Oct-12 22:37:48

Today:

Breakfast - none (didn't get up till late and wasn't really hungry)
Lunch - 2 Black Farmer sausages, 1 rasher back bacon, 2 fried eggs
Dinner - fillet steak, celeriac, cauliflower and leek mash, roasted cauliflower with shallot and butterhead lettuce salad with shallot vinaigrette

snack - roasted, salted almonds

poppy your dinner sounds really lovely!

Poppy1234 Sat 06-Oct-12 22:18:13

As anticipated finding the weekend tricky. No wine which I am very proud of but did succumb to 2 squares of 90% dark chocolate not so proud of but did stop at 2 squares which would have been unheard of.. Otherwise food has been okay.

B: Greek yoghurt
L: smoked chicken and ham salad with avocado and left over aubergine parmigiana
D: Moroccan lamb kofte and chorizo stew from bbcgoodfood on phone so not handy to link, with buttered courgettes and cauliflower rice (DH was fooled again). The site claimed 5.2g carbs per serving but seems a little on the low side as tinned toms formed the sauce. Delicious anyway.

frumpet Sat 06-Oct-12 22:17:31

In my defence , last night was my last social engagement for a long time , infact havent anything on the calendar till Christmas , so i do not apologise for my binge drinking wink

BigBroomstickBIWI Sat 06-Oct-12 22:11:10

After another week, DIY.

DIYapprentice Sat 06-Oct-12 22:07:16

I guess it's probably been mentioned before, but this is a really long thread and I'm tired... wink ... When do we go onto boot camp light?

BIWI thank yous wink... My rant is over blush

BigBroomstickBIWI Sat 06-Oct-12 22:01:02

<clears throat>

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS BOOTCAMP. IT MAY BE THE WEEKEND, AND SOME OF YOU ARE RELAXING ACCORDINGLY, BUT PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EATING DESSERTS, SUGARY TREATS OR DRINKING ALCOHOL. AND IF YOU ARE CONFESSING ALL HERE, PLEASE HAVE SOME SENSITIVITY FOR OTHER POSTERS WHO ARE TRYING NOT TO DO THIS.

I know that the weekend means somewhat different behaviour, but it doesn't mean that all our efforts have to go to pot. And it makes it much harder for other Bootcampers if you splurge your digressions on the thread.

butterflyexperience Sat 06-Oct-12 21:58:09

thanks biwi.
Not weighed myself naked yet!
Maybe on Monday...

BigBroomstickBIWI Sat 06-Oct-12 21:58:04

You make a very good point, Princess.

Sorry that this is making things harder for you. I shall make a proclamation and wave my big stick around.

frumpet Sat 06-Oct-12 21:57:06

Went out last night and had the bottle of wine i was going to , but only ate the allowed food , ie lots of meat and olives , but no scrummy crusty bread and no pudding !

Not sure about weight lose , but my spare tyre is definately deflating smile

Sorry guys but i said it because im finding killing sugary stuff really hard.. Dont know about everyone else but it just makes me think about it even more when i read it on here blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now