Week 1 Weigh-In - Little Black Dress Low Carb Boot Camp

(982 Posts)

i know you're all dying to get started on the low carb boot camp, and for those who haven't done this before, here is the link to the spreadsheet where you should record your starting weight for Monday 1st October in column c next to your name. Please don't touch any other columns for now

weight is recorded in lbs, so if you have problems converting from kg or stones, FiddledeFat made a handy widget which can be found in the tab at the bottom labelled 'conversion'

if your name isn't on the spreadsheet then you can add yourself by adding a new line and dragging the formulae down from an adjacent row, or just ask me to add you and I will do so as soon as i can

good luck with the first week of bootcamp!

GoldenOrangeWhippoorwhill Mon 01-Oct-12 11:18:24

Checking in from the Premier Inn in Christchurch. I had the mixed grill in the adjoining Beefeater last night. Had salad with it and only stole 4 chips from my husband. I also didn't eat the onion rings but I don't actually like them so that was no hardship. smile We shared a bottle of red wine and had a G and slimline T. First one since I started this diet and it was far too sweet.

Breakfast was pretty processed but nice, sausage, bacon, mushrooms and poached eggs and two pots of full fat plain yoghurt. It felt quite amazinly decadent to be taking the butter pats from the bready area to put on my eggs. Am too stuffed to move now so flumped on the bed Mumsnetting.

No idea how much I weigh but was 11 stone 2 lbs before we went away. Bet I'm not any more.

Jacaqueen Mon 01-Oct-12 11:19:29

Is this the chat thread?

I am going to try and break my tea addiction this week. This morning for the first time in years I did not have a cup of tea with milk. Just had some hot water and an now having chamomile. I can easily use up about 10 g of carbs per day in milk if I am not careful.

caramelwaffle Mon 01-Oct-12 11:26:49

Yes, or no to Sun dried tomatoes in oil?

100g drained

234 cal Protein 6.8g Carbohydrates 22.1g (sugars 8.2g) Fat 13.8g

BigStickBIWI Mon 01-Oct-12 11:28:24

Yes, Jac - we'll stay on the one thread, I think, although I will start a fresh one each week.

caramel - I think those are a bit carby, but it depends how many of them you're having/what else you're eating.

caramelwaffle Mon 01-Oct-12 11:30:12

Plain chicken breast and spinach. Think I'll go the leeks fried in butter for taste instead. Thanks for answer.

NotAgainAndAgain Mon 01-Oct-12 11:34:28

I added my line not realising I am already there! Thank you for that!
I hope I did not mess it up by removing the added to the bottom line a duplicate of my dear self.
For breakfast Greek yogurt with 10 raspberries. I kinda know that raspberries no good for the bootcamp start - but can't do plain. None allowed at all?
Swear to go eggs tomorrow.

ABitWoozy Mon 01-Oct-12 11:34:55

Ooh a recipe thread? Shall have to seek that one out, have spent the last month eating mainly boiled eggs and salad, yawn.

Beef in cream sauce can indeed be wondrous, Ewan, cook minute steaks, take out of pan, slosh double cream in with the juices till thickened, loads of salt and pepper and stick the lot on top of a salad... Best. Meal. Ever. (So dh says anyway, his standards aren't so high due to my rubbish cooking )

wordfactory Mon 01-Oct-12 11:38:40

Hi guys.
I have no scales at home, so can't put in my weight. Around ten stone, I supsect. I will order some online later.

Had scrambled eggs for breakfast.

SpeckleDust Mon 01-Oct-12 11:43:43

Just added my weight to the spreadsheet. I'm already having second thoughts about doing Bootcamp but I'd started introducing far too many carbs on a daily basis (lemon drizzle cake, crisps, rice, to name a few) so this ought to act as a reset.

B: Scrambled egg
L: Chicken soup (carcass stock + veggies + scraps of chicken from carcass)
D: Not sure yet....

Had the most amazing omelette with a very little extra mature cheddar this morning, lots of water, green salad with cold tandoori chicken and an espresso for lunch and starting to think about dinner but not really hungry. I've even fed the kids and wasn't interested in their leftovers at all - amazing!

I actually started yesterday as I had a crazy day today with work and didn't want to feel too rough. It worked out that I spent 3 hours yesterday (my day 1) at a 4th birthday party resisting pizza, crisps, wine and birthday cake ("go on, it's only a small piece" ... "er no thanks, I'm scared of BIWI trying to be good"). Anyhoo, did well yesterday, then fatally weighed myself this morning and hadn't lost an ounce.

DH announced yesterday that we have been invited to a colleague's house for dinner on Friday ... why is it I can go for weeks not being invited anywhere and now I have birthday parties and dinner invitations coming out of my ears? Gah!

bonjour! im here, breakfast was cheese and meat and salad. weird but filling. grin

hellsbells99 Mon 01-Oct-12 11:56:34

I am joining you all if that's ok. My weight is ridiculous so I need all the help and support I can get! Scrambled eggs for breakfast smile

Viperidae Mon 01-Oct-12 12:11:37

I am here and ready to roll (almost literally with my body shape at the moment!) I have done a bit of exercise today which is a good start too.

I am putting 100 in the weight column and counting down as I don't want to use my actual weight. I'm very much bigger than the rest of you and am ready to make changes but not ready to see my weight written down even if you don't all know me in person!

Have started off with scrambled eggs for breakfast although I did have 2 small rashers of streaky bacon with it. Can someone remind me why no processed food please? I tend to view it, probably irrationally as "good processed" like bacon, ham, smoked fish, etc which I do eat and "bad processed" like ready meals, stuff containing mechanically recovered, unrecognisable meat, etc which I don't.

I am off to buy some fizzy water later to replace my Coke addiction. Am I right to stick to unflavoured? I can't imagine the sugar free flavoured ones to be much better than Coke but don't know if I'm right or not.

Good luck everybody.

GreenEyesAndHam Mon 01-Oct-12 12:21:22

Added my weight to the spreadsheet.

Breakfast was egg, bacon and sausage. Lunch will be...small, I'm still stuffed from breakfast.

here is the recipe thread

lots of fab things on there, and winegless has been nobly adding things to the low carb recipe section on MN too

here is some guidance on adding yourself to the spreadsheet for those who feel they need it:

1. find your place in the alphabetical list

2. right-click on the line number on the far left of the name that goes alphabetically before yours (this will highlight the whole row)

3. select 'insert 1 below' in the menu that pops up

4. add your name in column A

5. write 01-Oct-2012 in column B

6. add your current weight in lb in column C

if you are up to it, then you can drag the formulae from the row above too, but don't worry if you don't feel you can do that. also, if you have been low carbing since before the start of this bootcamp and would like your loss to date added to the spreadsheet, just let me know your start date and start weight and I will get those added

mumtoblaire Mon 01-Oct-12 12:27:55

Not sure which thread to post on so have copied post from 6am and will post here from now on.

I have filled in weight on spreadsheet - 140 lbs

For breakfast

2 boiled eggs
cup of decaf tea with 50ml soya milk - 0.1 gram carb

snack at 10am

2 x slice of cheese and some ham
try to get through 1.5ml water before twelve

Never even felt hungry this morningshock and was shocked when it was lunch as I hadn't ate my snack yet. So snack became lunch with some cucumber, mayo and beautiful extra virgin oil oil.

I have drunk my water and managed not to have any tea at work. I am a total tea addict and can get through 6-7 cups at work - all with a big splash of semi-skimmed milk.

MmeLindor Mon 01-Oct-12 12:40:33

Am drinking lots of water and thinking that I might get the loo downstairs repaired sooner rather than later.

Lunch will be chicken with green beans and cream - I bought some lovely creme de gruyere this weekend.

BIWI
How strict are we being with the alcohol? Am I allowed a bottle glass of champagne to celebrate today is book publishing day?

Bacon and egg
Salad nicoise
Broccoli cheese soup
Spring chicken & LCD veg

Walked/cycled school run
Swam almost a mile

Exhausted but pleased.

Thank you for all the encouragement

Shagmundfreud Mon 01-Oct-12 12:43:58

Breakfast - latte made with 50mls lactose free milk
Protein shake - scoop unflavoured whey protein powder, water, vanilla extract and 30mls lactose free cream).

Lunch - big bowl of home-made coleslaw (only cabbage, no carrot).

Not weighed myself today. Was waiting to have an ...ahem... big poo first.

grin

halfthesize Mon 01-Oct-12 12:47:00

Morning ladies

Well after disaster of a weekend with too much wine, food(including) crisps and treacle pud, weigh in was not good, gained 4lbs since Fridayblush

Start weight 9st!!!

Good luck everyonesmile

Breakfast was prawns was in a rush and got builders in!
Lunch - soup
Dinner - Chicken with lemon tyme and cream served with veg

Ilovemyteddy Mon 01-Oct-12 12:49:19

Hellsbells99 - I was your weight when I started this in mid-Jan and am now 58lbs lighter, so wanted to say to you that if you stick to this WOE you will see the weight come off. I had a couple of blips on two holidays and put a bit back on, but one week of getting back to LC-ing and the weight shifted. I'm not 'good' all the time - I have to have my latte in the morning in order to function - but the weight keeps slowly going down. I don't drinkwine very often, however, which helps smile

Good luck!

I weighed myself before my shower this morning and was 166.4lbs. I weighed myself AFTER my shower because I'd forgotten what weight I was (stayed up late to watch the Ryder Cup - woohoo!) and was 165.2lb...I must have been really dirty grin I decided to go with the higher weight on the spreadsheet.

Viperidae - I'm a bit naughty when it comes to processed food (the 'good' kind that you talk about) and it doesn't seem to have affected my weight. But Bootcamp is also supposed to be about eating healthily, which is why it's a no-no for the next two weeks. Definitely unflavoured water - we are trying to break the addiction to sweet stuff too - even if it's sweetened artificially it's still not good. I've got a feeling that unfizzy water is better than fizzy, but can't remember why.

Hang in there! This WOE works (and I've tried all sorts of 'diets' before which don't work in the longterm.)

NewStartSameStory Mon 01-Oct-12 12:49:49

I have decided this drinking water thing is dangerous!!!!. I have just coughed water out of my nose. It is not to be recommended. And now I am here to confess that I need BIWI to clout me with that big stick of hers. 1st day and have had a fuck up. Coffee with milk and sugar. Am hoping that due to the high high high quantities of carbs I would normally consume lets e honest I pretty much only eat carbs normally this will just stop my tipping into wtf fuck do you think you are trying to do? No caffine or carbs? You are insane thus must suffer body response serious carb crash.

4 hours sleep is also not the best way to go. Day of meetings so food looks like this:

Breakfast: 2 soft boiled eggs
Meeting: 2 cups coffee
Lunch: 3 sausages + 3/4 ltr water
Tea will be cottage pie without the potato and extra veg if I am organised.

Tomo is going to hurt. Early night is definitely on order. I might die from lack of caffine. 3lts coke to nil is going to hurt

To those who else look at these 10stone figures that people are posting and think I am dreaming of being that. I am joining you I am 80kg - almost 12 1/2 stone. I am aiming for 70kg for now. I want to be there before Christmas. A stone and half to lose to achieve that.

MmeLindor Mon 01-Oct-12 12:51:05

Anyone got good ideas for lunches to take into work? I am a bit stumped on that one.

CobOnTheCorn Mon 01-Oct-12 12:55:12

I'm on the spreadsheet so it's official - I'm bootcamping!

I had boiled eggs for breakfast and some chicken for lunch with caesar dressing, olives and cucumber.

I'm drinking some decaf coffee with a spash of cream to warm me up.

We're going out for dinner so I'm going to look at the menu in advance and make a choice before I feel too hungry and get swayed by looking at other diner's plates!

Spamspamspam Mon 01-Oct-12 12:55:32

Spreadsheet going very very slow for me and doesn't really want to co-operate so could someone pretty please put my starting weight on which is 166 lbs (despite being 164 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday grrrrrr).

Thanks muchly grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now