NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES weight loss part 2

(1000 Posts)
Goldidi Sat 29-Sep-12 14:06:05

We've nearly grown out of the last thread here so i started the new one.

We're all doing different things but we're all here to support each other on the journey. We kick each other when we need it and offer sympathy when that's more appropriate.

Yup tortoise same problem as I need the long legs, also can't have studs on back also no pockets either

tiggy114 Tue 02-Oct-12 09:21:44

Rowing i'm in the same boat. I used to get told by teacher how to toilet train my 6 yo! He had undiagnosed childhood constipation! They even put my name forward for parenring classes! He's 9 now and we've finally deregistered him today! Can't take the stress and unhappy boy no longer. Home school from now on. Hope i don't start eating more though sad

rowingboat Tue 02-Oct-12 11:50:07

Twiggy your poor ds. I hope you both get a break with him out of that environmental! There are lots of homeschooling resources online and outings and that sort of thing. I considered it at one point myself.

ICBINEG Tue 02-Oct-12 14:57:55

Gosh tiggy I remember (from my previous MN incarnation) reading about the horrors of fecal impaction and the problems of TT. Was that you? If it was I owe you huge thanks because I was failing to take my own post childbirth issues seriously and the thread was a massive wakeup call to get myself to the doctors. A year down the line and I am still having smallish issues (to much info) but I think things could have been so very much worse.

RumBaaBaa Tue 02-Oct-12 15:29:38

A ha, found the thread! Took me a few days to figure out what had happened, can't believe we filled a thread so quick.

I, in my genius, have packed my bathroom scales as we are moving in ten days so I haven't been able to weigh in this week. I've had a reasonably healthy week. Not feeling much thinner so I don't think I've repeated my 5lb loss from the week before but all will be revealed when we move grin

ICBINEG Tue 02-Oct-12 15:43:36

I forgot to say I treated myself by buying DD two new toys that I probably shouldn't have grin. We got a playmobile zoo thingy and a drum/xylophone/maracas set.

I am now feeling so hungry I feel sick instead.

xxxresixxx Tue 02-Oct-12 17:09:21

I bought the hairy bikers diets cook book today- it looks amazing!

Me too icB SOO hungry but want kids to be in bd so I can eat in peace and enjoy it.

resi I want that book too!

xxxresixxx Tue 02-Oct-12 18:06:43

It was only seven quid in adds and has normal food I like to eat in it- not stuff you need odd ingredients for... It looks like it fits in well with or life style philosophy as it just changes how I would cook stuff I normally cook :-)

xxxresixxx Tue 02-Oct-12 18:10:17

Asda...

I'm wanting kids to go to bed so I can I'm tired and hungry but no calories left . So only way can advoid is bed <yawns >

I was just on MFP to check if I had any cals left.. I have had 959cals today...not enough left to have anything yummy. i will have some dry cereal i think.

Some days ok most days seems to many hours left in a day for calories left

I found last night hard too. It wasn't exactly hunger as I'm really trying to learn when I'm hungry and when I'm thirsty. I didn't feel comfortable, hard to describe. Maybe empty is a better word even though I'd had quite a big dinner? So I had lots of water (in case it was thirst) and some grapes and pickled onions (not at the same time). Seemed to feel better after that.

I wonder if thin people feel like that all the time.

(not told dh I'm losing weight, he probably thinks i'm pregnant again with weird nocturnal munchies! Laughs)

cookieowner Wed 03-Oct-12 12:04:29

ive had quite a good week so far, in anticipation for my weekend away visiting dd3 at university and the inevitable eating out that brings! ( so many lovely places to eat)

The evenings are always the worst time i think , i try and keep back enough calories for a small supper of some sort , often 4 carrs crackers and a light laughing cow ( 100 cals)
I know i need more food after tea so knowing i can have something is a definate way to stop me eating unsuitable stuff , although a glass of wine goes well with my crackers....

ICBINEG Wed 03-Oct-12 13:20:47

Having to diet and AF at the same time just IS NOT FAIR.

I didn't really want DD to turn out to be a girl AND THIS IS WHY....poor little chicken...she has no idea what is coming....well this and morning sickness...and putting your life (a little bit) on the line in order to reproduce unlike MEN...

<wanders off muttering darkly>

Hiya everyone...struggling unexpectedly today. With dinner I will have had 1200 cals...do you think this is ok or a bit too much??

I try to stay at 1000 but I cannot do it today I am STARVING...

what's everyone else eating tonight?? I have a low fat mushroom stroganoff and rice.

cookieowner Wed 03-Oct-12 15:59:14

1200 is a good level for a steady weight loss, ive been on 1100-1200 since i started as recommended by the calorie counter i use, it depends on your weight and your goals really
if you are starving today its best to allow yourself 1200 rather than end up eating chocolate or something to fix a hunger pang later!
i had an innocent pot for lunch and have fish potatoes and sprouts for tea

I have an innocent pot for tommorrow! They are AMAZING

cookieowner Wed 03-Oct-12 16:57:16

it was my first one ! was very filling as well as tasty so quite impressed with that

tiggy114 Wed 03-Oct-12 17:04:45

Youcan, i couldn't do 1000 a day. I do 1200 without factoring in excercise. So if i do some it's a bonus. But if i only ate 1000 calories a day, i'd be miserable.

Peers in fridge hmm not a lot , looks like chicken tonight again

Hi youcan

I signed up to mfp last week and decided to go down to 1500 calories a day to lose a 1lb a week, but I find that most days I get by on 1200 cals a day which will lose 2lb a week. I'm terrified of going lower (not that I would be able to really) because of going into starvation mode. I think if I tried to do 1000 a day I would be too miserable and would give up so I can see why you're finding it hard.

Today I had a bad day. Mum and brother came over so lots of nibbling on crisps and nuts (and a quarter of a chocolate muffin which I didn't really enjoy, it was too sweet). So dinner will be some smoked mackerel with a salad. Not looking forward to it. Was going to be casserole but couldn't get rid of visitors.

Goonatic Wed 03-Oct-12 21:18:39

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I'm back! In my new house!

Downside - no fucking healthy food, oh bollocks!!!
Upside - lost the bastardy scales!!!! Oh Yeay!!!

OH MAAAAN I have missed you all so much!!!!

Oh my goodness, so much to catch up on, seems like we have all stepped down from the wagon and waved it off merrily.

Right. I have been shit, some of you have been shit, let's not be shit any more. hides pizza boxes

Am I going to have to go and weigh myself in Boots!!!? Eek, might have to use my skinny rake marathon running mum's scales. Will go and do that er the weekend and will do a proper weigh in on Monday.

Missed you all SOOOO much! Love you losers x

Goonatic Wed 03-Oct-12 21:24:50

Ps which curtains do we like the best for my new living room?
quirky
funky
hahahahah

This thread is not accepting new messages.