NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES weight loss part 2

(1000 Posts)
Goldidi Sat 29-Sep-12 14:06:05

We've nearly grown out of the last thread here so i started the new one.

We're all doing different things but we're all here to support each other on the journey. We kick each other when we need it and offer sympathy when that's more appropriate.

Ooh I am sure I replied to this! <going mad>
We did rheindahlen and then Berlin, roughly same time too! Small world x

Feeling poopy over the weekend has definitely made my stomach shrink. Also, we didn't drink wine on sat night, or sun night so I am sure that helped. Have bought myself some camomile tea for the weekends now!

How are we all doing today?

Hi charlie, I hope you're feeling better now. I am almost better, back not as painful today, but had to collect dd1 from school at lunchtime as she had a headache and tummy ache. She's not completely better but she's just gone to sleep so I hope she'll be better in the morning. She's only 4 and usually goes to bad at 6.30 so I hope she doesn't suffer from lack of sleep too.

I had a coffee morning with some other mums and i had to laugh because one of them has lost two kilos and the other mums were all congratulating her saying how well she looked! Yet nobody's noticed my 18lb loss. They probably saw me eating half the biscuits and thought I'm too much of a pig to ever lose weight! Ate soup at lunchtime and chicken for dinner to make up for my gluttony with the biscuits. I am very bored with food at the moment and not really enjoying it.

I am loving herbal tea at the moment, i used to drink loads of cappuccino's and have swapped with tea, mainly peppermint. Must try camomile one day.

Hi checkpoint I did get reply but on pm and sent one back

Johnny hope Dd sleeps ok Nd yup that is do annoying that no one notices it and 18lb is not a small amount

Am haing on in there but fed up if chickenpox's now but also so grateful that once home Fron school ds1 and ds2 are old enough to look after spotty child and I can escape for a few . Though saying that weather Is vile . Am going place order for wood and nails build myself an ARK

Johnny

Im meh about food only eat because I have to not because I enjoy food any more

ICBINEG Wed 28-Nov-12 18:18:11

DM got confirmation of the "making it through another year unlikely" prognosis. On the one hand no major organs are yet on the fritz so we have a least some time to go. But the odds are certainly in favour of this being our last christmas together...

I have already unleashed my rage about this on AIBU but I might need a little hand holding here too....if anyone has a spare hand that is...I am sure there a worse things going on even on our little weight loss thread.

I actually have no idea how I didn't eat my body weight in pizza last night (well DH putting healthy food in front of me was probably a key part), but I doubt it will last.

gah...back to the screaming rage for a bit I think...

human I have a crap memory! Sorry!!!!!!! Also chickenpox is rubbish, they get so distressed don't they, poor you.

Oh ic that is shit, shit news. I have two hands spare at the moment, both yours. Could you do something really bonkers this Christmas, I dunno, go to a Christmas fair (Birmingham do a brill one), pay for caterers to do Christmas dinner, go to lapland or something like that? Or you could do her a massive photo album with pictures of your whole family over the years or something? Have you got any old video footage of any of you that you can have digitalised? Or a pic put on a canvas? Those kind of things might help you to help her iyswim?

I am not sure that any of us on here have anything so heartbreaking going on. Mega ((((((((((((hug)))))))))))

Icb I'm so sorry to hear your news. I ventured into AIBU (usually too scared) to look at your thread and was really moved by everyone's experiences. Grandparents are so important, i had two amazing grandparents and I can completely understand why you should be angry that dd will miss out on so much. In fact I'm still sad that my gps died when I was 19 and 22 so they didn't get to see me graduate or have 2dds, the first of whom was named after my grandmother. Wish I could help more.

I know that it must be hard to see a bright side but I'm sure your mum is very proud of you and the mum that you've become and you will have given her unimaginable pleasure with a grandchild. Big, big hug.

Hmmm, putting things into perspective, my concerns are all very trivial. Marks fish pie for dinner shortly, I'm looking forward to it. Annoyed that I have bid for 3 gorgeous size 12 items on eBay and some arse has beaten me at the last minute. By the time I get an email telling me I've been outbid it's too late to make a higher bid. Are there really people who watch eBay to beat someone's bid in the last minute? I think they have too much time on their hands.

thanks to ICB

So sorry you have to go through this. We are here for whatever you want to vent about.

Icb
So sorry and both hands free when you need them

Icb
So sorry and both hands free when you need them

ICBINEG Thu 29-Nov-12 01:13:40

CPC I think I actually felt that hug!

Thanks all for the kind thoughts thanks

Well I am feeling a little more together...mostly due to being totally mean to people at badminton for a couple of hours....

The thread was not at all what I expected....and has actually given me a huge number of genuinely lovely ideas. Just when you get all jaded about MN it really surprises you...

Mathsdidi Thu 29-Nov-12 10:56:06

icb my hand is here for you to hold. That is rubbish. I hope you can make this Christmas really special for all of you.

Good plan, thrash someone with a racket! X

Had my first Xmas party tonight and I've just been on mfp trying to work out how many calories I just ate. It was a buffet and I reckon I polished off about 800 cals on one small plateful of food. shock And how can wine have so many calories? I didn't eat as much as I wanted so am going to bed a bit hungry (and a little tipsy after just two glasses of Chardonnay).

Icb

I find something that lets my anger out can help when feeling arghhhh

Johnny

Sounds like fun night and well deserved night of

way to late to bed and wont b no exercising today am stiff and ache spent all night building igloo ( picture on profile)

HOW did you make that!! It's amazing! And the backdrop is brill.

I cheated igloo is a kit in about 10 pieces and backdrop found in amazon . Have giant snowman one go up yet and a gingerbread cottage

Been tough few years so am going OTT ANC I don't care and you know what I am even planning have Xmas day of grin

I may be obsessing what am going to eat as treat and cheese and crackers with butter on them is top of the list

Amaazing!! Glad you are getting into the spirit of it all Human. I have never had any christmas spirit... but I am very much enjoying yours grin

Enjoy christmas day for the love of God!!

Where are we all! I am NOT looking forward to the weigh in on Monday. I will do it, despite having a slightly rubbish week. <eyeing crunchie wrapper on floor>

Hope everyone is having a good weekend x

Hello checkpoint I was going to ask that question myself. It's quiet, hope everyone's having a good weekend.

I had my long anticipated girls day / night out tonight. Back in September I set a weightloss target of 20lb by tonight and I weighed myself this morning and I had achieved it but I have eaten so much in the last two days I'm sure I'll put on a couple of pounds. The day started with a spa and I was always worried about being seen in a swimming costume but I have a very good costume that pulls the flab in I didn't feel too self conscious about my body and I was able to relax.

I'm feeling really bloated now, I've not got the hang of eating out,I still have to eat everything on a plate whereas at home I give myself quite small portions. Tomorrow a friends cooking for me too so I expect i'll eat too much again.

Not looking forward to weigh in on Monday, I'll be very surprised if I don't put weight on.

Yes well I am still coasting along. I have had a couple of chocolate days and a couple of normal days and a couple of very good days so concentrating on staying the same...I do not have much motivation so i just want to not undo the work I have done so when I am ready I will continue to make progress. Small steps and all that...

I may weigh in...not sure. If I get abad result I binge so for me, unless I am confident, it is better not to weigh.

Best of luck to those that are weighing. This is a bloody difficult time of year to diet.

Festivedidi Sun 02-Dec-12 15:55:13

I love the igloo Human. I'd love to do something like that but I would never figure out where we could put it in our little living/dining room. Maybe once dd2 is a bit bigger and has her toys all in her bedroom instead of taking over the living room we could do something big. Atm even our tree is quite small and is behind the tv so it can't be knocked over 10 times a day. I think I'll

I haven't had a great week. Too much chocolate blush. Not sure if I'll weigh in tomorrow or not. I possibly won't then try and have a good week this week so I lose over the 2 weeks, which would make me feel better about myself. I need to do this though because my mum has joined SW a few weeks ago and is catching me up in the weight loss stakes. I do NOT want to be fatter than my mum!!!

I think come the New Year we will all be extra motivated without a doubt. Not say let everything go but just having a normal/ healthy diet is reasonable until I release the Big Guns for the new Year!! I have bought weights and will be attempting do sit ups. I will start at x15 and up them by 1 every other night. That way I may see a flatter stomach and more defined arms in a few months.

ICBINEG Sun 02-Dec-12 16:32:05

gah so I took photos of myself and found some old ones from pre-diet...but I just look so hideous in all of them that I ended up stuffing chocolate all weekend. Not sure I will ever wear the party dress now!

Definitely going to be a bad weigh in...and I still can't face putting pictures on line...

This thread is not accepting new messages.