NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES weight loss part 2

(1000 Posts)
Goldidi Sat 29-Sep-12 14:06:05

We've nearly grown out of the last thread here so i started the new one.

We're all doing different things but we're all here to support each other on the journey. We kick each other when we need it and offer sympathy when that's more appropriate.

Tortoise Mon 01-Oct-12 13:27:13

Well done to all the losers smile.
I'm feeling positive today. I will have a good week! I have to keep strong.

I wonder if there is a reason that a good few of us found last week so hard and caved in so much?

I think it will be a while before anyone notices any weight loss on me. Only 2 friends know I'm trying to lose weight.

torotise this week can be the a making of you!! People will soon notice.

ICBINEG Mon 01-Oct-12 15:25:35

tortoise maybe the change in weather? It was a lot lot colder last week than the few weeks previously....

cantmakecarrotcake Mon 01-Oct-12 15:59:05

I was going to say the weather too. Comfort food is very appealing when it's miserable out.

Lunch wasn't great. There were 4 crumpets left so I grilled them with cheese, gave 1 to DD, had 3 for myself, then finished DD's when she'd opted to only eat 2 mouthfuls (her poor eating is a big stress point for me)

youcan I'll get through today then I'm back at work tomorrow afternoon so can more easily limit myself to fruit snacks.

Dingle Mon 01-Oct-12 16:27:41

Can I join in please? I really need to change my diet and lifestyle. The Summer holidays is not a great time for me and I always seem to put on weight. I weighed in at 11st3lb last Wednesday and thought to myself I must do something about it.

Thursday I had terrible pains, in so much agony I had to leave work early- possible indigestion not really sure and now I have come down with flu. I also suffer with IBS.

I am aiming to lose about 1 stone and then see how I go. What do I need to do? Where do I start please?

well done Carrot....Not so bad when in a routine. i can be good in the week but struggle on the weekend. But we can still make progress like that - albiet a little bit slower.

I am hoping GOONATIC makes it back online soon - wonder if she weighed in??

xxxresixxx Mon 01-Oct-12 16:33:48

Welcome dingle! There's no rules per say other than weighing in every Monday (you don't have to post your weight if you don't want- just the loss /gain if you prefer.. Just be honest, it's useful to check in through the week for support. No fixed diet being used- it's a commitment to a lifestyle and as everyones lifestyle differs, so do chosen diet methods :-)

Well said resi - lifestyle changes that will result in weight loss smile

xxxresixxx Mon 01-Oct-12 16:40:28

Of course :-). I plan to burn some calories by gutting my house tomorrow while I'm on sick leave from my OP and DS is at his childminders. It's very evident how much I normally do around the house and how little DJ does when I'm ill.... Think ill get some stews and casseroles batch cooked too :-)

TCforTopCat Mon 01-Oct-12 16:56:04

Hello all, just weighed and I have lost a pound. So 12st exactly now.

Had a rotten week last week with a horrid cold so pleased to have lost anything.

Will be back on the treadmill, literally and metaphorically this week.

I am going to take inspiration from the Europe Ryder Cup team and not be beaten!!!grin

rowingboat Mon 01-Oct-12 18:12:32

Hi all, lost my post this morning, so attempt number two!
First of all ycrmb, you little tinker, you didn't expect to have lost weight did you, and you weren't planning to weigh! smile
Resi that plan is is totally doable. I reckon you will hit your target weight before December though!
Well done to everyone who lost weight, brilliant!
If you didn't lose this time, it is hard, but come out fighting! It's a temporary setback and next week you will have overcome it! [waves Pom poms]
I did manage to lose weight, despite the Macmillan coffee morning disaster and having dinner at my folks. I am under 10 stone for the first time in a good 8 years. I have gone down from 10 st 2 to 9 stone 13. i am aiming for around 9 stone 7 so if i can keep going for another month I hope to make it.
I am flagging badly at the moment after going for a big lunch with friends at a tapas place.
I knew this would be a big eating day, so start again tomorrow.
My son's teacher is starting to make me feel depressed. I have to speak to her every day because he has been chatting in class and interrupting. I don't really know how much I can do. He is seven and really doesn't remember much do what I tell him, but she seems to think I can give fix him at home somehow. Really not sure what to do anymore, it has been pretty much since he went back. I wouldn't mind, but he hardly said a word in his first year in class.

rowing well done - not easy to lose weight when you are already a low weight. you must look very trim envy Well done - you can get to 9.7 if you stick with us wink

Now, about your son. How stressful for you. My dd is 7 soon. Chatterboxes and are not thinking before they speak...it is like all his thoughts are pouring out without his control. Does he interrupt you at home? My dd has got bad for it and I am stopping her, finishing my sentence and then allowing her to have her turn.
It will not last forever...wait for the teachers on here to reply - they may well have some ideas. or post in another topic and some teachers may well be able to help. thanks

jeansdoneupwitharubberband Mon 01-Oct-12 19:23:42

<waggling pom poms energetically>
Yay! glad to hear everyone is doing well! Collectively we have lost over 60lbs! lost count after 56 so i rounded up and thats not including people who havent posted exact weight loss, my scales said 2lbs heavier than last thurs, but its technically mid week for me and i think i can undo the damage i did on sat night by thurs again!
remember, the more fat we lose and muscle we gain, our bodies will start burning more and more calories for us! keep up the exercise, it doesnt matter what you do just keep doing it!
glad you weighed in youcan, i had a gut feeling it wouldnt be as bad as you thought!
bathtime for the small person then brew and smoothie lolly for my daily treat smile

jeansdoneupwitharubberband Mon 01-Oct-12 19:24:11

oops forgot to return pom poms.... here they are x

Tortoise Mon 01-Oct-12 19:47:14

I'm so pissed off.
I just sat down on the floor to continue paper mache task and my only well fitting jeans split right around the back of my big fat stupid thigh. sad
Now what the Hell do I wear. I will have toget another pair but I can't see 18 fitting yet and these were a bit big but fit in the leg. Must have worn thin with all the rubbing together of thighs when walking. sad and angry with myself.

jeansdoneupwitharubberband Mon 01-Oct-12 20:18:14

sad aw tortoise you have my sympathy, i have split more pairs of jeans than i care to think of, if your like me, you find one pair that work and wear them to death. Can you make do with some trousers you already have for another week or so then try for the size you want? rather than getting some that fit now, but will definately be too big in another couple of weeks? you may surprise yourself and find they fit after all, or you could try my favourite - jeans done up with a rubber band wink

xxxresixxx Mon 01-Oct-12 20:24:58

Oh no! Just typical! Must be one of those days... I ordered a coat online and two turned up today and I've been charged for both! Amazon bought it twice and charged me twice and out was expensive...here

Guipure about these tortoise? Cheapish but you won't need them for long!
http://m.evans.co.uk/mt/www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?pageSize=20&catalogId=33054&viewAllFlag=false&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&beginIndex=1&categoryId=209557&storeId=12553&parent_categoryId=209439&refinements=Size%7B1%7D~%5B20%5D%5Ecategory~%5B247524%7C209557%5D&noOfRefinements=2&un_jtt_v_refinement=category~[247524|209557]$$$Jeans+%26+Denim -

Tortoise Mon 01-Oct-12 20:36:01

I'm sure I have a size 18 pair somewhere that I could try. Other than that I have one other pair that just about fit but are well worn. What if they split when I'm out?
Ebay is my best bet but no guarantee they will fit.

FedUpOfRain Mon 01-Oct-12 20:51:06

Oh Tortoise I know that feeling well - massive rips in 3 pairs of jeans (in the thigh area too) in the space of 2 weeks!! It was the massive kick up the bum I needed. I have bought a cheap pair from primark (£7) and then I will buy lots of lovely new clothes when I get to the size I want to be.
Loving your positivity jeansdoneup thank you!!

Tortoise Mon 01-Oct-12 20:55:34

I found 3 lovely pairs in a 16. One pair nearly do up lol! Can't find the size 18s though.
Last time I bought some in primark it was awful. Found one pair in there that just about fit but would have been better in long not reg but they didn't have any.

jeansdoneupwitharubberband Mon 01-Oct-12 21:08:01

Gah! if the 16's nearly do up, dont buy 18's! get a rubber band and a long shirt!
if you stick to it this week, they will probs do up next monday!! go for it! grin

Goldidi Mon 01-Oct-12 21:56:02

Hi all. I've stayed the same this week which is ok as i had a rubbish week this past week and have eaten crap all weekend. Af turned up this afternoon too which obviously didn't help.

Tortoise, I would go with jeans suggestion of rubber band and long shirt with the size 16s as long as that is reasonably comfortable for you. I currently have a pair of jeans that need a massive belt and have small holes in the inner thigh (I don't sit so people can see my inner thighs normally) and a pair of cargo pants done up with a safety pin because the button came off. I refuse to buy more clothes this size, so am making do and 'mending' until I am slimmer. I have a few pairs of jeans in a 16 which I haven't tried for a while but the 18s are feeling much looser so might get the 16s out next weekend for a try on.

rowing I really don't know why teachers expect parents to be able to fix it at home. I never get parents involved unless it's really serious but I suppose it's different at secondary where we don't see parents every day. Personally I would expect her to sort out his behaviour at school seeing as she's the person there at the time. 7yos are not known for their ability to remember instructions long term. Next time she says anything could you ask her for a meeting to discuss how school are managing his behaviour and how you can support this at home? That way it shows them you want to be part of the solution but you want them to deal with it as well.

rowingboat Mon 01-Oct-12 22:28:26

Hi all,

Goldidi and ycrmb thank you for your support over the chatting boy! I do feel quite helpless because I feel I have suggested as much as I can about joined up discipline, where she uses our home strategies, such as loss of computer time. The first day she complained I actually felt as if I had done something wrong, it was awful, she ranted at me for ten minutes about it not being 'good enough'. I felt like explaining that I wasn't telling him to chat all day and annoy her.
I think it is time to have a proper meeting because she introduced the problem of social skills? Which has confused me further.
Ycrmb I think you have a point about the interrupting, he is pretty bad and we had a chat tonight about saying 'excuse me' and waiting - unless there is a genuine emergency (which doesn't include needing a snack).

Dingle hi there, I have only just joined because I needed some dieting chat and I had just finished up on the 5:2 thread. I had gone up over to 11 stones a few months ago and have lost over a stone. Never thought I would be under 10 stones again, am amazed! What's your plan of action?

Tortoise what a pain about the trousers. I live in one pair myself, complete with bleach stains from housework. I tend to pop to the local charity shop for everyday things. Have saved a fortune and they usually have a big range of sizes. At least that way you don't have to spend much on clothes which won't fit for long. You can put them back into the shop when you are in your size 12 jeans!

I wearing sports pants and leggings as they can shrink with me , am wearing my jeans bit they to big really but since no standing means not worried about them sliding to floor am not wanting to spend out till lost a lot more ideally

Tortoise Mon 01-Oct-12 23:54:31

16s are too small to wear yet. Even with a band!
I work in the charity shop so get lots of chance to look at stock. Not been in for a week because I didn't want to pass a cold onto the oldies lol. Going tomorrow so fingers crossed for a pair that fit. Problem is I really need long leg and not many of those come in!

This thread is not accepting new messages.