Myfitnesspal.com support thread 5

(990 Posts)

A shiny new thread for existing users of mfp and for anyone new who would like to join us for support, bottom kicking and general chatting smile

Old thread here

Chopstheduck Wed 06-Feb-13 09:11:01

I'm getting a bit bored with salad at the moment. Need to think of some other healthy lunch ideas that don't involve carbs. Might splurge on a poached egg on toast today though, since it is a run day.

I'm going to be busy today anyway dh has taken my car fro the day, and ds has cross country today. so that 6 miles of school runs to do just for starters! <sigh> Then it's scouts which will be another 2 miles if dh doesn't get back on time.

Chopstheduck Wed 06-Feb-13 09:11:57

oha nd chocolate doesn't bother me that much, but I do like those velvety chocolate danone pots - they are lovely and only 110 cals irrc.

Chocolate pots and mousses are great for a choc fix and lower in cals. I get mini choc bars from Aldi too called 'Bubbles' (!), 82cals, sorts the craving and doesn't do huge damage!

Welcome back twinkle183!!

Chocolate mousses are great, I think a lot of it is getting used to having more calories as I am maintaining and feeling freer has led me to eating too much junk rather than increasing portion sizes of main meals.

PinkCustard Wed 06-Feb-13 15:03:07

Hello all, I'm still using MFP but haven't been on here for ages...Still struggling to shift the last few stubborn lbs (about 5 probably) but am really determined to wear a bloody bikini this summer without being self conscious.

So I'm back to tracking on MFP but am also trying 5:2 alongside it - fast day today and am struggling a bit, it's my 4th one and the last one on Sunday was easy. I think maybe I didn't eat enough yesterday. Will persevere though. I'm finding it useful when looking at my weekly calorie goal as opposed to daily. I only discovered the weekly view on MFP yesterday but will be focusing on that as usually I'm good during the week then go way over at the weekend.

The thought of giving up chocolate for any length of time is a definite NO for me - could never last the whole of Lent!

chopstheduck have you considered soup as a bit of a change for lunch? Very filling and usually v low cal.

Also for a sweet treat I'm loving Solero ice-cream lollies, they are unbelievably only 90 cals each but are really nice and take a while to eat.

PinkCustard Wed 06-Feb-13 15:47:12

By the way - is it only possible to see the weekly view from my phone? Can't seem to find the option on the website..?

Hi Pink. Thanks for the Soleros tip. I think I am doing better this time because I am not avoiding everything slightly sugary. It sent me mad last time and all I could think about was sugary things.

PinkCustard Wed 06-Feb-13 19:46:37

I know exactly what you mean. Instead of avoiding all treaty foods altogether, like I've attempted in the past, I'm aiming to plan healthy but tasty meals but also allow sweet treats too in moderation. Otherwise I feel totally miserable and decide it's not worth the bother.

One thing I have just decided to give up though is wine. I'm no longer drinking at home, although I will allow a few drinks if I have a night out - but that is very rare, so essentially I'll be drastically cutting down. So far so good but Friday will be the big test...

BumBiscuits Wed 06-Feb-13 19:51:03

I bought 3 tins of 140 calorie/tin soup from M&S. They were chunky veg, tomato and basil, and chicken noodle. I got 3 because they're on a 3 for 2 right now.

I am on my 2nd fast day today.

First fast was Monday I had 200g prawns (170c) with a bag of bistro salad, which is mainly grated beetroot and dark leaves (40c) for lunch and my home made tuna chilli with cauliflower rice for dinner (190c). I nibbled on breadsticks and had black coffee, salad dressing for the remainder, plus one chocolate. Oh and a 26 cal portion of broccoli soup (made with onion, a whole broccoli, celery, lemon juice, garlic, nutmeg and chicken stock - 4 portions).

Today I missed the prawns out at lunchtime and just had the bistro salad with salad dressing for a 90c lunch. I bought the soup just in case I needed in the afternoon, but didn't use it. There was more tuna chilli and cauliflower rice for dinner (I'd made 2 portions of the tuna chilli on Monday). A portion of cauli rice can be made from half a cauliflower.

I still have over 200c to go today (nearly 8pm). I'm thinking of squandering it on wine grin

BumBiscuits Wed 06-Feb-13 19:52:52

pink

for the weekly view on the app, press the home button on the bottom left then the weekly button on the top right.

WiseKneeHair Thu 07-Feb-13 10:04:20

Welcome twinkle, I've added you.
I am another that wouldn't give up chocolate for lent. I think I could but one of the ways I stay on track is by allowing myself a little bit of good quality chocolate in the evening as a treat for being good in the day.
As for wine, I only have it at the weekend unless I'm working at the weekend, then I'm allowed it the day either side and even then I only tend to have one, rarely two per night.
I'm in this for the long haul and I know, for me, cutting out little pleasures will just make it more difficult and more likely to fail.
cinnamon the one time I got to my goal weight, I put it all back on again in double quick time because I just went mad afterwards. I think maintaining is really difficult. It's different than trying to lose, but getting the balance right is tricky. You seem to be doing brilliantly, though, and some crap is definitely allowed.

WiseKneeHair Thu 07-Feb-13 10:05:41

Meant to say. pink I've only found the weekly view on the phone app. Although you can run reports on the website if you are not on an iPad and I don't know if you can do it that way?

PinkCustard Thu 07-Feb-13 20:45:19

Thanks, I'd checked the reports facility and couldn't seem to find a weekly view on it. I'll just view it on my phone.

NotInTheMood Thu 07-Feb-13 23:02:31

Can I join I started MFP today and already struggling with my 1200 calories a day eek

Chopstheduck Fri 08-Feb-13 06:18:13

Don't really like soup, pinkcustard. I'm a fussy bugger!

I think it's lunches I struggle with because when I piled on the pounds I was eating a couple of sarnies for breakfast then could eat one cooked meal for lunch and another for dinner blush

I am hooked on porridge now though, at this rate I will be eating that for lunch as well as breakfast! Last time I dieted I had a vegetable patch, and I used to go out there and grab a load of greens, etc, and throw them into a wok on the bbq for lunch with some grilled prawns and meat. Ultimate in healthy living! I can't wait for summer to get here.

Lissyfrog Fri 08-Feb-13 07:10:37

Chops x download the "be food smart" app it's free and has some lovely low cal ideas for brekkie, lunch and dinner x they r also quick to do x gonna try the pizza crumpet 161 cal I think x toast crumpet spread with Tom purée add fresh toms grill again for a min or so then add a little cheese ( can't remember how many grams) the put back under grill x I might add onion and mushrooms don't think that would add to many more cals to it x they've got some fab ideas x banana muffins look fab to smile x

Morning all.

Hi Notinthemood. I'm MrsDomini on MFP if you want to add me.

I'm not great with soups either as I always want bread with them! I think because it's a 'liquid' meal my brain thinks I haven't eaten and I end up more hungry, unless I eat bread with it so it defeats the object. That said, I do love spicy butternut squash soup!

Chopstheduck Fri 08-Feb-13 08:07:00

I will try that lissy!

Yup, Bear! I'd rather have a huge plate of crusty bread and maybe a tiny bit of soup, purely for dipping! grin

Lissyfrog Fri 08-Feb-13 10:07:37

Ahhhhhh me to x bread and butter dipped in soup smile that's y I invoid soups to x ryvita is nice dipped in x

Lissyfrog Fri 08-Feb-13 10:09:50

Hi and welcome notinthemood x I've just added u x I'm the same as on here lissyfrog x

NotInTheMood Fri 08-Feb-13 10:19:22

Ah thank morning everyone my username is Sammyjo1980 is you want to add me I may actually stick to it if people are watching :-/

NotInTheMood Fri 08-Feb-13 10:31:15

I have sent an add lissyfrog and little bear hopefully I've sent it right :-)

Lissyfrog Fri 08-Feb-13 10:49:39

Sorry sent u a friend request but as notinthemood x I can see u now sammy x

twinkle183 Fri 08-Feb-13 17:51:46

Afternoon ladies... Am not doing do bad!!! Am struggling with fitting in my exercise as I am in essay/dissertation hell! But fingers crossed things will become under control soon.... And I'll be able to hop back on to the insanity train soon!!!!

Keep going ladies with the progress!!! Xxx grinwink

WiseKneeHair Fri 08-Feb-13 20:28:09

Evening all.
I did extra exercise today to enable me to have chocolate and wine tonight and I'm going to be ONE calorie over! grin
I love soup and am shock at all the haterz. Poor soup will get a complex.
Welcome notinthemood, I'll add you. Do you need to be at 1200 calories? That's not many and you might find it easier if you up it a bit. I'm aiming for 1330 and those extra 130 sometimes make all the difference.
I know weekends are hard, but have a good one everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now