Myfitnesspal.com support thread 5

(990 Posts)

A shiny new thread for existing users of mfp and for anyone new who would like to join us for support, bottom kicking and general chatting smile

Old thread here

Emandlu Tue 18-Sep-12 13:30:40

Hello, glad I found you all on the new thread!

I've not been doing MFP over the last 2 weeks as we went on holiday but I only put on 1lb while we were away so I'm dead chuffed and I'm back on MFP properly now.

Groovee Tue 18-Sep-12 13:31:15

Well done Em x

Kaloobear Tue 18-Sep-12 19:45:17

Hiya, I'm Chadpie on MFP-please add me if you'd like smile signed up ages ago, decided to do WW instead and have now started MFP properly for maintenance purposes. I lost 5st between November and June and am very, very keen not to put it back on!

HermioneHatesHoovering Tue 18-Sep-12 20:29:01

Can anyone answer my question in my previous post? Thanks

Hermione go onto 'goals' it will be at the top above the status update bit when you are on 'my home'.
When you click on it it will give you the choice of guided or custom, custom you make it up yourself, guided it does it for you which I prefer smile

jchocchip Tue 18-Sep-12 21:45:38

Hi
HHH go to settings then update diet/fitness profile and put in sedentary and lose 1lb a week to start and see what number it works out for you!

omletta Tue 18-Sep-12 21:49:44

Kaloobear - 5st in 8 months OMG!

HermioneHatesHoovering Wed 19-Sep-12 01:58:01

Thanks grin

Kaloobear Wed 19-Sep-12 12:29:39

It was a lot faster than I expected it omletta!

Kaloobear Wed 19-Sep-12 15:06:07

How do you find people by username? The only way I can see is to send an email to friends, but I don't want to do that, I just want to find some of you!

Kaloobear Wed 19-Sep-12 15:09:27

Ah never mind, found it!

Kaloobear i',m power1969 if you want to add me.

DeeJoyHoy on MFP

11lb off so far. Having a very bad week though.

I have been using MFP but am worried if I added you lot, you'd be able to see how much I weigh!
Can friends on the app see how much each other weighs?

No mygirl, just how much we lose.

Only weightloss is visible to others even friends mygirllollipop so don't worry. Even if it was were all here for the same reasons and no one would judge smile

readyforno2 Wed 19-Sep-12 20:25:23

My mfp name is nicolemarie1503
I need a kick up the arse now and again. Lost 11 pounds so far but got 3 stone to go (at least).

ihatethecold Wed 19-Sep-12 21:44:40

Fab. New thread. I'm on mfp as pinkjan4288 if any newbies want to add me grin

I've upped my cals from 1200 as I wasnt losing at all even though I've lost inches through exercise.
I always eat back my exercise cals but I've decided to eat a bit more

I think because I don't have much to lose my bod will want to hold on to it!

jchocchip Wed 19-Sep-12 21:46:48

Far too much comfort chocolate eating today, think I am going to have a rough few days. Will be ok next week. Will just have to run a very long way to run it off...

readyforno2 Wed 19-Sep-12 22:10:36

How do you change your cal intake? I'm pretty new to it and also how do I factor in breastfeeding now? It used to be in the food bit but now comes up with n/a..
Had a really bad day today, totally pigged out. Need to get more self control

I don't know how to do it manually but if you change your desired weightloss or activity level it will change. On my phone app breastfeeding is still under food, just tried it and you can go into the meal you like and search breastfeeding.

readyforno2 Wed 19-Sep-12 22:22:37

Yeah it's still there but doesn't take the calories off anymore iyswim?
Ok thanks I thought maybe there was a manual way of changing it. I only ever use the app so thought it might have been through the website or something.
Thanks anyway.

smirnie Thu 20-Sep-12 07:41:37

Can anyone help me with a question? I logged on to the website for the first time to change my username to the same as on here. Since then every time I open the app I have to sign in with my password. I can't see a box to tick to 'save password'. It's not the end of the world, just annoying when I'm in a rush!

Hello all. I am on Day 2 <excited> New to MFP but really like the look of it.

Haven't had a good look at it all yet, but I think I can do it. I am coming off some tablets that made me put on weight so I think it's now or never.

If that's the case, I will add those of you who have posted your name.
Have just moved and the kids are in school so really going to push the weight loss. Have a number in mind for a 'big' birthday at the end of the year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now