Myfitnesspal.com support thread 5

(990 Posts)

A shiny new thread for existing users of mfp and for anyone new who would like to join us for support, bottom kicking and general chatting smile

Old thread here

Hello OneTwoorThree I think we were also always a day or so behind each other on the day-counter thingimijig werent' we?
Well done on starting already. I am still on holiday until the 7th (work in a primary school) and there is still a lot of chocolate to scoff so I am still having a few indulgent days (there is some Baileys left which needs finishing wink )

Will be back in earnest on Monday! Strangely looking forward to it smile

HeffalumpsAndWoozles Thu 03-Jan-13 03:23:58

Brilliant, thanks bora I've added it on, suddenly my chocolate scoffing yesterday doesn't look so bad after all!

BoraBora Thu 03-Jan-13 11:38:48

Haha! It does make you hungry doesn't it huffa, just a shame it's not hungry for vegetables!

addictedismoving Thu 03-Jan-13 12:23:15

hi sorry, occasional lurker, but had a quick question, I've started jillian michels 6 week 6 pack, but cant find it on the excercise section to add it in, is it there? or should I forget adding it and carry on anyway?

sorry as you were ladies

Oh BoraBora have just clicked - as well as having the same amount of weight to lose, we also both had hyperemesis!

Have never met another fellow sufferer, have never heard of it until I was hospitalised! Thought I was just a wuss with a bad tummy bug blush Was too early for me even to POAS.

lunar1 Thu 03-Jan-13 13:06:53

Another hyperemisis sufferer here, with ds1 I has lost 35 lbs by 20 weeks! All kept back on pretty quickly though.

I have just done one of the Davina workouts from her free app, had to add it as general aerobics though as they don't seem to be on there.

focuson Thu 03-Jan-13 14:06:17

Hi can I join in - just rejoined mfp (user name monro3) not a great deal to loose. 3 years ago lost 3 stone on food focus - 1 stone crept back on so now want to get back to under BMi of 25 - start weight 9 stone 12 - want to get to 8 stone 12 and going on hols 11th feb so want to get rid of 8lb in next month. Went to gym this morning and class tonight am on a mission!! Oh ps am very short at 5foot 1.

focuson Thu 03-Jan-13 14:10:57

Oh and welcome friend requests user name monro3 thank you!

BoraBora Thu 03-Jan-13 19:44:49

It's the pits isn't it? I had it all the way up to and including labour hmmhmmhmm

It's so fair I put weight on! The only way I can explain it is like having a shitty hangover, the only thing that made the nausea better - and I mean for a few minutes - was junk food. Would throw veg up straight away. God, it was awful. I feel sad thinking about that nine months. I had a weird, physical flash back of the sickness the other day. Dark, dark times.

Weekipper Thu 03-Jan-13 20:18:22

So positive point: I've logged everything I've eaten for 6 days.
Negative point: I can't seem to stop after dinner and the Christmas choc calls.

HeffalumpsAndWoozles Thu 03-Jan-13 21:12:09

A good day food wise today, although I still feel a bit like I'm cheating with all those extra bf calories. I've logged today's meals and there's still quite a lot left so I'm looking forward to a mince pie later on as a treat smile Probably blow my remaining allowance on it though...

addicted sorry I don't know about that particular one, is there a similar option you can enter instead?

Post it as a question on mfp too addictedismoving. I would suggest just looking for the closest alternative.

Welcome focuson!

I would suggest eating them all and then not buying anything weekipper, I started by having nothing in the house and then slowly reintroduced. I replaced chocolate with low calorie hot chocolate, fills you up and helps with need for sweet.

javotte Fri 04-Jan-13 13:19:38

Long-time lurker here. weekipper, brushing my teeth as soon as possible after dinner solves the problem for me, because I am too lazy to brush them a second time.
I am fatjavotte on MFP.

lunar1 Fri 04-Jan-13 16:58:56

Kipper, my bad times in the day are about 3pm and 10pm, I have started trying to keep myself busy at those times. It will be better next week when I have the school run to keep me busy.

I agree lunar I tend to want to snack between 3pm and 10pm as well. I find I have a bovril drink when dc have their tea. And after mind and DH dinner I try to do some cross stitching as I can't eat and sew at the same time.

10pm!! I'm going to bed at that time! Mine's about an hour earlier and in the afternoon when the kids are napping so 2-3. Hot drinks are good but tea often makes me want chocolate/cake/biscuits too.

BoraBora Fri 04-Jan-13 18:41:23

Can you perhaps have dinner later in the evening and plan in a snack at 3pm?

sparkleshine Fri 04-Jan-13 20:53:12

Hiya ladies smile
(Very) long time no see. Not been on here at all for weeks now. I've really not had any motivation to lose weight and been so lax in my diet and the food I eat its unbelievable.

So anyway I'm owning up and I weighed myself on New Year's Day. I've put 15lbs on!!! Yep a whole stone since I stopped counting properly and stopped logging my food down. It's been about 2 months now. So it really goes to show that I'm one of those people that just can't ever relax again for a period of time. Luckily my clothes still fit but I could tell weight had gone on.
I'm so gutted and disappointed in myself. After losing 80+lbs in a year and 4 dress sizes its a big blow. I've not been to the gym either in all this time.

So a new year and going to get back on track. Got to lose that 15lbs + the other stone I had to go.

Hope everyone's Christmas and new year went well. Good luck on your weight losses this year smile

Welcome back sparkleshine, just commented on your mfp post. You'll do great again like you did before. Sorry you're disappointed but think of how many years your were overweight and how long you've not been. My mum found photos from when I was 10 we were looking at last weekend and I was so sad, how did she let me get so big?!? I have control over what my kids eat and never let them overeat, what I do as an adult is up to me but I will not let them be fat kids to be picked on. I hope that now I am eating the right way I can teach them the right way to be for their whole lives. Sorry that turned a bit preachy but I just wanted to say I know what it's like to change what you've always known, I know I'm not going back but some days it's a struggle!

focuson Sat 05-Jan-13 09:59:01

Thank you for the welcome! Day 3 for me - sparkle shine when you get back into zone it will all drop of (wow at 80lb year). My dp is v tall and skinny and both ds taken after dad - the prob with this and ds1 has type1 diabetes is meal times quite carb heavy as ds1 very sporty and needs carb and cal heavy meals to maintain weight and not loose. I have been cooking stew and chilli batches so boys can add loads of rice and I just have it ith little rice and loads salad. Need motivation big time as trying to loose around a stone to get back to a BMi of around 23-24 where I look my best and can wear my lovely new clothes. Having hovered around BMi of 30 for near on 7 years the past 2.5 years have been so liberating and I am determined to not go back! Thank you again

Hi all

I've been using MFP since Wednesday but am concerned I've set it wrong.
I input my current weight, and what I want to weigh etc as it asks to.

It then tells me I need to eat no more that 1,200 calories per day.

It then says if I do this I should "gain" rather than lose weight. But I've not asked it to tell me how to gain!

Any suggestions?

cece Sat 05-Jan-13 17:21:19

Can I join in? I am friends with cinnamon on mfp and a couple of others but had a really bad two weeks. I have put on 5 lbs and can really feel it. I was about half way through my weight loss and have about another 2 stone (or so) to go. I am aiming for a healthy range bmi.

My mfp name is ytrewq10

FellowshipOfFineFellows mfp seems to have a minimum of 1200 calories I would guess without any other info that your bmi is quite low and that even with 1200 calories you would be gaining weight? What is your weekly loss set to? And your activity level? Even when I was getting to the end of losing at 9 1/2st at 5'5" I was on lightly active and losing 1/2lb a week and I could have 1500.

Hi cece, that 5lb will be off before you know it!

Thanks cinnamon I had put my weight in wrong!
All done now.
I'm 14 stone and want to be 9.
Have pledged to do 30 minutes exercise 5 times a week. Seem to be doing OK so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now