Myfitnesspal.com support thread 5

(990 Posts)

A shiny new thread for existing users of mfp and for anyone new who would like to join us for support, bottom kicking and general chatting smile

Old thread here

Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope you're all having a lovely festive time grin I had a lovely day yesterday and am going for a run with my club in half an hour then off to the cinema just me and my boys, lovely!

Movingforward123 Wed 26-Dec-12 13:04:52

Well done to all of you running over Christmas smile I feel like I need to exercise, might try tomorrow grin I havnt been tracking atall but I'm not you worrie about it smile

Happy Christmas everyone smilesmile

Level3at6months Fri 28-Dec-12 09:36:12

Hi all. I've toyed very briefly with MFP before but now's the time to begin properly. I'm very fed up as this has been my fattest, laziest December ever and I know it's just not me so I have to stop it right now. If anyone would add me to give me a kick up the very wide backside it would be much appreciated. Same user name as here. Thanks!

Level3at6months Fri 28-Dec-12 09:37:30

Oooh, no no no! Not same name as here at all, silly me blush littlecityblue it is!

MegBusset Sat 29-Dec-12 15:37:51

Hello <waves at Cinnamon and Jchocchip from C25k thread> smile

I have been logging since August, lost 11lb (9st 8lb to 8st 11lb) and started running 3x week. Stopped logging mid-Dec so I could enjoy Xmas meals without stressing, have gone up to 9st 1lb so am back on the wagon, on 1420 cals til I get back down to 8st 11 or 12 where I'm comfortable.

Welcome Level3at6months!! I will add you but I'm not very active on mfp, I'm maintaining so just pop in now and again and log my running. I was 14st 13 and lost 5st 9lb so if I can do it you can too grin

Hi MegBusset, don't reckon it'll take you long smile. Sounds like you had a good Christmas though!

Elainey1609 Sat 29-Dec-12 16:14:17

Hi ya everyone
so last year i lost quite abit of weight using my fitness pal, untill i fell off the band wagon due to normal stress and family life.....im sure everyone has the same thing.
But this year i graduate from university ( want to look great in a new dress and my graduation robes), i will have to look for jobs meaning having to attend interviews.
i want to feel confident.....and to do that need to feel and look my best, happy with myself both on the inside and out.

i loved the support i got from you guys in the beginning you were a huge help.
so from 1st of January the diet starts (no point strating before then got loads of xmas chocolate snacks and ice cream left lol and not even at home lol)

So hope everyone will be joining with me would love any tips

add me on mfp...my username is Elainey1609

Good luck to everyone we will achieve our goals this year with each other to help

MonsterBookOfTinsel Sat 29-Dec-12 17:47:26

So after the alcohol, chocolate and fizzy pop, I am starting logging properly again tomorrow.
Am coming off maintaining till I am feeling a bit detoxed, the higher cal intake is just excuse for more chocolate, need to be strict till the chocolate has run out!
Newbies feel free to add me, I have been logging for a whole year now!
Same name as on here smile

BoraBora Sat 29-Dec-12 20:24:14

Hi guys, can I join you?

My DD is now two months old and have decided to tackle my pregnancy weight. I'd lost half a stone pre Christmas but have put it all back on plus a few pounds in apparently less than 10 days. Feel absolutely awful.

Want to lose 2.5 stone in total. Need support!

BoraBora Sat 29-Dec-12 20:26:15

Oh and please add me - I don't know how to do it! My name's Sastra over there smile

BoraBora Sat 29-Dec-12 20:30:26

Oh, and I'm also a runner. Had hyperemerisis during pregnancy so had to stop, but getting back into it now. God I've missed it. Am hating how hard it is and how heavy I feel hmmhmmhmm

Hi Elainey1609 I remember you smile

Welcome BoraBora! I can't work out how to add people I don't know in rl but if anyone else knows please shout. You could join our C25K thread there are some beginners but also those of us who started in January and are building on 5K.

Elainey1609 Sat 29-Dec-12 20:48:28

cinnamongreyhound click on community then the sub heading of find member and you can write in the username ...hope that helps, thats how i add anyway

Level3at6months Sat 29-Dec-12 21:52:42

Well it's only been two days but I'm loving MFP. Really hope I can keep using it. It's motivated me to get back to the gym and start running again - on the treadmill, which I hate, but once I'm back to running 10 mins without dying, I'll get out there again. I was horrified how tough it was to run for 1 minute when I used to be able to just about keep going for an hour, but I know it'll come back if I keep it up.

jchocchip Sat 29-Dec-12 22:49:29

I did well over Christmas, trouble is my db has sent an enormous box of chocolates and we need to get them eaten before new year, don't we???

Hi to new peeps - I'm same name as on here, still have loads to lose so add me if you like. I lost a few stone between December and March, slowed down a lot once back at work, put some back on in September and now losing again.

BoraBora Sun 30-Dec-12 10:18:48

So I'm trying to decide whether to start tomorrow (as Monday is the starts date of the site) or Tuesday, the first. What do you reckon?

MegBusset Sun 30-Dec-12 10:48:10

Well I have woken up with the stomach bug the kids have had over Xmas so reckon I'm getting a head start sad

wheredidiputchristmas Sun 30-Dec-12 11:36:37

Bora me and DH are starting again on the 2nd, as we still have a few treats left to eat and I'm doing roast shoulder of Lamb on the first and today we having Beef and Mushroom suet Pudding for dinner.

wheredidiputchristmas Sun 30-Dec-12 11:37:26

Sorry you not well MegBusset, we had it before christmas.

It depends on your willpower and what's left in your house BoraBora? If you have stuff to finish up and you'd rather eat it all than have a little each day or just have it laying around then wait. I had nothing in the house when I started but got stuff for Christmas (6 weeks after start) and I managed to have one or two bits a day and still be under each day.

Wishing you well soon MegBusset!

jchocchip Mon 31-Dec-12 19:04:45

oops over already and not yet had tea... Won't go mad but will have some extra and stay up till midnight, Happy New Year everyone wine smile

Happy New Year all smile I am new, have baby weight to lose dating back to my 2.9 year old!

I started MFP today for the second time and would love some company on there... Same user name.

I am determined to stick it out this time, low carbing for a couple of weeks to kick start weight loss & promote ongoing motivation! Then hopefully will have broken my sugar habit and be able to maintain a long term healthy diet. It used to be so easy! I need to get back into the head space of treats being occasional rather than a daily occurance!

BoraBora Tue 01-Jan-13 14:13:40

Hi Dharma, I've just added you smilehow much do you have to loose? I'm losing baby weight too.

lunar1 Tue 01-Jan-13 14:57:58

Can you add me too im Lunar1980

Currently 246lbs, i have set my goal to reach 199lbs for now. I think i will get the tape measure out when i have got the boys to bed tonight. might even get DH to take a headless pic on my phone for extra motivation!

Will be great to have some company.

Thanks BoraBora

I didn't actually know when I posted this morning blush but have since weighed myself for the first time in over a year and found out it's just over 2.5 stone. Eurgh. Can't believe I've been ostriching for so long! But equally, here I am now, determined to kick ass... Preferably my own!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now